Green Dot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

It started with a phone screening. The manager was calm and had a mix of technical approach and behavioral questions. After I was selected, there was a call for onsite interview (3 rounds).

The entire panel was changed on the interview day as engineers were busy due to some release process.

The entire process took a month and was quite fast paced.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you loop multiple rows of data through QTP
      2. Question on SQL Joins
      3. Questions on web services. What could be the request and response for a Web service to credit money to a partner
      4. Questions on Agile.
      5. Other behavioral questions.
      6. String Reversal program in any programming language.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot (Chino Hills, CA).

Interview

Communication with HR was a breeze. Interviewed with two Senior Managers which involved standard people-management questions. Come prepared and deliver unfaltering responses and you will do well. Be prepared for a bit of a wait between interview and offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would deescalate conflict between two direct reports and provide a contemporary example in which this is evidenced.   Answer Question

Operations & Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was straight forward but interviewer skunded distracted and im pretty sure they called while on lunch. Typical questions: Whats my opinion of their current practices what would i do differently, etc. Was invited for a second interview which was comprised of 4 or 5 separate interviews back to back. Whike everyone was nice enough, One lady never came in and none lf the other staff was aware for quite some time, 2 people were clearly of no consequence to the company and would have little say on whether I would be hired, 1 was the "hard hitter" and though friendly enough was a bit smug and almost confused why I would want to work for their industry?? Im putting my experience as negative for the things listed above but mostly because I followed up 2/3 weeks after via email and was told no decision had been made. I was assured I would hear back 1 way or another- that was 3 months ago after I dedicated 4 hours of my time to interview with them amd followed up with materials they requested.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently to represent us?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks in all. Had about 4 interviews with various senior management, last one being with CMO -

They were all informed and well organized. Recruiter was punctual and nice. Lots of coverage about what i'll be doing, and what the company's values are about -

Interview Questions

• Explain one big project you worked on that you are proud of?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Dot (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone inter view the next day. talked on the phone about my background and stuff on my resume. Pretty fast process. Also told me about other opportunities that might be with the company.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes with someone from HR. It was very professional, yet relaxed and low-key. After they explained the duties and expectations of the position, I was asked questions regarding my previous experience and my interest level. We also discussed the compensation desired and when a decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for a full-time position (after years of freelancing)?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was the slowest interview process I have ever had. I first applied online and then got a survey of questions asking about all of my experience. After waiting at least a week I got an email from the recruiter with even more questions. After another week they said they wanted someone with more direct experience. Not sure this could move any slower.

Interview Questions

• Answer a huge list of questions about your experience via email.   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot.

Interview

Interesting experience to say the least. Applied for this certain position online a couple of times. A couple of weeks after applying, was contacted via email by a recruiter. In the email was about 10-15 questions, all or most of which could've been answered simply by looking at my resume. After answering and responding back, was asked to schedule a phone interview with the same recruiter. We set up a time for a Monday in which he promptly missed with no email explaining why. I sent an email wondering what the issue was (in which responded he never saw my last confirmation email). We rescheduled for a later date that he did remember to call me, thankfully. The phone "interview" lasted about 5 minutes in which he simply went down my resume, with some back and forth discussion (some being the keyword). He asked no questions afterwords and didn't give an overview of the position. The lack of professionalism was disappointing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a phone call then called in for an on-site interview. Two of the interviewers were nice but the other two were poison. They asked me inappropriate questions, made disparaging remarks when I didn't know the answer to something they asked and seemed to take pleasure in belittling me. This was the worst experience I've ever had at a job interview and I've been through some tough ones. I had to take a few days just to shake off the negative vibes from these poisonous interviewers and seeing their glassdoor reviews, it's not surprising that this company has a culture of negativity and putting people down. I'm just really sad that I let these people get to me. They should have never invited me in since I didn't have the exact qualifications they were looking for. It almost felt like they invited me in for an interview so they could get an ego stroking by belittling me.

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Green Dot in October 2015.

Interview

First round was an online video recording interview where there were a set of questions, whose answers i had to record and send. They had a good software to record and that was very helpful. Questions were simple yet little hard because you got exactly 1 minute to answer each question and had to sum up within 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you control a disobedient class? (The next question was:) If your previous question's answers/strategies don't work, how would you handle it.   Answer Question