Goldfish Swim School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goldfish Swim School

1.8

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Centerville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Professional, but relaxed. They care about who you are a person not just as an employee. Tell you about lesson structure, training, and payment. As well as what Goldfish is as a company and what swim lessons mean to Goldfish.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School.

Interview

Saw posting on Indeed and applied within 24 hours I was contacted to come in for an interview. Met with the General Manager then the following week with one of the owners. Walked out knowing I wasn't getting the job.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Wexford, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via ziprecruiter. It was long and drawn out. The interview took place in early October. I met with them twice after. I received an offer in December.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working with kids?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School.

Interview

Interview went well. Was quick and painless. Offered a position on the spot but told them I had some other options I was considering. Asked basic questions like why I was interested in Goldfish and they explained the job in detail.

Interview Questions

Honestly, it seemed like a fun place to work and I wanted to accept but the chlorine level even at the front desk was so high!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called into the interview and 3 people were sitting there. The questions asked were very simple and dealt only with the job applied for. (No what is your greatest strength/weakness) The entire process lasted less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working with children   Answer Question
    • Front desk is a sales position, are you comfortable calling people who have expressed interest.   Answer Question

The hourly pay and amount of hours offered per week was very low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Reston, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a Craigslist post and was a student seeking part time job. They called me the next day for an in person interview. Situational and behavioral interview. Lasted 30 minuets. They still keep seeking the same positions online.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Columbia, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

the interview process was very professional, they asked a series of questions to try and get to know me and see how i would handle certain situations and why i wanted to work with them, the managers were very friendly and it was not intimidating at all, i felt very comfortable talking to them

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centereach, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Centereach, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Went into the interview and the owner asked me about my current job. I explained to him where I worked and what my position was and told him about a promotion they wanted to give me. He asked why I wanted to leave and I explained how I wanted to get out of retail. After a brief conversation about the company I worked for he explained to me that I wasn't qualified for the position. The part of this that makes it negative is that when he contacted me to come in for the interview he said he felt that I was a good fit for the position I was applying for. When I came in he said that he would recommend I take the promotion with my current job because they promote within the company and he would only start me at a part time position making minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School in July 2017.

Interview

Came in and I just had to tell them when I could work. So there was not an interview because I have lifeguarded before. They are all very nice and welcoming.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Okemos, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very professional and straight forward. The Management staff will sit you down and ask you a series of questions. Their goal is to get to know more about you and your personality. They will ask questions regarding your past experiences with working with children and if you have a background in swimming. They also are looking for individuals with flexible schedules who will be able to commit to shifts right away. Also be sure that you are able to work a weekend shift as it is required!