Green Plains Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Green Plains Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Green Plains

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Plains (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied for a position, then heard from the internal recruiter several days later asking about interviewing. I agreed, then had an in-person interview set up a week later.

The interview consisted of meeting with three people separately. They all asked a lot of the same questions. Very redundant. And a lot of it could have been covered over the phone or by simply reading my resume. This probably wasn't the best use of their time or mine. Smart people, but it seemed pretty clear early on that I didn't have the background they wanted.

At this point, I have no idea what the result of the interview was, because there's been no communication from the company. If I didn't get the job, fine. Just tell me. Another odd part of the process: they said this position was unposted and just opened...but one of the interviewers told me they were working through applicants and making a decision soon.

Overall, it was a pretty poor experience. The recruiter I spoke with wasn't in the office that day, which wasn't communicated to me beforehand. The receptionist was unfriendly. Unimpressive start. I didn't get a good feeling after meeting with anyone except one of the three interviewers. The rest were strange.

Good Question Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Green Plains.

Interview

Phone screen~ Let me start this by saying they use your oldest resume in the system not the most current to conduct your interview. If you applied for more than position make sure you clarify which position you are interviewing for because they don't.

On site interview~ I was 5 minutes early to my interview and was sent to the conference room (where someone was charging there iphone) to meet with two interviewers a EVP and Analyst. Waiting in the conference room having the HR rep come in and out of the room to explain the reasoning for the wait.15 mins later, EVP walks in from apparently impromptu highly important meeting to sit down, tell me a little bit about the company. I give my background and experiences( during which point the EVP, asks if that's my phone charging). Apparently my resume is to difficult for him to understand and then asks me what position I was applying for again.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Green Plains in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on Indeed - contacted with lengthy phone interview though the phone interview was mostly him telling me about the job. The company paid my expenses to travel there for an in-person interview a few weeks later and I spent an hour or more touring the plant, talking with the facility. Very few questions asked of me - mostly them telling about the plant.

Interview Questions

Plant in a very remote location.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Green Plains.

Interview

I had three interviews in one day. People in HR department showed the whole company to me. All people I talked to were professional and friendly. They were trying to find out whether you fit in this position. The best way to win them is showing the true side of you. It was an good experience.