GenMark Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Molecular Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a pre-screen phone interview today with GenMark that set a new standard of excellence. The Sr Recruiter who interviewed me is a well spoken professional that managed the discussion with incisive questions from both the technical and fundamental sides. Clearly, GenMark's HR department is setting a first-class example to follow.

Interview Questions

• Clarify how my experience with immunoassay-based IVD systems would translate into value for GenMark.   1 Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

phone call from recruiter to review questions, salary expectations,
    phone call with hiring manager was very helpful, provided company background, insight and culture. Unfortunately position was placed on hold

Interview Questions

• Recruiter provided in advance 5 questions to get an idea of knowledge   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then an internal recruiter reached out to me. Interviewed with recruiter, then with manager, team member, VP of Sales and Regional Sales Manager. Last interview was at corporate, others on the phone. All were very friendly and easy to talk to with many specific questions on my experience and knowledge of the company. Very upfront about the requirements of the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the think I most liked and disliked about my job at my current company?   Answer Question

QA Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and within a week I was contacted by Sonya in HR via email to set up a phone screen. On the phone screen Sonya was professional and very easy to speak with. She offered suggestions and helped guild me through what was to be expected at the in-person interview. Within a week I was contacted again via email to schedule the interview. At the interview I met with Jenny and Daniel from the QA dept. and they were great as well. They made me feel comfortable and asked very good questions regarding QA. In addition, they showed me the product samples I would be inspecting. Overall a really good experience. Follow-up about 5 days later was an email from Sonya letting me know they picked another person with more experience. Although disappointed, I understood. I did not get the job offer (congrats to the person who did) but I still must say it was a very positive experience. GenMark seems to have a great team!

Mfg Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (Carlsbad, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

phone screen, meet with supervisor, answer all of the basic questions, background check, drug test.I liked my supervisor right away during the interview. She is very nice and a true people person . I could tell she had alot of experience in interviewing people. she made me feel very comfortable and excited about getting a job there.

Interview Questions

• all the basic questions they ask in interviews,my mfg exp, gmp questions, If I worked in a cleanroom before, was i willing to work weekends, overtime if required.   Answer Question

Director - Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (Carlsbad, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was initially introduced to the SVP - HR through an Employee Referral in regards to a potential need for a Head of Talent Acquisition. Had an initial informal meeting over coffee with the Head of HR. She was very knowledgeable, easy to talk to and passionate about the organization.

Over the next month or so, we kept in touch and I was invited on-site for a couple rounds of interviews with the Leadership team. Everyone I met with was smart, professional and excited about the future of the organization and it's upcoming product launch. I was also given the opportunity to meet with the CEO and found his energy to be infectious.

The technology GenMark is developing is cutting edge and they have hired a great team that will undoubtedly lead them to success. Overall, a great candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Is there a place for empathy in the recruiting process?   1 Answer

Had an equally competitive offer.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very easy. People were nice and considerate. They understood the need of the role and responsibility. It took only 2-3 hours total. Discussed benefits. The arranged in very well manner so that time can be saved. Every one seems very nice and asking very specific questions.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

The company moved very quickly initially but was totally unresponsive/silent following the on-site interview. The current job market favors employers yet their handling of the process was thoroughly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer pulled out a sheet of paper towards the end of the interview with a list of technical terms and wanted to hear "definitions" to those terms.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by them through an on-site recruiter. They took care of my flight, car rental and hotel, which was very nice. The interview process was very well organized and i got to meet with various groups. I was there during some of remodeling, but what I saw looked very welcoming and professional. They offered me a great salary and complete across-country moving expenses, but ultimately I decided I was not ready to make the move.

Interview Questions

• They had me redline a test plan and then go over why I made the corrections I had.   Answer Question

I wasn't sold on living in or around Carlsbad, CA. The commute from San Diego, where I'd want to live, seemed like a nightmare.

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GenMark Diagnostics (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Novasyte in Newport Beach for a Monster.com resume posting. They coached me and aided in my research about GenMark before submitting my resume. I also conducted a pre-screening interview with Novasyte prior. I then had a phone interview that consisted of skills and personality questions as well as background questions to determine my level of understanding of the position, as this position aids in technical customer service with or without travel requirement.
    The prep made for an easy and confident interview. However I was told that although I was not a direct fit for this position she felt I may fit better for a QC position and would apply my resume to that department, I would then hear back from in two weeks. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position?   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you had to communicate with an angry customer?   Answer Question