Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions

Interviews at Freescale Semiconductor

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview

on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Questions

• try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

Negotiation

No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2014.

Interview

There was an online application and a phone interview. The online application is similar to most other online applications, and you can include a cover letter. If you know or are connected to a manager at Freescale, they can expedite the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a problem to solve?   1 Answer

Channel Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the program manager with some initial screening on the phone, went pretty well. The manager then signed me up for an onsite 2 hour interview with 4 people half an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general behavior questions like "what you see yourself in 5 years", "how are you going to solve problems when your teammate isn't cooperative" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to explain the time vs voltage graph of a discharging capacitor. I wasn't expecting school related type textbook questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate too much because I was offered very close to what I had wanted.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Conducted the first phone interview. Some behavior and technical interview describing the position requirements and the company culture. The interviewer was very friendly and wanted me to join her group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I found them at a convention, they almost turned me away by giving me the old apply online scheme, and then I blurted out my experience related to the position and they signed me up for an interview. They seem to want people that demonstrate interest in their company and have an idea of what they want to do with Freescale.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your Resume.   1 Answer