GM Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Very easy going and they explained the role and the company. Showed you around the offices. Allowed for questions at any time during the process. Overall was a positive experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and several months later got an unexpected email if I was interested in the position still, I got an scheduled interview the following week of the email. I was interview by one hiring manager. She asked several STAR questions which took about 15 mins then I was interviewed by a second manager that asked more STAR questions which took about 2 mins. Then I took 3 skills tests. The next day I got an email saying they would like to move forward with the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond your job performance?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

Behavioral based interview. It started with some conversational questions then moved into a typical kind of interview with 5-6 questions over past situations in my working or school experience and how I handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a fast decision and what was the result?   Answer Question

Economic Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

I got a phone call from their HR and scheduled a physical interview in their Ft Worth office located in downtown last Friday. I am not a big fan of Ft Worth downtown...

Interview Questions

• No many techniques on statistics as their are interested in old-fashion models that are easy to follow and interpret.   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a 10 minute phone interview then went in for a face to face interview with 2 recruiters. They Asked about my background and job situations. About 15-20 minutes. Said they would call me if I got it or I would get an email. Showed me around. One week has past and I haven't heard anything, but it won't start for another 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GM financial?   1 Answer

Leasing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial in March 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a recruiter out of texas. That went well and she sent over a written test I had to do before I moved on to the next step of in person interviews.

The in person interviews are done by two people and they ask a lot of questions that are behavioral based. Pretty standard. Then you do a typing assessment.

I have to rate this experience down for the process after the interview. I was told that I would hear back with 3 to 5 days. Pretty standard for any professional org that is worth its salt. To this day, almost two months later I have yet to hear back. How unprofessional and rude.

Be careful if you decide to interview here. They might string you along for a while.

Interview

i was asked a series of questions, then shown around. I sat and overshadowed an employee to make sure I understood what the job would entail. I then met with two upper managers and was asked a few more questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer, how did you respond and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Asset Remarketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

2 hiring managers interviewed me, it was a purely situational interview. Every question was tell me about a time when.... They were both very friendly and explained the tenure within the company which I found very encouraging

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick business decision, what was it, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Software Architect II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

1st the Human Resources guy called and explained about the role, position & compensation.(30 mins)
    2nd another recruiter called & scheduled time with hiring manager.(30 mins)
    1st HR guy calls again & says it is a Software Architect I ( the pay is less) . He was trying to play a game to demote the role & get cheap labor for more work described in the job requirements.

I felt that it was total unprofessional the way he reached out to me as a candidate. I would highly encourage people to stay away from these kind of unprofessional folks.
    Think about working for people who play these games?
    Thanks to Glassdoor reviews; people warn you in advance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial in February 2017.

Interview

It takes around a month if things go well. The professionalism is great and the recruiter was informative of the process. The process was slightly delayed, but was mostly smooth and well done.

Interview Questions

• First interview was experiences-based and the second, was behavioral-based. The recruiter was helpful throughout the process.   Answer Question