Genesis Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genesis Networks Interview Questions

1.7

Technical Support Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesis Networks (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

A quirky hot mess that makes you feel like you stepped out of the twilight zone. They where pretty unprofessional and HR seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. Easily frustrated and overly demanding.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience did I have.   1 Answer

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesis Networks (Abilene, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was a two part process. The first was a sql questionnaire by someone I never eventually met. The second was a phone interview by the client relationship manager. This was a phone interview from out of state. This was a down-to-earth get-to-know you type interview. My impression was that it was not to qualify knowledge.

MIS Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genesis Networks (Abilene, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Received a skills self-assessment by email. Filled it out, sent it back and waited. About a month later I got a call asking for an interview time over the phone. On the day of the interview, GNS walked through my skills assessment and basically read it back to me, asking if what they read was correct. I was asked if I'd be interested in a position that involved specific technology, language and platform experience, and to say how confident I was that my skills would be a match.

Upon being hired, I found I had been given a completely different position requiring different skills than what was asked for (no problem as I had these other skills, too). Later I discovered that the interviewer had no experience in the area I was being interviewed for, other than generic operations management of computer systems at a local college. MIS and application development were not in the interviewer's experience. Therefore, what the client asked for is not what the interviewer understood to be the case, and my interview was based on misconceptions of the job to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you're more a mainframe support person or a web developer?   1 Answer
    • No other difficult questions. Just reading back my self-assessment of skills and asking me if I still agreed with what I had written earlier.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None whatsoever. It was very much Take it or Leave it, and Give Me Your Answer Today.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

standard interview questions