Georgia State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgia State University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.5

Interview

It was a quick video interview via Cranium Cafe. The interview was about 20 minutes, as part of admission interview for graduate program. GRA position/offer was based on previous academic performance. GRAs require maintenenance of 3.5 GPA.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Interview

Skype Interview: The interview committee called me an hour early and asked quite a few situation based questions. Interview process moved quickly but seemed to lack adequate communication with potential employees.

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Make a presentation to PIs, talk to different PIs about your past projects, answer various questions, mostly related to the research field. Explain the direction of the future studies, the skills and benefit you can bring to the GSU community.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State University.

Interview

Interview was with a small panel of three people. One of the people was not a manager, so I'm not sure why they had anything to do with interviewing me. It went smoothly and I did very well!!

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Signed up for the job through PantherCareerNet and within 3 weeks I got an email about scheduling an interview. Interview was short and to the point about what the job required. I was given a tour of the area and was told to wait 2 weeks for a decision.

Classroom Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Buckhead, GA).

Interview

I walked into the business college on campus and asked if the job posting from the wall was still available and then he told me to email him my resume. We talked for about 2 weeks over email and eventually setup an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a situation where a student cannot sign on to the network and does not know what the problem is.   1 Answer

Interview

There are breakout rooms in the building where the managers were when I arrived. First, they discussed the role/position of the opportunity. Next, they went through a series of interview questions. The conversation flowed easily and was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a list of 10 tasks from your advisor that were impossible to finish by the deadline, how would you complete the tasks?   Answer Question

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call inviting to me to interview. There was a panel of 6 people in the interview. For the most part, I felt comfortable in the interview. After interview, I was asked to rank by number the campus location I was interested in working,

Enrollment Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview and the date was set for two weeks from the date i received the call. The day I went for the interview I was interviewed by the person I had spoken with on the phone as well as one more person. They asked about 7-8 questions, all basic questions, and afterwards I walked over to another building where I had to take a data entry test. The overall process of interview and test were very easy. I did my interview today so I am still waiting on a response.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I've been to 3 interviews for RA positions now, and common questions include: "What are your plans for the future?", "What is your previous research experience?", "What aspect of research do you find most appealing?", "What are you hoping to learn from this experience?", "What was your GPA?". Most of the questions will be pulled off of your resume and will be personalized. For example, "Tell me about your independent study Junior year." At the interview they are basically just trying to inform you in detail about what the position entails, while also trying to get a feel for your qualifications and interests. I haven't come across a question I couldn't answer, so don't stress. It's a lot easier then it seems. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What research area are you interested in?   1 Answer