Green Dot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.8

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot (Tacoma, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step was a telephonic interview. This was not easy and questioned me on my teaching philosophies as well as my in class practices. Then next step was an interview was a teaching demonstration and further interviews. I was offered this opportunity but was unable to attend as I had started pursuing other avenues.

Interview Questions

• Questions about discipline in the classroom and dealing with challenging students.
      How do you judge if a lesson was effective or not?
      How do you judge if students learned anything from the lesson?

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes with someone from HR. It was very professional, yet relaxed and low-key. After they explained the duties and expectations of the position, I was asked questions regarding my previous experience and my interest level. We also discussed the compensation desired and when a decision would be made.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for a full-time position (after years of freelancing)?   1 Answer

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot.

Interview

Interesting experience to say the least. Applied for this certain position online a couple of times. A couple of weeks after applying, was contacted via email by a recruiter. In the email was about 10-15 questions, all or most of which could've been answered simply by looking at my resume. After answering and responding back, was asked to schedule a phone interview with the same recruiter. We set up a time for a Monday in which he promptly missed with no email explaining why. I sent an email wondering what the issue was (in which responded he never saw my last confirmation email). We rescheduled for a later date that he did remember to call me, thankfully. The phone "interview" lasted about 5 minutes in which he simply went down my resume, with some back and forth discussion (some being the keyword). He asked no questions afterwords and didn't give an overview of the position. The lack of professionalism was disappointing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a phone call then called in for an on-site interview. Two of the interviewers were nice but the other two were poison. They asked me inappropriate questions, made disparaging remarks when I didn't know the answer to something they asked and seemed to take pleasure in belittling me. This was the worst experience I've ever had at a job interview and I've been through some tough ones. I had to take a few days just to shake off the negative vibes from these poisonous interviewers and seeing their glassdoor reviews, it's not surprising that this company has a culture of negativity and putting people down. I'm just really sad that I let these people get to me. They should have never invited me in since I didn't have the exact qualifications they were looking for. It almost felt like they invited me in for an interview so they could get an ego stroking by belittling me.

File Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot in July 2015.

Interview

I had a fifteen to twenty minute phone interview. The interview was a series of standard interview questions. I was asked about past employment, job responsibilities, and aptitude. I was also specifically asked about my skill level regarding detail and filing. After the interview, I was asked to email my resume.

Interview Questions

• Please list your applicable job skills   1 Answer

IT Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Green Dot in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and initial phone discussion. Overall nice but interviewer was fairly quiet during the call which seemed odd. The interview was very comprehensive and technically went very well. I was astonished to find out that they are passing because the candidate didn't sound enthusiastic enough. No other reason given. If that is how they are evaluating candidates, I am happy to be looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Explain the risk assessment process and walk me through your greatest challenge.
      Elaborate on your PCI experience.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Green Dot (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through college website and HR contact me to have an on-site interview in the next three days. The interview took 3 hours. I talked to 5 different engineers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience when you did a new project but you know nothing about it before   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied through the career fair.I was called onsite to their Pasadena Office.I had 5 rounds ranging from resume questions to many detailed questions on database and sorting algorithms.I still havent heard any feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• What is a package in Database?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Dot.

Interview

applied online, recruiter contacted me, went in a week later, hired on the spot. Its mostly customer service questions. years of experience, multi tasking, fast paced environment. knowledge of computers, social media, internet, phones, public speaking.

Dirert Retail Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Green Dot (Pasadena, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very old school and not relevant to the position. CMO required an on line test of marketing knowledge but the results or outcome are never discussed with the candidate or eventual employee. Company has you interview with other employees who are not collegial nor do they want peers who may add and compliment existing talent. VPs are short sighted and looking to either be told how great they are regularly or are looking to hire people to do their work and spend their time playing off site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to overcome manager disagreement
      Tell me of a time when you set goals and how you achieved the goal