General Dynamics Land Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2018

2.4

Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

the process of being hired went well and the people was kind and loving. Tallahassee is always been a wonderful city to work in as for a work. I like working at general dynamics and i like the people and staff.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Lima, OH) in April 2009.

Interview

I got the phone call and took a trip up there from florida and was interviewed and drug tested. 1hour later i had the weld test and got the job

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing youve had to do on the job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very brief process. They only asked me 5 or so questions before asking me if I had any questions. It was a phone interview with 3 veteran program managers I may be working with at some point. The whole thing lasted about 30 minutes and went great. Got a call with an offer a week later for a program management intern position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your recent projects?
      What do you plan to do in the next few years?
      Tell us about yourself.
      Explain some of your responsibilities at your previous job/internship?
      Do you know anything about cars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a firm offer.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

Phone interview for Contract to perm position.

Interview Questions

• I'm looking for a field guy, is this you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their initial offer was good enough to return to the states ..

Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After several phone screen interviews with him, I was asked to meet him via a web-cam teleconference. After passing all this, I was invited to interview with the customer. In the end, they decided not to hire anyone at all. The process was a large waste of time.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Simple. Learn about the organization and how you may add value. Review the mission and vision statement. Know about FARs. Find something in common with you and hiring manager. All cool except one, Craig.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about GD?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate it all about procurement. You don't get what you don't ask for.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Lima, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Initially it was with Human Resources and (2) members of the selection team. I was called back two weeks later and interviewed by HR and (2) other members of the team. After the interview, I was provided a tour of the facility and introduced to a variety of employees and management .

I was offered a job before leaving.

Interview Questions

• They asked a specific question from a bullet on my resume   Answer Question
    • They asked if i knew how to do a software program; Oracle   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

I was brought on as a contractor during a hiring boom for a new contract. The interview consisted of a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager, and was very easy. They were basically hiring anyone off the street who said they could code.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in August 2016.

Interview

after my initial application, I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed over the phone. the process did not take long, it did not take that long for the interview. It was through a third party.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

Brief 15 minute phone interview, simple mechanical questions. Wait was approximately a month. Received phone call, followed by an acceptance letter. Signed letter and returned letter and then I reported for duty two weeks later. This was directly through GDLS and not a contract house. It took me personally two years of applying over and over again.

Interview Questions

• At what voltage should a 24 volt system charge?   1 Answer