Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gordmans Interview Questions

Interviews at Gordmans

1.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by phone interview with hr, followed by interview with District Manager. Also need to apply online and complete assessment.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for management, including knowledge of p&l, sales volume, number of employees managed, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy, got recruited, did a phone interview, did a interview with store manager, did a interview with district manager, did another phone interview, filled out 2 assessments, did a final interview, then got an offer. They did not negotiate at all it was either take it or leave it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at an empty register line, incredibly informal. Met a manager there and she read basic interview questions off a sheet of paper. Quick and easy, the entire thing lasted maybe 10 mins tops.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain how you handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very nice. So was the store manager. The district manager was another story. He was very defensive from the get go. Extremely hung up on the assessment that I took. At one point he even picked it up and waved it in the air in a very aggressive manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you show patience both in your personal and professional lives?   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Interview

They called, Got interviewed and hired in the interview

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans (Southaven, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and unprofessional. She couldn't find my application so she had to print it out and ask me my info and write it down and she had to ask me all those personality questions that's on the online application! The interview was done 5ft away. She was sitting on one end of the office and I was sitting all the way on the other end. She was just reading interview questions off a piece of paper slowly like someone like a child who is just learning how to read instead of making eye contact while asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenge you faced and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Had one on one interview with three individuals, all asking slightly different versions of the same questions. There were more interviewees than interviewers, so I had to sit at a table and patiently wait in between modules.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Woodbury, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview process. Went in, answered a couple, again basic, questions. However, something interesting to note is that when I went into the interview, it was for the job of being a cashier. While that might have been the case, the interviewer kept offering me a job as a warehouse worker. Take that in however way you want to.
    Another interesting thing to note about my interview with Gordmans was that they do not want college kids coming home and working for them only in the summer. I was told this was the main reason I did not get the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a couple days later for an interview. It was super laid back... Wasn't really asked questions about the job or previous experience. We talked about school and then I was offered the position.