Gaylord Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gaylord Hotels

2.4

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, VT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Northfield, VT) in April 2018.

Interview

Quick, easy and fun. Asked simple questions that are easy to relate to. Took my college situation into consideration and helped choose best job for me. Easy to understand and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation in which I taught someone something.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy because I had an employee referral. I had an interview with two managers and they hired me the same day. Now that Marriott took over Gaylord properties the process is much more complicated and involved. You now have to have several interviews with HR as well as managers from the outlet for which you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a time you went above and beyond for a guest?   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter for Marriott contacted me and conducted a phone interview to determine that I was a good fit for the company. Then I had a Skype video interview with my intended bosses because I didn't live in the city. Finally, I was called in to do a tasting of four courses.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what it meant to be management in a union hotel.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels in January 2017.

Interview

First, it was confusing on where to go. I was never told where to meet for the interview so I went to the HR department. The person working the front desk was just as confused (and rude) until about 20 mins later she was able to figure out where I was supposed to be - to her defense it is a very large place. Once I was finally to the front desk, it was about another 10 mins before the hiring manager was able to see me. The process itself was good. Not very conversational/personable. Direct questions that you had to answer with specific examples from previous experiences. Just wrote down your responses and then you were on your way.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxon Hill, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Oxon Hill, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process took too long. I had a phone interview, then one on one interview and had another interview set up. Declined third interview as I had accepted another job offer.

Convention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxon Hill, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Oxon Hill, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an in person interview. After a wonderful phone interview I was invited for an all day interview process with 7 different meetings. After waiting a half hour for my first meeting I was asked how I thought my first meeting went then immediately told the interview would no longer continue. A complete lack of respect and consideration behalf of the gaylord resort at the national harbor. I will forever encourage others to seek, positions elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Asked same questions in person as they did on phone interview. Nothing was difficult as far as questions go. Just inconsiderate of interviewers time.   Answer Question

Conference Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process for this job is very intense. I interviewed with 8 different people in about 4 different interviews. They truly value this position and want to ensure the right person is in it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. Heard back almost immediately after applying online and had fantastic conversations with HR and the hiring manager. However, when I came in for my in-person interview, I felt things were a little disorganized. I sat down with two of the hiring managers who proceeded to ask me typical interview questions, and then they asked if I had any questions, something that is typically asked at the very end of an interview. After they both answered my questions about the role, one of them then said “Well should we get started?” I was completely thrown off guard. After thinking the interview was over, they proceeded with a lengthy STAR behavioral interview process, something I was not expecting at all. Typically, when a STAR interview process is required, candidates are informed of this either by HR or at the beginning of the interview. It would be best to inform candidates prior to coming in for an in-person interview that a STAR interview will be conducted, as these types of answers require practice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to finish all of your work in a day.   Answer Question

Bar Tender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

I did not get a job because I was rushed through 2 back to back interviews and was blind sided by superficial questions that take longer then half a second to think about. I’m making this review so other bar tenders know what to expect and can prepare.

Interview Questions

• you getting this job will be dermined on your ability to answer STAR questions. It’s an acronym the R stands for result and that’s the most important part. Answering these 7 questions is held to a higher standard than your years of blood sweat and tears so be ready. There’s 7 or so of them and in essence these questions are name a time somebody was struggling and you tried to help? Name a time you made a difference in somebody’s life? Stuff like that. The cheesier more perfect your answer the better. Smile the entire time will help you too. Even if they then selves aren’t smiling people who write these rules never do when the tire hits the road.   1 Answer
    • Drug test?   1 Answer

Barback Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaylord Hotels (Grapevine, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

easy questions, simple and fast.what previous experience do you have? Why do you think you are a good candidate?told them experiences i had in the past that would help me with this job. i had to enter through hr and interviewed with 3 people. After meeting with the initial recruiter i met with lead food and beverages directer and interviewed. It was a Quick and pain free process.

Interview Questions

• what previous experience do you have? Why do you think you are a good candidate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was not really able to negotiate, it was very uneasy.