Global Knowledge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.9

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website and was contacted same day by the hiring manager. He was eager to bring me in to meet with his team, so I interviewed two days later with him, one of his program managers, and a C-level executive. I returned the next business day to meet with a second panel of project/program managers. All feedback was very positive and indications were that I would receive an offer.

One week later, I was asked to interview with a new C-level executive. Again, the interview went very well and we seemed to share similar viewpoints on PM methodologies and approaches. Up to this point, I thought an offer was imminent. However, after that interview communication from the hiring manager went dark. I wasn't formally rejected until I reached out for feedback one week later. And, after having been brought in for 3 rounds of interviews, I was rejected with a 2-sentence email that did NOT include feedback as to why I would not receive an offer.

I started to sense a shift when the C-level executive said he didn't take the job for the money. The company is under new leadership and in a state of transformation. Every person I spoke with talked about how busy the company is and the major global projects that are upcoming. I saw these points as opportunities to contribute and communicated this as a positive. However, when I mentioned the importance I place on work/life balance the response I received was, "I was here until 7:30 last night."

Since I was not given feedback as to why their interest in me as a candidate shifted, I can only guess that it came down to my salary range (which I provided in my online application) or the value I place on work/life balance.

At no point in the process did I interact with an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a C-level stakeholder's demand that a certain technology be implemented when there are known risks?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with recruiter then onsite to meet with several managers in a few different rounds. I think I met a total of 6 managers at the in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiting company first. Once I had gotten their approval, I had another interview a couple days later at Global Knowledge. Before the interview I had to do a personality quiz and submit to a background check. Once I got to the final interview, I was interviewed by 3 or 4 different pairs of managers. They each ask you similar questions. Each interview lasts about 15 minutes, but I was there for about 2 hours total.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

3 on phone interviews and 1 in person. They are pretty detailed in learning exactly what your capable of. Be precise and make sure you ask questions back and know about the industry and the competition

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Training Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Had an initial interview with the recruiter and the two days later went into Global Knowledge for 3 rounds of interviews with sales managers..two managers in the first two rounds and 1 in the third. I did a few role plays about how I would handle a sales call and asked a lot of questions about how I would react to certain objections. Overall it was a pretty easy and straight forward interview and I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone telling you a competitor is selling the same thing for cheaper?   Answer Question
    • Sell me a vacation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Knowledge in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Everything looked promising, then radio silent. I reached out multiple times with no success. It would have been nice to at least hear back from someone regarding their decision.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to experience and process.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Knowledge.

Interview

I had a very good interview with the Hiring Manager and the role was a great fit. I connected with additional team members and leadership. The interviews went well and I was told I was great fit. After a couple of weeks I was told I would received notice but then was contacted again for someone to share the company benefits as I agreed to take a pay cut to grow with the company. There was a definite feeling I had when I came into the office. To be honest, I had not gone into an office that lacked diversity in a long time. Even a small company I had worked for had much more. Eventually 3 weeks later I was informed it was agreed they would not extend an offer to me. No one contacted references but I got the feeling I was just not a cultural fit with the organization. Great learning experience and hopefully this response will ignite the company to consider a bit more diversity in the workforce population.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Global Knowledge in May 2015.

Interview

4-5 phone interviews, personality test, in-person interviews. You start with in-house recruiter, then move along to talk with Managers/Directors (2+), then personality test, then in-person interview with Managers/Directors, VP of Sales and probably 1-2 others from other depts. You will have to do role plays where you sit down with them to judge your performance. It is all healthy and a good experience no matter the outcome. I do want to point out something for others to look out for that was both disappointing and unfortunate. Be on the lookout for inappropriate interview questions and racial remarks. In an effort to make sure you fit the Global Knowledge mold or box, they simply go too far into the (perhaps) illegal. I understand you have to make sure you have the right people to fit what you do and this is why they are a successful company. However, there is a line and they cross the line. Not only that, take a look around LinkedIn at executive leadership, VPs, Directors (etc) and ask yourself if you see diversity. Furthermore, the effort to fit the box (think ADP type sale, process), they don't leave room for personality or other routes towards success. That is not a knock on them at all (again, they are successful and want their kinds of people), but just a head's up to interviewees. Play the formulaic sales card and you will be better off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC).

Interview

The process took @ 1 month.

Had (4) interviews via phone; than a ridiculous on-line personality profile. The next step was to travel to Cary, NC for a series of interviews and sales role play -- 6 hour agenda.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Global Knowledge and how your background fits in.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Global Knowledge.

Interview

I had two interviews that seemed to go very well. During my last interview I was told I was a great fit and would be moving forward to the next step which would be a peer interview, however, I never received a phone call or an email to schedule the peer interview and it has been over three weeks. I followed up for an update and have not received a response from the recruiter or the hiring manager. Not even a response stating they have been busy or they decided to move on to another candidate - just no response at all. Very disappointing as it deemed like it would have been a good company to work for. Too bad the recruiter and hiring manager are unprofessional and lack business etiquette because it sets a bad example for the entire organization.