Greatbatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greatbatch Interview Questions

3.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Brooklyn Park, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Out state technical recruiter called for initial 30 min phone interview. Very specific questions about previous employment and situational responses - standard stuff. Went in for face to face interview the next week. Met with HR first and not expecting anything beyond salary and benefits questions but did dive into experience and situational questions. Great prep actually before the Engineers arrived to begin grilling again. Second interview was rather quick so staff did take me on tour of facility which I appreciated. Only drawback was +3 weeks and no response on status of opening. If position is filled most companies would let you know but Greatbatch did not.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greatbatch (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called by a teenage recruiter who didn't know the difference between this role and a buttered roll. I then waited over a month for a follow up, just to be told they were passing on me even though I had already contacted the head of the department and scheduled a separate interview with him. He then sent me a questionnaire, which I answered brilliantly however he still chose to pass based on 2 insignificant answers that could easily be corrected, to which his response was "I trust the recruiter's" instincts. Interesting that a Senior Manager would trust the instincts of a recruiter who has been recruiting for 6 months and whose last job was scooping ice cream at Andersons

Interview Questions

• Describe a process improvement or QA function of your current job.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Amherst, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with GreatBatch was a phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager then finally an in person interview. The whole process from first call to offer was about three weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Clarence, NY).

Interview

After the initial application there was a waiting period of a few weeks before being contacted to set up a phone interview with the prospective supervisor. After the interview was completed, HR made the offer call within a few days, followed by an email offer. Once signed and returned with the approval for a background check, a drug test was scheduled and a start date was arranged.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your coursework and projects you have worked on?   Answer Question
    • Was there any conflict on the team?   Answer Question
    • What class/project has been the most challenging? What has been the most interesting?   Answer Question
    • What is your goal from a Co-op/internship program?   Answer Question

FT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greatbatch.

Interview

Good Organized Interview; Meaningful Questions; Warm and not intimidating Interviewers; Clarification of interviewees questions; Allows time to answer; Explained about the company and projects they undertake which is greatly appreciated.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Clarence, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

4 step process that included follow-up between each step
    1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager
    3. Half-day interview on-site with 6 team members (including management)
    4. Half-day interview on-site with hiring manager and senior leadership

Recruiter was very responsive in between milestones, kept me in the loop on the progress that eventually led to an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe your communication style with different associates and levels within a large organization   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greatbatch.

Interview

I spoke with the person who was recruiting for GB while they were hiring the Talent Acquisition team. She was very knowledgable. I went onsite 2 times for interviews and found them very informative. There was great information given that allowed me to make my decision to join.

Interview Questions

Greatbatch Response

Apr 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your interview process welcome to Greatbatch! We're very glad to hear you decided to join the team!

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very quick phone screening with only a couple questions. I Thought it was easy and that it went well, but they never reached back to me. The lady was very friendly and spent majority of the time explaining the position to me and asking if I am capable of performing multiple different job tasks.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you value most about a company? (With numerous options such as salary, benefits, environment, growth, etc).   1 Answer

Product Design and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Contacted by internal recruiter.
    2. Phone screen with recruiter.
    3. Phone Screen with hiring manager.
    4. Face to face interview. (Product Dev. Mgr, QA Mgr, HR)
    5. Offer Received

The hiring process progressed very quickly and smoothly. The recruiter was very responsive and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous Medical Device experience and my approach for solving problems.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Greatbatch (Buffalo, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted and pre screened with HR which entailed explaining my current role and why I was looking at leaving my current employer. We also discussed my technical background and how I would be able to apply my skills in their environment. Upon completion I was instructed that I would be contacted if another meeting was necessary. After passing the first round I was then contacted by leadership and had an hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I be able to work with a global company and keep communication clear amongst all offices.   Answer Question