Gelber Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gelber Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group.

Interview

After reviewing my resume, I was contacted by a trader on the phone for a behavioral interview. I heard back a few days later and was assigned a quantitative assessment, with two weeks to complete it. I was contacted more than a month after having sent my deliverables, for a follow up technical interview with a quantitative trader. Everything went well and I received an offer to join their summer internship program early January.

Interview Questions

• Using statistical methods, provide a pricing model for a foreign ETF.   Answer Question

Discretionary Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Gelber Group internship position through their online application. A couple weeks later I was notified of being selected for a follow up interview, which was to be completed over the phone because of my location. About a week after this I was emailed with a series of questions to which I had to submit a response in a timely manner. This was followed by a final phone interview where I was offered a position as an intern.

Prop Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very casual, and laid back. They were just starting a new group within the firm, so I was one of their first employees. It lasted about an hour, and then there was a 5 week trial period before I traded live.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      What got you interested in trading?
      Do you think you are a discipline person, and if so, why?
      Are you risk taker?   Answer Question

Algo Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and was contacted a week later for phone interview, with an algo trader. After the phone interview, I was given 14 days to do an open-ended quantitative assessment. I did another round of phone interview with an algo trader, to talk about the quantitative assessment. They email me one week later saying that they will not continue the process with me.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gelber Group in November 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter on the phone - easy to talk to and friendly. Genuinely wants to find a trader that would be a good fit. Next, there were two more interviews with various traders, and finally, an interview with the CEO. Friendly people who were passionate about trading. Easy interview process, mostly fit questions and "why trading" questions.

Algorithmic and Discretionary Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer is a recent graduate trader. Easy interview, but I didn't do well. 2 regular fit questions, go through resume, asked details about my research project, and asked if I have trading experience before.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do your choose Gelber, why do you want to be an algorithmic trader?
      2. As financial data is under a high noise setting, how would you deal with the noise?   Answer Question

Prop Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a few days later with first round, then was sent questions to answer, then another round phone, finally in-office. They were incredibly nice, smart, and interesting people. Firm has a great company culture.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Gelber Group website. I was contacted by email around two months after I applied. They arranged a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty short, around 25 minutes. I did not hear back from them for a few weeks, so I am assuming I did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk you have taken?   1 Answer

Algorithmic Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR mostly fit type questions.
    1 on site technical interview - questions were mostly technical. Applying statistics to generate trade ideas. Questions about time series statistics. Some algorithms questions about efficiently computing standard deviation.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gelber Group.

Interview

Got the contact of the HR head from a former intern. Contacted her and applied online. Had 2 phone interviews: first one are fit questions an HR; second one are technicals with a trader. Got offer a couple weeks later.