GameChanger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GameChanger Interview Questions

Interviews at GameChanger

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameChanger in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online 2 months ago.
    After that I got a coding test and then an initial phone screening.
    The coding test comprised of 2 questions which were of medium difficulty.
    Then they scheduled an initial phone screening since I passed the coding test.
    The phone screening was pretty basic: educational background, work experience and what I'm looking for in my next Software Engineering role.
    I was told that the phone screening would be followed by a technical screening...which NEVER happened.
    After asking for an update a week later, I got to know that the team was still deciding on next steps.
    I WAITED for another couple of weeks and then sent an email for an update. Haven't heard back from the company since.
    I would gratefully appreciate some kind of closure. Please don't ghost on candidates who are excited to work for your company.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GameChanger (New York, NY).

Interview

A bunch of condescending tools drive you through an inane, juvenile process - these are the same "super smart thought leaders who thought an end of season print version of stats was genius(!!!!) and can not figure out managing seasonal cash flow - none could spell marketing. Real tools.

Interview Questions

• Duh, er duh, with no real marketing expertise on our part (we can not figure how to manage seasonal cash flows BTW) - show us an exercise in marketing and we will judge your marketing expertise   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameChanger (New York, NY).

Interview

Another Saas startup company that stresses they are looking for the "best and the brightest" to bring into the fold. The questions about marketing tactics and strategies I had implemented in the past had no depth whatsoever, but they were looking for a concrete answer. And they seemed to just be piggybacking off of one another questions. The vapidity in the group interview and presentation of who and what they were looking pointed to someone who DOESN'T look outside of the box for growth and marketing. Contrary to what was posted in the JD.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem in the past?   1 Answer
    • Oh, but can you give me a concrete example?   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GameChanger (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone call. Followed by an in-person interview scheduled after 3 weeks. Was also given a mini project on iOS (fairly easy) to submit before the interview dat. Onsite interview consisted of an iOS app building rounds, 1x System design, 2x behavioral interviews, 1x Subject Matter interview.

Interview Questions

• Normal System design, algorithm and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameChanger (New York, NY).

Interview

It starts with a talent acquisition call, then a webcam technical screening. After that, an in-person interview is scheduled. You will be given a mini project to submit before going to the interview. The in-person interview will be around 5 hours.

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GameChanger (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through a third party recruiting service. When I reached out with times to schedule a call I was told they wanted someone with more Android experience, which was bizarre given I was being considered for the iOS role but I guess sometimes things get mixed up. The funny part is that I do have Android experience as well, and even led an Android team.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GameChanger (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Behavioral/informational phone screen -> phone screen with the manager -> easy online coding challenge -> onsight interviews with a mix of easy technical and behaviorals from different teams -> onsight to meet the rest of the team.

Everyone was extremely friendly and made me feel right at home. I really enjoyed the way they spoke about the company and the freedom they give employees to take agency on their own projects. The interviews were more conversational probing questions about teamwork, personality, and work philosophy. I don't think so many were needed, but they were so friendly that it wasn't a bother.

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GameChanger.

Interview

Phone Screen by the recruiter (outside agency). Then a phone call with the lead designer. Then an onsite meeting with all the designers along with engineers and pms. They decided not to bring me on for the next round. But the outside firm still reached out to all my references and they had no feedback after I delivered a full 30 minute presentation and had a 5 hour onsite. Really poor way to treat someone who gave close to a day's worth of time to interview. Expected way more from the company.