GoHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GoHealth

2.3

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth (Chicago, IL) in January 2021.

Interview

The guy that interviewed me was the worst interviewer I ever had in my professional life. I'm not the type to write reviews but this guy said some sort of racial slur at the end when he thought the laptop camera was off at the end of the interview. Truly disgusting experience. People of color should avoid this place. Professionals should run away fast. Rudeness and disrespect have consequences and I might have to see about a discrimination lawsuit or something. It was that bad. You've been warned.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

GoHealth Response

Jan 21, 2021 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you did not have a great interview experience. Diversity and Inclusion is very important to us and we would like to further understand your experience. If you are open to connecting with us, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition at pyob@gohealth.com

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth (Chicago, IL) in January 2021.

Interview

It was a 15 min phone interview. The interviewer asked basic questions from my resume (skills, projects, etc). They talked about the company and explained the next steps. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions. I had a good time. No response received.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

The low glassdoor rating is valid, these people should not be in healthcare. If all you care about is a job, it's a fine role, but if you want to make an impact or help your customers keep looking.

Interview Questions

• Are we considered a tech company?   1 Answer

Virtual Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth in December 2020.

Interview

Interviewer asked basic questions:
    What are 3 qualities that would make you be a good sales person.
    Describe a challenge and how you overcame it.
    What motivates you....
    Fairly easy questions- also explained time commitment for training and Medicare enrollment.

Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2020.

Interview

Month long interview process with this company since are expanding to the Phoenix market. I completed three phone interviews with recruiters and final phone interview with Director. Everything went great until I received no feedback after sending two follow up emails. Wouldn't recommend.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for GoHealth?
      Q: Tell me about your work experience
      Q: Tell me a time you had to work with a difficult hiring manager
      Q: Why are you looking to leave your current role?   Answer Question

Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth in December 2020.

Interview

My interviewer was about 10 minutes late to the phone interview. A major red flag for me was that he talked poorly of his current and former direct reports. He mentioned that a former employee on his team was "the worst" and "the girl who now reports to me is just okay." I can't believe an hiring manager would speak so unprofessionally when interviewing an external candidate! I definitely don't want to work somewhere that handles recruiting like this. It doesn't matter though because I was completely ghosted after the phone interview. As a recruiter, I know how easy it is to send a decline out of your ATS so there's really no excuse for that.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself
      What are your current responsibilities
      How many positions do you handle   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth (Orem, UT) in November 2020.

Interview

I have been in IT for almost 3 decades. I have interviewed with multiple companies and almost every recruiting strategy is the same. Generic questions with someone that makes you feel uncomfortable and appears disconnected. From the first interaction when Jennifer called I felt they were invested in filling this position and wanted to truly understand me and my background. They wanted to know if I would be a good fit, not just that I know what I am doing. Every one I interviewed with went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and that allowed me to truly show them who I am. The recruiting model is different, but it is better. They did not ask me, "Do you know this?". They asked me, "How would you approach this issue?" and, "Tell me something you did, outside of work, that would give me an idea of your passion for what you do."
    I have never had a perspective employer look at the larger picture in such a way that you walk away from each interview feeling like you laid it all out and there is nothing you missed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what "my name" outside of work that makes you happy and engaged in other aspects of your life?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Take home assignment to implement bigrams parser. Relatively simple - implemented in node and used Jest for testing. Have nothing else to add on this, not sure why this form requires a 30 word minimum - seems excessive.

Interview Questions

• Take home assessment to implement a bigrams parser output into a historgram.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoHealth (Chicago, IL) in October 2020.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and a video interview with the executive assistants. It seems like an incredible company that I am not a good fit for. The recruiter kept coaching me, not about the content of my answers, but for not sounding confident enough for her liking and how to not phrase answers. Great qualities in a friend, but not appropriate for an interview IMO. If I'm not qualified I'm not qualified, a job interview was not where I hoped to be lectured about that. Still she advanced me so I had a video interview with 3 women who would be my peers. Several times they stressed how "young" and "fun" the environment was. They referenced one executive and said he was mid 30s, but "don't worry", he seems younger. I'm around 40, I've never felt too old to work anywhere, but suddenly I understood ageism on a personal level. I was still curious to see if I'd advance because if I got along with the executive I'd be assisting, I wasn't going to be bullied out of a great job because of my age. However I was IMMEDIATELY rejected, before I even got my thank you emails out. I am absolutely not trying to imply I was rejected based on age, perhaps they deduced from the interview I was not a good fit for a variety of reasons. I did fill out a survey they sent about the interview and offered my honest feedback and it sounds like they will try to figure out what happened. Hopefully they'll do some sensitivity or ethics training to avoid the focus on age in interviews.

I'm also totally willing to admit I might have blown the interview. I had been really prepared but I was so thrown off by the immediate ageism I could have fumbled all of my answers, and my age could likely have not been a factor at all in my rejection.

I want to be clear, I am not accusing this company of anything. Part of me wonders if since we were over video they just assumed I was their age and they felt like they were talking to peers and someone else who would agree mid 30s is super old and needed to assure me that he seems younger. I don't want to sound bitter and claim I only didn't get the job because I'm 40, but even if you assume I blew the interview, answered all the questions terribly and they determined I was a horrible fit based on very valid reasons, the fact that age was mentioned so frequently was still a huge bummer to me.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview and hiring process went really fast. I didn't have to wait weeks to find out I was hired. The process was fairly easy and the recruiter did a great job onboarding me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the goals you would like to reach in your personal and professional life?   Answer Question

GoHealth Response

Oct 27, 2020 – Talent Acquisition

We're really happy that you enjoyed your recruiting experience and that our recruiters did a great job. We strive to provide the best experience possible and are excited that you have joined our team.