GM Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.7

Loss Mitigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a panel interview with two pleasant ladies. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and a few of them were hard to answer. But overall the interview was good. Some of the questions I needed to have repeated or clarified and they did it with no issues.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete a task with a deadline and you could not meet the deadline. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Very positive Upper management. Manager, AVP & VP were present for the Interview. Usually takes about 2 weeks to find out if you receive an offer. The Whole process was very professional and I feel good about the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Applied online for the the credit analyst position, then I recieved an email from headquarters to have a phone interview with the head recruiter. Next step was getting a phone interview with the regional credit center I applied. I talked to two different rcms and then got an email and phone call from the recruiter a couple days after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

Short and simple. The employer was friendly, informative, and conversational. There were a few questions, then you have to take a grammar test as well as a test to see how well you can listen to customer requests.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GM Financial (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Very fast process. I quit my job and when I got home I freaked out that I didn't have a job so I applied everywhere near me. About 15 min (hour after quitting my job) I got a phone interview with GM. It lasted about 15 minutes and just went over resume and about the jobs. Set up an in person interview the next day. In person lasted about an hour. First was with 2 managers who asked a few STAR type questions and went over resume. It felt loose and seemed like they just want to make sure you're not someone crazy they don't wanna hire. Then I did a 20 minute side by side. Kind of meaningless but shows that all you're going to be doing is leaving voicemails. Then I did a quick 10 minute interview with the VP. Just asked a few more questions and how my side by side went. Next day I received a call for an offer. The day after that did my drug test and background check. A week later I started my new job with GM Financial.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

it was ok, asked at least 5 questions per each person there were two. casual. Never heard back though, even after many emails asking about status. I guess if they really like you they will give you a fast response, if not, you'll be waiting for a looooong time.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. HR contact a week later to schedule a screening call the following week. Screen call was standard resume review but quite detailed in regards to specifics things in the job posting. She was doing her job well. Said hiring manager would likely want a short call as well before proceeding. Nope. Called a week later and wanted to schedule a face to face interivew. Cool.

Individual interviews with two SVPs, then a peer AVP and finally the hiring VP. They all had specific things they were asking about in a somewhat formal HR process but all very laid back. First SVP walked through questions about resume and some more technical experience aspects. Talk about the organziation etc. 2nd SVP was part of another organization that the job would be supporting so she reviewd how her org was structured and asked some questions that were more interpersonal type questions. In hindsight she was rushed and not writing down much so I assume she was not really as vested in the choice as others. AVP peer asked all behaviorial STAR questions and took copious notes. Pretty standard tell me about a time questions. Final interview was with VP that the job would report to. Very relaxed. Listened to STAR answers and asked questions. Interacted and took notes. Wasn't concerned with the resume details. Mostly fit questions and talking about the role.

As additional background, this was an industry change for me. Anytime I indicated a hint of that it was brushed aside as not important due to the basic backgound and skill set that I clearly had. There was no attempt to guage my understanding of their business (I had done quite a bit of research and should have asserted more of my knowledge into the process).

The result? Complete waste of time. "Unfortunately at this point it appears the hiring team will be moving forward with an internal candidate for this role. She currently holds a similar role within our pricing team and would easily assimilate into this role." Ummmm...well of course! Why was I even in the running to start with?

What I learned...Always ask up front if you are competing with an internal candidate. This is normally a question I ask but in this case, it was a very large organization and I made a bad assumption that they were specifically looking for an external candidate. All interview processes are valuable learning exercises, but If this is a test run for you to validate and help them hire an internal candidate, you should know that up front and give that internal candidate a REAL run for their money!

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

They called for a very short phone interview, then called me in for an in person meeting. The 2 individuals I interviewed with were friendly. Then I took an excel and SQL test. After I had finished the test I waited in the test room for 5 or 10 minutes but no one came, so I went to the lobby which was empty. I waited 5-10 minutes, no one that I had been introduced to came around, so I just asked someone to make a note that I was leaving. I felt awkward and like they had forgot about me.

During the test, the test coordinator signed me into a vendor site for the SQL portion and said to take the excel test first then the SQL part. However the SQL test is on a vendors website and timed out while I was working on the excel part. So I had the sheepishly go and ask for her to sign me back in since I wasn't given the login information. They notified me that I wasn't offered the position about a week later.

Auction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview did not take very long. Consisted of two managers and myself. They had to write down my responses to the questions asked. Short and simple and they seemed to like me.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. How you would handle situations and what have you done in the past that improved performance.   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

obtained information through company website, applied online then after a week receive email for phone screening. questions are pretty common questions like introduce your past exp, knowledge about tax, etc

Interview Questions

• past experience relate to the positon   1 Answer