General Dynamics Mission Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vandenberg AFB, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Vandenberg AFB, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy compared to others. Interviewed via phone by the program manager who I would be reporting to while employed. Discussed various things from previous experiences, my comfort level in giving presentation and my ability to interact with military members and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience and how it would relate to the job roles.   Answer Question

Firefighter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I interviewed at GD in early 2017. Total time was 2 months. 6 weeks for phone screen and another 2-1/2 for onsite.

HR emailed me to be there an hour before the time he told everyone else so I ended up sitting in the lobby for as long as I was interviewed. It wasn't a total waste as I witnessed an argument between somebody that worked there and a vendor rep. I was speechless and wanted to leave.

Interview was mixed and disjointed. Some really good behavioral and technical Q&A from some individuals on the 4 person panel. Alone they are were intelligent, friendly and professional. Put together the under current of combativeness, blame shifting, office politics and one-upmanship was obvious.

With all the contradictions I was confused and couldn't tell exactly who I'd be reporting to or what I'd be doing other than fire fighting between groups. Given what I saw the whole facility is probably like this and in dire need of some leadership and a reorg.

Sadly, after later talking to others that interviewed or previously worked there, my experience is very common. Also found out they filled the position with an internal transfer and had to go through the motions with fake interviews. That's certainly what the whole long, awkward and unprofessional process felt like.

Advice: Figure out who you are and where you're going before wasting people's time. For an organization that prides itself on perfectionism I saw everything but.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here an hour early?   1 Answer

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Met an engineering manager at a career fair who thought my skills would benefit another department. He sent my resume out and I received a call several weeks later. Later set up a conference call with 5-6 senior engineers, then visited for an on-site. Verbal offer was given before I left the facility.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems.

Interview

There was a college recruiting event for about 8 hours. It was a fun event where we got to mingle with current employees and sit for two interviews. After the interviews we got a tour of the facility which was very interesting.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Taunton, MA).

Interview

Showed me around the facility, asked simple networking questions. Introduced me to people along the way. Be prepared to go into a room and sit down while waiting for people from various departments to ask questions. If someone from that department likes you then you will most likely work for them. Departments can range from RF, Systems, Test Engineer, etc. The people are very nice and do not ask crasy technical questions as they understand you are willing to learn as you go

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 2 interviews: behavior interview and technical interview.

The behavior interview is basically the same as other interviews in other companies.

The technical interview asked what projects had you done, and what skills you used.
    Do you familiar with X tech?
    What operation system you use?

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Herndon, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a nice moment of just talking through with the experience I've had in the past and what I know and what interests me. Each person asked what I knew about their field and how it interested me. e.g.. iOS app dev, Android app dev, Web dev, Linux,

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I met them at a job fair at my college campus. After talking to a representative, I was given a time to interview the following day (reserved room on campus). Panel included two managers, with a new manager-converted engineer.

College interview, so they requested a transcript of my coursework. They had one copy of my resume, but I was able to give additional copies the day of, so each panel member could have a copy.

Only one interview, no phone screening. Offer was extended a few weeks later. I found myself asking more questions after the offer was extended, as it seemed to happen faster than I anticipated.

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to a phone screen in December 2016, then was asked to a skype interview in January 2017. Very accommodating in terms of scheduling. The interviews were laid back and the interviewer seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me and my qualifications/experience.

Interview Questions

• Similar to STAR method. Go over resume and more in depth on team projects/leadership in student projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Mission Systems in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process, applied online and called in for an interview relatively quickly. Two people interviewed, very easy to talk to people. Standard questions, make sure you know about the company prior to interviewing.