Gaylord Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.3

Material Control Receiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

We walked briefly through hotel and sat down with department supervisor. I gave my resume and he asked questions about the job details. He sad there were more interviews to go through and the HR would get back with me.

Interview Questions

• How you deal with stressful situations   1 Answer

Server - Texan Station Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

You will most likely be hired if you have some experience. You need to pass a drug test. Try to get an interview with Aleshia. She is the Assistant General Manager and she tends to favortize the employees that she hires. Therefore, you will be placed in a better section and make more money.

Lead Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Questions were not pertinent, interview was 5 minutes long. Had to redo all of my paperwork later because my interviewer lost it and forgot who I was a week later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever saved a life?   1 Answer

Paradise Springs Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, set up a time for the interview, went in. Talked to one person, then was passed on to the next. I believe there was one more interviewer but I didn't have enough experience and they didn't like that I was leaving before labor day for college. They did mention that there would be random drug screenings throughout employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question

Barback Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

easy questions, simple and fast.what previous experience do you have? Why do you think you are a good candidate?told them experiences i had in the past that would help me with this job. i had to enter through hr and interviewed with 3 people. After meeting with the initial recruiter i met with lead food and beverages directer and interviewed. It was a Quick and pain free process.

Interview Questions

• what previous experience do you have? Why do you think you are a good candidate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was not really able to negotiate, it was very uneasy.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process, nothing atypical. Interview follows the standard marriott interview process used nationwide. A whole lot of "tell me about a time" type of situation questions that is about all.

Ice Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty simple. I applied online for the position. After about a week I got a call and had a phone interview. At the end I was asked to come in for the one on one interview. It was a pretty standard interview. They asked about my education and experience based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how to solve a disagreement between you and a manager.   Answer Question

Convention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxon Hill, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Oxon Hill, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an in person interview. After a wonderful phone interview I was invited for an all day interview process with 7 different meetings. After waiting a half hour for my first meeting I was asked how I thought my first meeting went then immediately told the interview would no longer continue. A complete lack of respect and consideration behalf of the gaylord resort at the national harbor. I will forever encourage others to seek, positions elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Asked same questions in person as they did on phone interview. Nothing was difficult as far as questions go. Just inconsiderate of interviewers time.   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter for Marriott contacted me and conducted a phone interview to determine that I was a good fit for the company. Then I had a Skype video interview with my intended bosses because I didn't live in the city. Finally, I was called in to do a tasting of four courses.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what it meant to be management in a union hotel.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxon Hill, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Oxon Hill, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process took too long. I had a phone interview, then one on one interview and had another interview set up. Declined third interview as I had accepted another job offer.