GM Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GM Financial Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions. Basic interview questions. Tour around the office. Very friendly, I loved the environment and actually getting to look around and see things that other companies do not offer

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal workplace?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GM Financial (Tempe, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

This was a behavioral interview. Initially met with 2 people, don’t remember their titles. They started by asking a series of non-hypotheticals. They then had an employee give me a quick tour and I was left to wait for a short time. Then I was interviewed by a single woman, who didn’t announce her title until I asked. She was VP of customer relations. She asked more of the same types of questions, asked me to explain my changes in employment and industries, asked my why I wanted to work for GM Financial etc. Overall it was a very positive experience. Incredibly professional and the interviewers were friendly and patient.

Interview Questions

• In your previous employment or your life, tell us of a time that you feel you adapted successfully, and a time you adapted poorly to change.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, and how they responded to that.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you felt you really connected with
      a customer and why.   Answer Question

Dealer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial (Memphis, TN) in March 2018.

Interview

Pretty Laid Back and short phone call. 12 Minutes total with a Young Talent Acq employee. 10-14 days later had a follow up interview with a Regional Manager. No follow up as of yet and position is still open online.

Loss Mitigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a panel interview with two pleasant ladies. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and a few of them were hard to answer. But overall the interview was good. Some of the questions I needed to have repeated or clarified and they did it with no issues.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a task with a deadline and you could not meet the deadline. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Very positive Upper management. Manager, AVP & VP were present for the Interview. Usually takes about 2 weeks to find out if you receive an offer. The Whole process was very professional and I feel good about the process.

Economic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial in January 2018.

Interview

Standard process beginning with HR screening. Polite, professional. It was economic internship opportunity for the graduate students. After 30-min call with hiring manager I got impression that they are looking for a data cleaning clerk. None of the questions I was asked were related to economics or economic analysis. Majority of the questions were about my skills in data cleaning.

Interview Questions

• STAR format with HR, Data cleaning with hiring manager.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Applied online for the the credit analyst position, then I recieved an email from headquarters to have a phone interview with the head recruiter. Next step was getting a phone interview with the regional credit center I applied. I talked to two different rcms and then got an email and phone call from the recruiter a couple days after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

Short and simple. The employer was friendly, informative, and conversational. There were a few questions, then you have to take a grammar test as well as a test to see how well you can listen to customer requests.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GM Financial (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Very fast process. I quit my job and when I got home I freaked out that I didn't have a job so I applied everywhere near me. About 15 min (hour after quitting my job) I got a phone interview with GM. It lasted about 15 minutes and just went over resume and about the jobs. Set up an in person interview the next day. In person lasted about an hour. First was with 2 managers who asked a few STAR type questions and went over resume. It felt loose and seemed like they just want to make sure you're not someone crazy they don't wanna hire. Then I did a 20 minute side by side. Kind of meaningless but shows that all you're going to be doing is leaving voicemails. Then I did a quick 10 minute interview with the VP. Just asked a few more questions and how my side by side went. Next day I received a call for an offer. The day after that did my drug test and background check. A week later I started my new job with GM Financial.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

it was ok, asked at least 5 questions per each person there were two. casual. Never heard back though, even after many emails asking about status. I guess if they really like you they will give you a fast response, if not, you'll be waiting for a looooong time.