George Mason University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

George Mason University Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.4

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Mason University.

Interview

Three parts - phone, in person, and presentation.
    The phone part was a panel of people, so it was difficult to get an idea of who was speaking.
    The in person and presentation parts were also multiple people.

Interview Questions

• They made sure to ask if I was willing to accept the salary range in the in person interview, before the presentation, and long before the part where I'd expect to discuss salary.   1 Answer
    • Sorry - not something from them - but important:
      I told them I thought culture was important, and asked them if they thought teamwork was important.
      1 Answer

Administrative and Office Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Brief phone interview with chair of search committee. Was called a few days later for an in-person interview with the search committee. Interview atmosphere was calm and comfortable. Committee was formed of peers in similar positions across campus.

GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process is pretty straight forward, phone screen, face to face round, sometimes one round, other times may be two. The process is pretty straight forward, phone screen, face to face round, sometimes one round, other times may be two.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University.

Interview

Formal phone interview by committee followed by two week waiting period. Then was emailed to confirm that the salary would be enough before completing a all-day onsite visit with presentation.

After going through the entire process which took about a month, they called and said they were pulling the position to make changes to the requirements of the job.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at George Mason University.

Interview

Applied online and called the day the position was closed. Scheduled a phone interview, not clear what they wanted during the conversation. Have a lot of experience but it seems like they knew who they wanted and were just going through the process for a formality. VERY COMMON.

Assistant Professor, Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at George Mason University (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Required substance of historical foundations be admissible coinsident of former predossessors informal convince under lying covienent review confide less deviant compromise be negotiable amending surface protocol expressions vowed by honor consignment admissible acutely reproductive renovasive intact obligating invasive to subordinance dynamics elude damands reimburse the regiment foundation executive exsicuting eminence successful parliament of indignation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Having executive decisions already improvised

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I mailed professor asking for a Graduate teaching assistant position for her course and then she took a Skype interview for 20 mins and asked some questions about my Major and about the course for which i had applied. Interview was very easy and I think she liked my profile.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my Major, and regarding the course.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at George Mason University in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process required a phone screening first, which lasted about 30 minutes. Then there was an in-person interview. First, I met with career development staff and then I met with other university employees like admissions counselors and academic advisors. Overall, I met with about 10 people in a panel format for the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with multicultural populations?   Answer Question

Collection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online last February 2016 and got a call from the hiring manager for person interview last April 2016. I arrived at the university 10 mins before the interview time. There are 3 interviewers in the room, one is the hiring manager and 2 others from the department. There are 10 list of questions that you need to answer and explain briefly.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Mason University in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. Four admissions members were on the phone, asking me my background in admissions, why George Mason, my strengths and weaknesses, my favorite part of admissions/why admissions, and then some Q&A. pretty straightforward