Genomic Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Sample Accessioning Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews that lasted about 30 minutes
    Interviewed with leads and a supervisor (total of 6 people)
    Asked technical questions, how you deal with people/deadlines/working in a team, who you are as a person, where you see yourself
    Then, at the very end, had to hand write a short-answer

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with process changes? Also, questions about the role   Answer Question

Histotechnologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone interview a week later. We had a great conversation about the company, the role, and my fit into it. At the end of that conversation I was told the hiring manager would reach out to me, A week after that I talked to someone who seemed to have absolutely no interest in talking to me and had no idea what position I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• What skills would you use in this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Director of Commercial Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. Strated with a phone screen by the corporate recruiter. Next 2 live in person panel interview sessions. Some were phone call others were in person. There were too many people involved in the process. They focused to much on have limited resources available. I was not convinced that training was important to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Genomic Health ?   1 Answer

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Typical interview; 2 phone calls - HR & HM. Then office visit to meet with four people (1 on 1s) or so and then another office visit with two more one on ones followed by lunch and interview with the team of people. Then silence for over a month!! Meanwhile, another HR person contacts me to solicit that I apply for the same position based on my LI profile!! Finally, a generic response that they found someone else!!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview

The overall process was fair and objective, but they gave me little notice for my second round, so I had to try to get off work at my previous job with very little notice. The process began with a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that I had experienced at work that did not work out as planned, and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very good. 2 rounds with 4 people in each. Meet manager, CPO and peers to get a rounded understanding of the team and role. Each interviewer had different questions which was good as I didn't have to repeat the same responses every time. Very focused on how I would problem solve and drive change. One particularly nice aspect was reception were expecting me and welcomed me by name when I arrived.

Interview Questions

• When have I innovated a solution using technology   1 Answer

IT Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview

I was in 3-vs-1 Interview. This was actually the first interview that I have ever had in my life, in term of working for professional environment. After being accepted, it took around 1-2 weeks for on-boarding process (background check, bla bla bla)

Interview Questions

• Draw on the board components of the computer and how it's connected to gether   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The entire process went very quickly. I applied on day 1, got a phone interview with a recruiter on day 3, got an in-person interview scheduled on day 4, had the in-person interview on day 7, and on day 8 I received an email saying "Thanks, but we're going to look elsewhere."

The actual in-person interview took 5 hours. It included 3 video interviews and five in-person interviews, and about 15 minutes of downtime interspersed in there. It was very exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Can you show us one way you innovated in your last job?   1 Answer

Operation Manager Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genomic Health in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took around 45 minutes with very in-depth questions about my project at school. Not many questions about my past experience. I think that is the way the interviewer figured out whether I did contribute anything for the project and whether I really led the team as I mentioned. They had not come back to me after that although I pinged them sometimes. Thus I think that is the way they say "No".

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genomic Health.

Interview

At least 2 rounds of interviews with 4 or 5 different interviewers depending on what job level you are coming in at. You are interviewed by pathologist, directors, peers, biostatisticians, anyone in the company may interview you.

Interview Questions

• The programming questions were the most challenging of the interview process.   Answer Question