Gelber Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gelber Group

2.5

Sort:

Intern Interview

Interview

It was just a very simple phone interview. Nothing special at all. Basically, they called me, and we just discussed the position for thirty minutes. But, mostly we talked about my school, discussed Chicago, and discussed if I could be able to find a spot to live over the summer if I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions at all. Just talked about trading and school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I met one of the hiring managers at a career fair, chatted with her very casually and ended up getting her business card. Upon reaching out to her, I was invited to interview in the office. When I got there, I was given a tour of the office before being sat down and asked some behavioral/fit type of questions. After talking with her for awhile, one of the traders interviewed me. He asked me a bit about my background, then asked me to talk him through comparing a few sets of data developed from different trading strategies and ultimately asked me to choose which one I thought was the best. Sounds a little technical, but it was really relaxed and just felt like a conversation as opposed to being grilled.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through how you would compare each of these data sets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview,

go through resume and programming skills

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Very brief because I knew someone in the company. I came into the office one day and interviewed with two people in the firm. No technical questions, all were focused on figuring out where you come from and who you are. Very simple interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online - scheduled a phone interview - did the interview. Mostly behavioral, make sure you have an opinion on the markets and where they are going. First Interview was with an HR person. Prepare answers to why Gelber ? why prop trading? biggest strength/weakness? what stocks do you follow?

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group.

Interview

Got the contact of the HR head from a former intern. Contacted her and applied online. Had 2 phone interviews: first one are fit questions an HR; second one are technicals with a trader. Got offer a couple weeks later.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted my resume via a job posting on school career center website. Heard back by email with a request for a phone interview. I had two phone interviews, one with, who I believe was a general recruiter, and the other was one of the algorithmic traders. Both interviews were fairly easy, did not have to answer any technical questions. I used to play online poker for a living before and during most of my college career, so a lot of questions were directed at that. They also asked a bunch of "fit" type questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, all interns are paid with a fixed monthly stipend

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

On campus recruiting. Within days met with one of their employees for an on campus one on one interview. After that didn't hear back from them until months later. I told them I wasn't interested anymore.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all simple. Can you read a graph etc.   1 Answer

Prop Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a few days later with first round, then was sent questions to answer, then another round phone, finally in-office. They were incredibly nice, smart, and interesting people. Firm has a great company culture.

Prop Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very casual, and laid back. They were just starting a new group within the firm, so I was one of their first employees. It lasted about an hour, and then there was a 5 week trial period before I traded live.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      What got you interested in trading?
      Do you think you are a discipline person, and if so, why?
      Are you risk taker?   Answer Question