Greatbatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greatbatch Interview Questions

Interviews at Greatbatch

3.1

A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greatbatch in January 2014.

Interview

Sat on the review room, was asked series.of questions about what I.like, went on a plant tour, reviewed several items with different teams. Quick, hurried, I asked tons of questions, but constantly told that I did not" dig in". they use this term quite a blot
    @

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted and pre screened with HR which entailed explaining my current role and why I was looking at leaving my current employer. We also discussed my technical background and how I would be able to apply my skills in their environment. Upon completion I was instructed that I would be contacted if another meeting was necessary. After passing the first round I was then contacted by leadership and had an hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I be able to work with a global company and keep communication clear amongst all offices.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Clarence, NY).

Interview

After the initial application there was a waiting period of a few weeks before being contacted to set up a phone interview with the prospective supervisor. After the interview was completed, HR made the offer call within a few days, followed by an email offer. Once signed and returned with the approval for a background check, a drug test was scheduled and a start date was arranged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your coursework and projects you have worked on?   Answer Question
    • Was there any conflict on the team?   Answer Question
    • What class/project has been the most challenging? What has been the most interesting?   Answer Question
    • What is your goal from a Co-op/internship program?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarence, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Clarence, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was simple, had to meet with 5 different people, and had a small tour around the company. However, this company is HUGE on presentation. In fact, they were so bent about it that it was difficult to determine if they cared about what you knew as opposed to how you looked. You have to dress extremely sharp in order for them to at least consider you. On my interview, it was extremely hot outside, and I didn't have blazer to wear since I sweat too easily. However, that wasn't to their standards (which is what I heard from my recruiter). One of them kept looking at my outfit during the interview, it seemed odd that he kept laughing to himself (I found it incredibly rude - not sure if it was because of my wardrobe or because of my weight). I wore black pants, a tie, and traditional white buttoned shirt. Another thing to mention is that, although the building was beautiful, the atmosphere seemed icy and impersonal. The interviewees gave an icy glare when talking to them. I asked them questions like: "how much of your code is legacy" and each interviewee gave completely different answers not even in the same ballpark. Then they completely misunderstood my goals and directives at I wanted to do at the company, which gave me red alerts that there would be communication problems working there. Afterwards I just lost interest.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

0. Applied online took about three weeks to hear from anyone.
    1. Phone interview with HR recruiter. Very general.
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Details given.
    3. In person interview 1 on 1 with 3 engineers. General technical questions and personality fit.
    4. Next day, phone call to give a verbal offer, negotiation began the next day, ended 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness? Tell me about a time you dealt with conflict? Tell me about a time you worked with a cross functional team.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greatbatch.

Interview

I spoke with the person who was recruiting for GB while they were hiring the Talent Acquisition team. She was very knowledgable. I went onsite 2 times for interviews and found them very informative. There was great information given that allowed me to make my decision to join.

Interview Questions

Greatbatch Response

Apr 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your interview process welcome to Greatbatch! We're very glad to hear you decided to join the team!

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greatbatch (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called by a teenage recruiter who didn't know the difference between this role and a buttered roll. I then waited over a month for a follow up, just to be told they were passing on me even though I had already contacted the head of the department and scheduled a separate interview with him. He then sent me a questionnaire, which I answered brilliantly however he still chose to pass based on 2 insignificant answers that could easily be corrected, to which his response was "I trust the recruiter's" instincts. Interesting that a Senior Manager would trust the instincts of a recruiter who has been recruiting for 6 months and whose last job was scooping ice cream at Andersons

Interview Questions

• Describe a process improvement or QA function of your current job.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Buffalo, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

informative, pleasant, fair, overall a good experience. Talk alot about safety, multitasks, learning processes,being able to work ,with small part. attendance being very important. also benefits,and 41k. What kind of job, I would be doing. the work week mon -fri, weekends off. Two shut down a year, christmas and Fourth of july, most holidays off.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Clarence, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Very detailed interview process with various steps. Quick follow up at every stage.

Interview Questions

• Desire to move company in different direction from a business standpoint   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was required

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Clarence, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

4 step process that included follow-up between each step
    1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager
    3. Half-day interview on-site with 6 team members (including management)
    4. Half-day interview on-site with hiring manager and senior leadership

Recruiter was very responsive in between milestones, kept me in the loop on the progress that eventually led to an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe your communication style with different associates and levels within a large organization   Answer Question