Geneva Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was emailed after applying and scheduled a phone interview. I talked with the person on the phone for about 40 minutes where we went over my resume and experience. Afterward, I was asked some basic questions about design patters, and removing repeated entries in a list. So far so good, I felt comfortable talking on the phone with my contact and we ended the phone call after being told I would be sent a coding test which is normal.

That night I did the test and submitted. I did not hear back after the test submission. I had to ask the recruiter for updates on the role to know whether or not I was still being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, give the height of the tree.   Answer Question
    • Given a list, in what complexity can you remove repeated entries? Not clarified whether sorted or not.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Geneva Trading in December 2016.

Interview

The first round was an online test in c#...Well after which i received no input as to whether i was accepted or rejected After following up for quite sometime, I was called in for the next round.And for some reason they told me they had some technical difficulties and said they would schedule it some other time.Despite following up ,I received no reply at all.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First round with code test. One question about SQL and two questions about Python/C++/C/Jave. Second round with HR phone call interview about general things in resume. Third round with chief quant and trader.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple questions. Most of it is personality and what you're intersts are. Make sure to be energetic and prove you have great communication skills. Need to show you are interested. Also ask to draw out a few things like a network and write out a few lines of code (Python).

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

First round is with HR. She asked about general experience on my resume. Second round is with risk director, he asked some technical questions, some behaviour questions, and risk model developing experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to price American options? Which do you prefer: work in teams or work individually? Have you ever developed a risk model all by yourself?   Answer Question

Apprentice Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted email to HR and was told they might be hiring in a few months. Later was in Chicago and asked if I could drop by, had a general screen interview. Shortly after was told they would be adding to some teams and asked me to come back up to Chicago (my expense). Interview was just talking to 2 traders for a couple hours. Shortly after got an offer.

Interview Questions

Ridiculous offer. Low salary, questionable terms, and I felt like they weren't willing to make much of a commitment on my behalf.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

good process, 2 interviews with the head of trading in london and then dublin. great guys to chat to who provided overall advice and insight into the market. the one problem was that they do not provide any feedback on how you performed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to become a trader, what books have you read and what have you learned.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were casually dressed and the first of the interviews was a one to one.Questions on what trading books I had read and why I wanted to be a trader etc Also what I had learned from the books I had read and what was going on in the market..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a trader?
      What is the most important qualities requires in a trader?
      Answer Question

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

Walked in and was roasted straight away, they didn't ask much about me. They weren't concerned with my CV either. Apparently they give you a brief training and then let you loose.

Trainee Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

just one round. Mainly based on my CV, but extra interest in the matlab and programming abilities. If you are familiar with the trading operation it would be better. And they also have some focus on your interest for the job and firm. you need to prepare for what the firm is doing and what the job is about and why you are interesting for this.