General Dynamics Land Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2018

2.4

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

Simple and broad interview. They asked questions about attitude rather than expertise. The bulk of the interview only took about 20 to 30 minutes with the rest of the hour becoming chit chat and general discussion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

Brief 15 minute phone interview, simple mechanical questions. Wait was approximately a month. Received phone call, followed by an acceptance letter. Signed letter and returned letter and then I reported for duty two weeks later. This was directly through GDLS and not a contract house. It took me personally two years of applying over and over again.

Interview Questions

• At what voltage should a 24 volt system charge?   1 Answer

Human Resources - Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

It took forever to get through the check in process in the front lobby so arrive early. I interviewed with three people and the atmosphere was very relaxed. They didn't seem to have a set of prepared questions and asked the usual "what is your greatest weakness" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years." They asked about my background, how I build a team and asked for an example of a difficult project and how I managed it.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

NET Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lewis, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Fort Lewis, WA).

Interview

The interview process was a very relaxed process. I conducted a phone interview and was asked a series of questions, usually in the yes, no format. I was given a tentative offer over the phone, which HR sent to me for formal signature.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to any location in order to conduct the required training.   1 Answer

NET Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was simple, didn’t get asked a lot because my resume spoke for itself. They harped about ethics and after I started working there, realized they have none. Took a drug test and had to get certified to teach but if the supervisor or the black hats don’t like you, they will decertify you

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing I had to overcome at my last job   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in October 2016.

Interview

Easy really nice people great process love love love love love excited for this new opportunity to learn from the best company. In United States the new job is

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Interview

The Interview Process was very professional and efficient. I had a phone interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager, who I knew from previously working with him before.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems in August 2016.

Interview

after my initial application, I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed over the phone. the process did not take long, it did not take that long for the interview. It was through a third party.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Contacted by HR
    Scheduled a face to face interview with the hiring manager.
    After the interview, I received a tour of the facility from the manager.
    I was contacted by HR about a week later with an offer.
    Established a start date with HR
    When I came in for my first day, the hiring manager did not know that I had accepted an offer nor was he expecting me.
    For the first week, I had no desk, computer, and he gave me an M1 operators manual to read.

Interview Questions

• It was a very simple/basic interview and the fact that I had prior defense experience, it was almost an instant done deal.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Land Systems (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Submitted resume online and received a call from HR 20 or so days later. HR rep just wanted to set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager asked about details of certain things on the resume. The entire phone interview took around 20 minutes and I was told I would be known a decision within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What direction do you want to head once you have your degree?   Answer Question