Genomic Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Genomic Health President & CEO Kim Popovits
Kim Popovits

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture, decent pay and benefits, good work/life balance, stable revenues (in 10 reviews)

• Genomic Health has a great culture that values making decisions that will help patients (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Disconnect between "upper management" and CS management - CS management seems to rarely get what they ask for (in 5 reviews)

• Sales (lack of leadership, no cohesion) (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture with One Common Goal"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities at Genomic Health are endless, as long as you have the right support from the right people. The leaders here invest a lot of time into their employees and help foster growth and development. The environment is not that of a typical corporate business, which is what attracted me the most. The culture is definitely the company's trademark, and is what keeps people around. I truly believe that everyone who works at Genomic Health cares about what they do, the people they work alongside with, and the patients they help.

Cons

Constant changes that aren't communicated efficiently and in a timely manner; not allowing for enough preparation or support.

2. "Great Culture!"

Pros

I love the environment and the culture GHI brings. Everyone is very friendly and we all have a common goal to accomplish.

Cons

Commute could be very time consuming

3. "Great culture"

I worked at Genomic Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genomic Health has a great culture that values making decisions that will help patients. The people are dedicated, hard working and fun to be around.

Cons

Very few internal promotions. They like to bring in people from the outside for management positions. Have a habit of taking their employees for granted and not recognizing accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Focus on making OncoType relevant in the future of liquid biopsy.

"Horrible leaders and bad decisions. Watch Out!"

I worked at Genomic Health full-time

Pros

Mission and product helping cancer patients
    Engaging company events
    Recognition program is rewarding

Cons

Leaders across functions are not experts but get involved and delays decisions
    There isn’t ownership and accountability as it was before
    Leaders micromanage and jump to conclusions without hearing all perspectives
    Favoritism for promotions and discrimination towards employees. Management and HR doesn’t take action. The compliant was ignored so you don’t feel supported or heard.
    Negative culture depending on which teams you work for
    Slow innovation and scientific technology

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your managers and how to handle employee issues
    Be fair with your recruiting and hiring decisions. Give equal chances to all people
    Invest in employees and improve the culture

"More Team work needed"

Former Employee - Regional Urogenomic Liaision in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Regional Urogenomic Liaision in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Genomic Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a lot of Great Data, some is overkill but I would rather have more than not enough. I sold the test based on it's uniqueness and very few clinicians wanted clinical data, they just want to know what the test does.

Cons

Sales materials are outdated and too many, they need to show the offices how the test is used to make decisions and what it means to patient care.

Advice to Management

Get better marketing pieces and listen to reps more about what works and resonates with the offices instead of beating them up with clinical data, 80% of it is never used in the offices. Overall the offices loved the test but need to know more about how to utilize with patient care. Why does the test matter to the office and to the patient. I was there 3+ years and always felt I was on a learning curve, the confidence level of the salesforce is low and most feel the company doesn't listen or are open to feedback on improvement. Instead of chasing people away and taking another 3+ years to properly train someone work as a partner with your salesforce instead of atmosphere of discarding and starting over again. Value your people instead of treating like they are indispensible.

"Human Resources"

Current Employee - Senior Benefits Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Benefits Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are connected and invigorated by mission that is changing lives of many cancer patients and their families. Impressive CEO.

Cons

Not large enough yet to have best in class systems throughout company.

7. "okay"

Pros

benefits, paid time off, 401k retirement, stock options

Cons

promotion (hard to move up)
    repetitive

"Corporate Function"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at this place for close to 7 years and it is one of the best places to work for. The culture here has a community feel where everyone is friendly and respectful. Growth and development are encouraged and opportunities are given if you want to stretch your self. Also commute wise this is not too bad both from the peninsula or East Bay.

Cons

It would be beneficial to add benefits like education reimbursement, reimbursement of medical benefits if you don't sign up for them.

Aug 29, 2017 – Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to do a review.

"Not the same company it once was"

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and most benefits are competitive to industry standards, ability to work on exciting projects, breast test clear market leader

Cons

Any semblance of company structure, processes, procedures has gone out the window. Senior leadership is either too involved (not delegating) or completely absent. Questionable pipeline. Lots of good people left or are leaving after last bonus pay out.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from the culture surveys. Trust good employees to do their jobs, and support them.

Sep 5, 2017 – Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to help you here at GHI. We also take the culture surveys very seriously... More

"Working at GHI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, impactful products, and lots of perks and benefits like ESPP!

Cons

Commute to Redwood City and Traffic .

Jun 13, 2017 – Sr. Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. We do provide some nice incentives to make it easier to commute including a free shuttle that runs to and from Caltrain throughout the day.