Global Knowledge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I was originally contacted by Insight Global, the recruiting firm used by Global Knowledge. I had a phone interview with them, then an in-person interview. This was followed by two phone interviews with Global Knowledge and then an in-person interview with three Regional Sales Managers. The in-person interview consisted of a presentation on my management style and followed with a Q&A session.

Quite frankly, the process was absurd. The three Regional Sales Managers didn't seem to have a firm grasp on sales management and one (to whom I would be reporting) wasn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. I think looks played a part in them getting the job.

Once the interview was done I followed up with the Recruiter from Insight Global and was told repeatedly I was moving on to the next step. I emailed weekly for about 5 weeks and was told each time "Oh, I was about to email you..." After 6 weeks I found out they hired the internal candidate. This makes some sense, I guess, as it's a safe move. Unfortunately, they moved the top performer on an under-performing (by 10-15%) sales team. There's no doubt they will continue to under-perform.

Please read the reviews of this company before applying. And if someone from Insight Global contacts you, run far, far away. They are useless as recruiters.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

You will be asked to come in and be interviewed by a number of sales managers. This will include face-to-face and phone role plays with various random sales scenarios. You are meant to demonstrate your ability to ask open-ended questions, gather information and ultimately ask for the sale. A group of 2 or more managers will come in and ask you questions at a time. Just remember, they were once all sitting right were you are!

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the worst team member on the best team or the best team member on the worst team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little room for negotiation. With prior sales experience, you go in at one set base salary, with no experience, it's about 5k less per year. You will be placed into one of these categories when you get an offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with recruiter then onsite to meet with several managers in a few different rounds. I think I met a total of 6 managers at the in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Training Advisor Interview

Interview

Completed recruiter interview and on to a series of interviews at GK. Honestly I didn't to much care for the musical chair interview style. They asked the same questions over and over again. I was so done by the end and I clearly saw what kind of company this was going to be. They say they will "coach you" but its really micro managing at its best. I have been in sales too long to take a job like this. I would really get annoyed being questioned about my work habits all day. If you don't mind being behind a computer 8 hours a day barely a break this is the job for you. If you want to learn sales over the phone this is the job for you. Also the company lacked in the diversity department which they brag so much about on their website.

Training Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was a cake walk. They will hire anyone because they know 95% of the people they hire will leave within 3 mos. They ask basic questions and coach you if you don't give them the answer they want to hear. They also compliment you no matter what. I was told I was "too nice for sales," but then they laughed and said that shouldn't be an issue. It was.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a hunter-type mentality?   1 Answer

Training Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Had an initial interview with the recruiter and the two days later went into Global Knowledge for 3 rounds of interviews with sales managers..two managers in the first two rounds and 1 in the third. I did a few role plays about how I would handle a sales call and asked a lot of questions about how I would react to certain objections. Overall it was a pretty easy and straight forward interview and I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone telling you a competitor is selling the same thing for cheaper?   Answer Question
    • Sell me a vacation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Training Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

There are multiple panel interviews in the process where you will be asked situational questions, as well as questions about your history, current perspectives, and what you are looking for in the future. There will generally be 2 to 3 rounds of panel interviews with 2 to 3 managers interviewing you at one time. You will also likely need to participate in a brief role play focused on selling.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience is a consultative selling environment.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me and within 2days I had an interview. From there, they give you an answer within 24 hours. The interview was difficult because they want you to do a fake prospecting call to each manager.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Extensive. I met with a bunch of different people both solo and in groups. There were 3 total sessions and then a 6 week trial period. It took about 2 weeks to get back to me so don't worry if you don't hear back really soon.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Knowledge (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiting company first. Once I had gotten their approval, I had another interview a couple days later at Global Knowledge. Before the interview I had to do a personality quiz and submit to a background check. Once I got to the final interview, I was interviewed by 3 or 4 different pairs of managers. They each ask you similar questions. Each interview lasts about 15 minutes, but I was there for about 2 hours total.