Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gordmans Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a couple days later for an interview. It was super laid back... Wasn't really asked questions about the job or previous experience. We talked about school and then I was offered the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Coon Rapids, MN).

Interview

I applied on indeed at night and received a call the next morning (Saturday) to set up an interview. The woman that called did not mention that this location was closing or that I should do an application online. And when I went to the interview on Monday, it lasted three minutes. I was told to do an online application and they would call me but they didn't know when because they were closing in a month.

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via phone, the second was in person at one of the locations the position was open for. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Asked questions about where I was in my career and where I wanted to go. Also touched on customer service aspects of the position. Afterwards, I was told I'd be contacted for a face to face which I was. This interview lasted approximately an hour. Rehashed a lot of the same questions from the phone interview, but dived deeper into the actual requirements of the job. It was a casual interview and I felt very relaxed and assured I'd be moving on to the next step. I was told I'd be contacted by corporate HR and the local district manager for the final step, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers?   1 Answer

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Grandville, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Showed up for a scheduled interview and both the store manager and store assistant manager had left early. I was told that no one was aware of an interview scheduled.

Another Department lead decided to interview me and offer me a part time position unloading the trucks. Then asked me to return at 9am the next day (Sunday) to see the store manager. Very unorganized and felt disrespected. Not sure if this is the type of organization I want to work for.

Was seriously unimpressed with the organization or rather the lack thereof.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter within a week. We set up an in person interview over the phone. The interview process involved someone from HR and the manager of the department. The questions were all situation based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a direct report who did not listen to your instructions?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Hiring manager just wants to get to know your personality and how involved you will be. My interview was very quick because they were busy. Just be yourself and you will do great.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very nice. So was the store manager. The district manager was another story. He was very defensive from the get go. Extremely hung up on the assessment that I took. At one point he even picked it up and waved it in the air in a very aggressive manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you show patience both in your personal and professional lives?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Very easygoing! The hiring manager asked me questions as he led me through the store and to the back. I didn't feel much pressure to answer a certain way. When we finally sat down in his office, he asked a couple of basic questions, like why I had chosen to apply at Gordmans and my experience with customer service.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Gordmans?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at an empty register line, incredibly informal. Met a manager there and she read basic interview questions off a sheet of paper. Quick and easy, the entire thing lasted maybe 10 mins tops.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain how you handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans (Southaven, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and unprofessional. She couldn't find my application so she had to print it out and ask me my info and write it down and she had to ask me all those personality questions that's on the online application! The interview was done 5ft away. She was sitting on one end of the office and I was sitting all the way on the other end. She was just reading interview questions off a piece of paper slowly like someone like a child who is just learning how to read instead of making eye contact while asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions.