GBMC HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Ellicott City, MD).

Interview

I had a phone interview. The person called me in the morning on a federal holiday. I was off, still sleeping. She asked if it was a good time. What was I supposed to say? - sure. Needless to say I was unprepared. But I thought to myself. How rude and disrespectful of other peoples time. At least have a courtesy to send me a quick email to set up time.

Interview Questions

GBMC HealthCare Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for the review. We will share your feedback with our team. Thank you

Nursing Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Towson, MD).

Interview

It took about a month or two for a recruiter to call once I placed an application. Once I got a call for the interview, I interviewed with the hr specialist then introduced to the nurse manager and then interviewed with her.

Interview Questions

• When faced how do you face difficult challenges?   1 Answer

Mar 20, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for the review.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I interview with just one person. she was really nice. She called me back after two days. She was really helpful. We talked about my previous work experiences . we discussed the culture at GBMC and how i fit in.

Interview Questions

GBMC HealthCare Response

Quality Outcomes Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, with increasing seniority as they went along. Timing was pretty quick between the two which was nice. Very content specific. All 4 interviewers I sat with were very friendly and interested in getting to know me as much as anything else.

Interview Questions

• Discussed the use of MHAC data and the role of quality based reimbursement in the state.   2 Answers

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare.

Interview

Contacted via email to set up initial interview with HR. HR interview pretty straight forward. Meeting with nurse manager went well, easy to talk to with easy questions. Share day offered.

Interview Questions

GBMC HealthCare Response

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Towson, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Normal for higher level engineer. 1 or 2 phone screenings to verify you know what you say you do on resume. Then an interview with manager and final panel interview with director, manager, and senior level engineer. It did take about 2 months before I got offer after final interview, not first time that's happened but I had honestly thought I didnt get position it took so long. I was happy when I did get the call.

Interview Questions

• Normal what would do, how you handle questions. Not super technical until last interview where senior engineer was present. Nothing too difficult but you had to know what you were talking about. To put it bluntly, you couldn't have BS your way through technical questions. As long as you actually know what you put on your resume them nothing to fear.   1 Answer

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Towson, MD).

Interview

First you meet with a nursing recruiter in Human Resources. Then, you are taken to the department where you meet with a Clinical Coordinator and the Nurse Manager. After the Clinical Coordinator asks questions, you have a 1:1 interview with the Nurse Manager.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get asked difficult questions, but some questions were: "What do you find the most challenging about working in the ER?" "Tell me about a situation where a patient was very upset with you and how you handled it." "Tell me about a scenario where you had integrity."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Even though I had 5+ years experience in the field, it was difficult to negotiate a higher salary. I was told that you were paid bases on how many years you had been in your current role and my experience wasn't sufficient enough for a higher pay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Interview

The interview process isn't too stringent. They are mostly looking to see that your are a thoughtful person that can handle responsibilities at the hospital.

Registration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Baltimore, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

There were too many people (unnecessary) in the interview. There were a total of four people and only one person spoke; which was the same person who was conducting the interview

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The offer that was made was very pleasing.

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GBMC HealthCare (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I had two days of orientation and I spoke very well during the interview.I was explained the process of the job as far as what they accept and what the do not tolerate.I was given a toar of the hospital,introduced to some of the employees,and most the manager treated me with the up most of respect.

Interview Questions

• how well do you get along with other people   1 Answer