Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

1.8

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via phone, the second was in person at one of the locations the position was open for. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Asked questions about where I was in my career and where I wanted to go. Also touched on customer service aspects of the position. Afterwards, I was told I'd be contacted for a face to face which I was. This interview lasted approximately an hour. Rehashed a lot of the same questions from the phone interview, but dived deeper into the actual requirements of the job. It was a casual interview and I felt very relaxed and assured I'd be moving on to the next step. I was told I'd be contacted by corporate HR and the local district manager for the final step, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers?   1 Answer

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Grandville, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Showed up for a scheduled interview and both the store manager and store assistant manager had left early. I was told that no one was aware of an interview scheduled.

Another Department lead decided to interview me and offer me a part time position unloading the trucks. Then asked me to return at 9am the next day (Sunday) to see the store manager. Very unorganized and felt disrespected. Not sure if this is the type of organization I want to work for.

Was seriously unimpressed with the organization or rather the lack thereof.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter within a week. We set up an in person interview over the phone. The interview process involved someone from HR and the manager of the department. The questions were all situation based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a direct report who did not listen to your instructions?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Hiring manager just wants to get to know your personality and how involved you will be. My interview was very quick because they were busy. Just be yourself and you will do great.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very nice. So was the store manager. The district manager was another story. He was very defensive from the get go. Extremely hung up on the assessment that I took. At one point he even picked it up and waved it in the air in a very aggressive manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you show patience both in your personal and professional lives?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Very easygoing! The hiring manager asked me questions as he led me through the store and to the back. I didn't feel much pressure to answer a certain way. When we finally sat down in his office, he asked a couple of basic questions, like why I had chosen to apply at Gordmans and my experience with customer service.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Gordmans?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at an empty register line, incredibly informal. Met a manager there and she read basic interview questions off a sheet of paper. Quick and easy, the entire thing lasted maybe 10 mins tops.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain how you handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a Department Lead on Friday, was called in for an interview the next Thursday. They told me when calling that they would offer 12.20 an hour, I have 10 years experience and am already making close to that (I didn't tell them that). I decided to give it a shot anyways. When I got there, I was told they had no leadership positions (keep in mind that's what I applied for and told I was interviewing for) and only had part time sales associate positions.

Interview Questions

Simply put, I felt mislead.

Human Resources Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

-First phase of the interview process was a phone screening with basic/traditional questions (went over wage, related experience (both work and education), scheduling, asked why do you want to work here?)
    -In person interview - more "get to know you" feeling, when I entered my interviewer was wearing a tshirt and jeans, very relaxed interview setting. Asked questions about experience, life, education, etc.

Interview Questions

• Experience and how it relates to this position?
      Why do you want to work for Gordmans?
      Name an experience when you overcame conflict?
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gordmans (Independence, MO).

Interview

Very down to earth talked about past retail experience. I had 10 years experience.
    Interview was fast and I was offered a job on the spot.
    Went over orientation information as well.
    It was a one on one interview for a seasonal sales associate. I was asked to stay permenatly after 90 days.

Interview Questions

• How did you help an upset guest with a problem at last job?   1 Answer