George Mason University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

First you have to have a professor recommendation for the position. Then you have to apply, including a writing sample of yours. For the interview, you're asked a few questions based on your resume, while the rest of the interview is an example tutoring sessions. Be prepared to talk about issues in an example paper, and how you might help the writer fix them.

Assistant Webmaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

one onsite interview

Interview Questions

• simple interview asked about my strength weakness and checked if I can learn new technologies   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Interview

There are always two steps: The phone interview and the in-person interview. The most difficult part is that usually the in-person interview requires a presentation, even for some entry-level positions.

Each department varies in the amount of time it takes to go through the process, but there isn't a ton of red-tape, so it can go very quickly.

Interview Questions

• GMU lives by it's stated values, so stick to those. Also, you're going to want to practice for the presentation--I've seen too many top candidate bomb it and not get an offer.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at George Mason University.

Interview

Applied online and called the day the position was closed. Scheduled a phone interview, not clear what they wanted during the conversation. Have a lot of experience but it seems like they knew who they wanted and were just going through the process for a formality. VERY COMMON.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

All day, panel interview process. A 30 minute presentation was required as well as a role play. I interviewed individually with 2 people and 4 different panels.It was an extremely long day but fairly typical expectations in a higher ed setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to engage multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities. What were the issues and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University in June 2018.

Interview

Web interview screening was conducted first then in-person interview followed two weeks later. The in person interview was full day on campus was the search committee and two other panels.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions regarding systems, supervision, and leadership.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at George Mason University (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

the interview was very inefficient and boring, interviewers didn't ask professional questions, this job is more like a administrative assistant job than a lab manager job. as you can tell, lab manager needs to program and code but this job requires prepare paperwork and clean the lab.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very simple interview question with a panel of people. Basic questions were asked and nothing out the ordinary. I suggest making sure you know your resume well because they will go off that and your personality.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable and easy.You sit with about 3 interviewers and they describe the tasks you are expected to do if hired.They ask mostly about how you deal with other people and focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a conflict within a work environment.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Are you able to think of solutions to problem on our own if everyone in the office may be working on something?How would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online last February 2016 and got a call from the hiring manager for person interview last April 2016. I arrived at the university 10 mins before the interview time. There are 3 interviewers in the room, one is the hiring manager and 2 others from the department. There are 10 list of questions that you need to answer and explain briefly.