Grant Thornton International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Questions on risk management /risk regulations /operational risk management.
    Risk data management/data lineage etc.
    Other questions were on team management and handling projects across geographies.
    Questions were also asked on market risk.
    There were other questions on BASEL/CCAR etc

Continuous Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 5 months and the actual role was COMPLETELY different than advertised. I had 3 interviews with people out of state over the phone and 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very open to negotiation at all.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus. Invited for a first round interview on campus, and then invited for a dinner and a final round interview at the office. Questions were mostly behavioral. What would you do in an uncomfortable client situation. How do you handle stress. What are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had a conflict with a supervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Interview

Had a series of 4 interviews, each 30 minutes long. Technical questions regarding things like calendar management and travel booking were asked. The people were very nice and enthusiastic. The interview with HR is in the initial phase and they basically screen you and make sure that you are qualified and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What my passion and goals are. At the time, I had not done enough self reflection to answer this well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and that was a huge mistake on my end. I could have been in a much better situation in the end if I had.

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Alexandria, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called and spoke with me for roghly 30 minutes. His boss then followed up with a secondary screening to ensure I was capable and qualified. After the phone calls I had one day with 3 interview with management/high level coworkers then second In-person round with the head/partner responsible for the group

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, but were not in line with what the HR staff initially mentioned the position was for.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

one to one on-site interview

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International.

Interview

On-campus interview - Mainly Q's about why audit/accounting/GT? Overall conversational.

Office interview - 3, 30 minute interviews with varying levels. Q's about resume and just conversational. Very laid back. No behavioral questions.

Both interview days had a lunch/dinner the day before. Good opportunity to meet employees and ask questions about whatever.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected. Why GT? Why Audit? Why Accounting? How did your leadership role in so and so help?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online; they contacted me a couple of weeks ago. Scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went pretty well. Questions were very standard - 3 strentghs and examples, the riskiest decision made, etc. She was very open about how the partners are busy so it might take me a while to hear back from her. I waited a while, didnt hear from her. I called her, emailed her a couple of times, and not a word. Not cool! Not that I'm so excited to get another "we regret to inform you' email, but I thought it would be appropriate to at least get back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

First stage interviews are 1-on-1 provided on campus through the College of Business at the University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign. Second stage interviews consist of a half-day office visit and tour ending with a 1-on-1 interview with senior management. The full-time offer is sent out about 7-10 days after the second stage interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life in which you've had to overcome a significant challenge.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton International (Alexandria, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

pretty standard - behavioral questions and some technical questions, almost all having to do with my resume. told a few stories and kept it light. came from Deloitte so was able to easily draw contrasts between the two and why I wanted to work for GT.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a number and they met the number.