Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2014.

Interview

There was an online application and a phone interview. The online application is similar to most other online applications, and you can include a cover letter. If you know or are connected to a manager at Freescale, they can expedite the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a problem to solve?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview

on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Questions

• try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

Negotiation

No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herzel, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Herzel, SK (Canada)).

Interview

A two phase interview, first phase is 1 on 1 with a regular employee, the second is with a panel of 3 people usually team leaders. Each one lasts for about 3 hours. Usually each part consists of a short presentation and then 3 technical questions. Usually in growing difficulty. The interview with the panel is quite stressing as the people are looking at you all the time.

Interview Questions

• To implement a timer that expires once a given period. For this purpose should use a HW register that counts machine ticks. The frequency of the counter is known.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herzliya (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Herzliya (Israel)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview with two engineers for graduate position, talked about the projects I made and the courses I took. The second part was technical, the questions were not that difficult. Overall a nice experience even though I could do it better. The answer from HR came quickly, a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Simple state machine design; an algorithmic question; some C code writing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2014.

Interview

1:1 interview with one of the teammates , than after a week group/panel interview

Interview Questions

• solve a complicate equation when you can use only addition and multiplication operations   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (New Delhi (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

First round- there was 1 hour written subjective questions from DS, Algo and puzzles. After that first round was technical round for about 45 min and then 2 HR Rounds

Interview Questions

• In HR Round one of the HR asked that what set you apart from your peers?.   1 Answer