Gleim Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gleim Publications Interview Questions

2.3

Interview

The interview process at Gleim was detailed and painstaking. Applicants will encounter a challenging, two-hour skills testing and assessment followed by an hour-long one-on-one interview with HR Manager, and a second interview with senior-level staff.

Interview Questions

• skills testing and assessment included publication design/format consistency check; proofreading; editing; typing; spelling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Applied online for the job though their website. A week later I was contacted through email to schedule a date for the quality assessment test. After completing their quality assessment, later that evening links for the backend and frontend programming test was administered. This is not a general programming test! It's mostly Php, Javascript and SQL then some object oriented principles. I didn't know these languages but you apply oop to figure some of them out. A week later I was then called in for an interview with hr, managers and owner. Mostly non technical questions are asked about your skillset and what you expect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base pay.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The job posting was on Craigslist. I emailed my resume and never heard back so a week later I emailed them and told them I was still interested. HR sent me a schedule link to come in and take their skills assessment. I made my appointment on a Monday went in took three test an quality control (find errors on the page), hardware (about USB, problem-solving), and a test on making txt files(reply email save as txt file and save to flash drive). They said they would review my test and let me know. Its been three weeks and after emailing them several times I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the speed of a USB 2.0?   1 Answer
    • Q: If a fan stops working in a power supply of a PC what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Q: USB 3.0 can transmit data up to?   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gleim Publications in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About a day later, I received an email asking to come in and take an assessment of my skills. There were three parts. The first was a five minute typing test you can take three times. The second was a web based assessment of finding errors on a quiz. The third was a general proofreading and basic spelling test. This took me around two hours to complete. I had a pleasant time doing these tests, to be honest. I was told that once they were finished grading my results, I would be called to be told of the next step. A month later, and it is safe to say that they probably will not me calling, which is unfortunate. I was truly interested in the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a skills assessment session and one on one interview with HR manager. The whole process was quick and easy and the questions were not too confusing. The managers were all very kind and made the whole process feel comfortable for an interview.

Application

Interview

Speak with HR on the phone. Schedule a few hours to take a quality control (detail oriented) test, general programming test, and optionally a Java test. Speak with HR. Speak with IT Manager, non-technical. They hire many students, so there's no room for negotiation. You start out with a 60 day trial period, after which time they decided to keep or dismiss you; I've heard only a few people have ever been terminated.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Three are three tests, quality test, programming test and java test(if you know java). The three tests are all basic questions, basic knowledge. Some are the detail questions kind like reading test, some are the definition questions,some are writing code. People there are very friendly and nice. Hope everything goes well.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Took the onsite assessment
    2. In HR's office, some management people and a senior developer asked me some questions mostly related to my resume
    3. The general manager asked me few questions about the resume and the skills I used

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gleim Publications in March 2013.

Interview

apply online first, hc contacted you to take tests. one quality control test, one programming test, one java test. after you passed the test. you have a second interview with hr and your manager. then you get the offer. the programming test is basic. the java test contains basic java defination

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Personal Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to schedule and sit for an assessment. The results of my assessment was a request for a second interview where I met the head of sales. The questions were centered around my customer service instincts and how I would hypothetically close sales. At the time it seemed like they wanted me to succeed and almost led me on questions. I was really inexperienced so needless to say, being courteous and willing to learn went a long way.

I began training for a sales position within a week.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever build a relationship with a customer over time in your retail experience?   1 Answer