GM Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GM Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial in February 2017.

Interview

It takes around a month if things go well. The professionalism is great and the recruiter was informative of the process. The process was slightly delayed, but was mostly smooth and well done.

Interview Questions

• First interview was experiences-based and the second, was behavioral-based. The recruiter was helpful throughout the process.   Answer Question

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Job is temp to hire through in house staffing agency. You're called first then asked to come in person. If they feel you are a fit you're taken to the floor to shadow an employee.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GM Financial (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Very fast process. I quit my job and when I got home I freaked out that I didn't have a job so I applied everywhere near me. About 15 min (hour after quitting my job) I got a phone interview with GM. It lasted about 15 minutes and just went over resume and about the jobs. Set up an in person interview the next day. In person lasted about an hour. First was with 2 managers who asked a few STAR type questions and went over resume. It felt loose and seemed like they just want to make sure you're not someone crazy they don't wanna hire. Then I did a 20 minute side by side. Kind of meaningless but shows that all you're going to be doing is leaving voicemails. Then I did a quick 10 minute interview with the VP. Just asked a few more questions and how my side by side went. Next day I received a call for an offer. The day after that did my drug test and background check. A week later I started my new job with GM Financial.

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a 10 minute phone interview then went in for a face to face interview with 2 recruiters. They Asked about my background and job situations. About 15-20 minutes. Said they would call me if I got it or I would get an email. Showed me around. One week has past and I haven't heard anything, but it won't start for another 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GM financial?   1 Answer

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was called again for an in person interview with 2 people. Not at all friendly. Seemed to be seeing my resume for the 1st time. Manager couldn't really explain the specifics of the job to be. Seem disorganized. No processes in place. Followed up with recruiter 2 weeks later and she did not return my phone calls or respond to my emails. Do not waste your time interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where your manager didn't agree with the way you handled something.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GM Financial in April 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview with HR and was later brought in for person interview. simple. No difficult or behavior based questions. They laid out their expectations and explained the work culture. I asked them questions because I really had know idea how the business works. They took me on a tour of the office but I didn't get to shadow anyone.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Applied online for the the credit analyst position, then I recieved an email from headquarters to have a phone interview with the head recruiter. Next step was getting a phone interview with the regional credit center I applied. I talked to two different rcms and then got an email and phone call from the recruiter a couple days after.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call from HR to schedule the interview. there was a written test . Then 30 minutes interview each with Operation Audit team and Compliance audit team

Buyer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GM Financial in October 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, then I was called into a in person interview. The interviewers were very friendly and they went through my resume piece by piece. After they had me take an excel test. I was not called back for the final interview.

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GM Financial (Pasadena, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I waited awhile to review GM Financial. The process started off good had a call with recruiter than a phone interview with a manager. After another month had another manager call. Another month went by and had a FaceTime interview with a panel. Another couple weeks went by and than on my own dime flew out to Dallas for another group interview and presentation. After 5 interviews thought it went well.. But than the B.S. insued as I was told that they would make a decision by end of year.. so after 6 months of bending over backwards and getting no response I was very disappointed in the unprofessionalism of this company. Basically after sending them emails and calling, another 3 months went by and all I got was a crappy email stating they are not moving forward. Not even a phone call to let me know directly and to me being a professional in my field giving zero feedback was not acceptable after all those months. I can only imagine how they treat their employees.. Good company but a disappointment to say the least..

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer