Fung Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Stay away complete waste of time.
    Contacted by recruiter and selected for a phone screen with the hiring manager.
    Introduction of the company and back ground of the hiring manager followed by question regarding past projects and basic behavioral questions.
    Selected for second round on-site interview with 3 members of IT management team and HR.
    Again basic behavioral questions and run down of past projects. All 3 managers use different script but ask basically the same questions. HR interview is standard.
    Selected for final round with executive from HQ. Was told they will schedule a time to have a video conference interview with the executive in Hong Kong.
    Everything becomes shady after this point. Complete radio silence and no responses to follow ups.
    About a month later the recruiter contacts me telling me they decided to completely restart the interview process and I am no longer being considered.
    It seems like the company completely lacks any kind of professionalism and have no issues with wasting your time interviewing you for a position that they most likely did not have approval for.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fung Group.

Interview

Just Behavior questions. First, a research assistant will have a 30min interview with you. After that, HR will have a little chat with you, asking about your resume again. really strange. Also asked what my boss asked you just now? tell me about your research experience and internship experience, etc.

IT Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I went to four interviews. By the fourth time, the IT director had changed and so had the job. It went from FT to temp to perm. I had over 4 hours of interviews over the course of four months. The job was not solidly defined and the manager and director gave me different assignments which clashed over the course of the short time I was there.

Interview Questions

• The question that came up most often was whether or not I had ever worked in a chaotic environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY).

Interview

applied through style careers.com. got a phone call interview first. We went over my resume together and i had to explain what I've done and what i am doing now. HR arranged me an interview about a week after and I had an interview with senior designers or vp.

Interview Questions

• pretty straight forward. Explained my former internship experience and went over my portfolio together. they explained who are the main clients are and explained briefly about the roles.   Answer Question

Freelance Tech Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 1 person. It was short. Brought portfolio, she didn't even look at it. She was late because she had a phone call. She talked mostly about how much work she had. She wanted to hire me, without looking at my portfolio or asking me extensive questions about my experience. I think she had things on her mind and was rushed to find someone, anyone.

Interview Questions

• Can you grade? Do you know how to tech?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First, you meet with HR, and show your work, Then she shows to the design team and she sets up a meeting with Designer Director and after that you meet with VP. Interview was very friendly. Everyone was very informative and helpful about explaining what the company does. They respect your concerns and questions. Very pleasant experience as an interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to interview here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR e-mails you to let you know the result and calls you about salary nego.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I found a posting on my university career network. I applied for a position, got a one-on-one interview with VP of HR. The interview was behavioral and conversational. No unexpected quesitons - tell about yourself, walking through resume, etc. I did not get the position, but got called back for another position and got an offer.

Technical Design Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There where two interviews first with an HR person then with a division manager. the first one is done one on one at the school campus then you are set up for a second within the lf usa building to meet with a manager where they try and see if you will work well within the team. since most of the lf usa works in a structured team environment mangers are careful to see how you will fit in and work with others.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fung Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

First you apply to the program and then you are contacted by HR. Interview is pretty standard and if they really like you they may let you know right then and there if you get the internship. My interview was via phone but some interns who live in NY during school year went in for face-to-face interviews.

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fung Group.

Interview

Fast. Started as an intern and worked my way up. Came in to interview and had the offer 5 days later

Negotiation

set rate for interns