General Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Re Interview Questions

2.4

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Re in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the school system and got the phone interview about two weeks after I applied. It was basically an HR phone screening call, went through the Resume, asked about some general behavioral questions. For example, talk about the specific experience on resume, why do you want to work in Gen Re, why do you choose your undergraduate school, etc.

Senior Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Re.

Interview

Very good process that his highly structured and involved many folks at various levels. Often the days dragged on with overlap of interview questions but overall a pleasant experience. Very good structure to the HR function and process for hiring and providing insight into benefits. Process provided a good understanding of culture and people.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Re (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Received a call for a phone interview first which was not very difficult, they just asked questions about your resume. It would probably help to include information that you know about the company. After the phone interview came the final round in-person interview at the Stamford office. The questions were all behavioral and they clearly just wanted to get to know you as a person. They were all very kind and overall I would say it went well.

Interview Questions

• None - mainly a conversation. Just be as outgoing and friendly as possible.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview, then interviewed at the office. Received an offer a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• No real surprises, fairly basic questions. Experience based and they wanted to get an idea of what kind of person you are   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Re (Stamford, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

Several round of interviews with several different levels of management. They are more interested in a personality fit than if you are smart enough to handle the day-to-day responsibilities. In all likelihood, if you have landed an interview, you are capable to do the job.

Senior Applications Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Re (Trumbull, CT) in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with boss, bosses boss and team I would lead. Asked lots of reinsurance and it mgmt questions. Asked many detail questions about specific technical skills on my resume.

Was asked to explain everything I understand about reinsurance. Was given an overview of very complex project and what I would do first day, first week and first month.

Negotiation

They offered me 100, I asked for 110 plus signing bonus, I got what I wanted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Re (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very informative and enjoyable. The general feel of the company seems good and the interviewers were personable and communicable. Questions such as background experience and knowledge of the reinsurance industry were asked, as well as any knowledge I had of the company. Overall the interview went well.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Re (Stamford, CT) in February 2010.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. HR first called me and asked em a few questions. After this I was called in for an interveiw at the headquarters. I met with three employees and they all just talked about my resume. I was offered the position the next business day.

BD Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Re.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, on campus,phone interview, and assessment day. I went through first two rounds, as they are very basic and all behavior (for non-actuarial major).

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Re in August 2010.

Interview

First HR interview, then Line Manager interview, then CFO interview and then meet the key primary business units heads. Very informal, no searching quesitons.