Grid Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grid Dynamics

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grid Dynamics (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I have applied for the interview online. The next day HR manager contacted me over e-mail and in a several days I have got Skype interview with Grid Dynamics team. The next week I went through follow up interview with the customer’s representative and the offer flowed three days later.

Interview Questions

• I have been asked number of questions related with my previous experience, data structures in a context of Java Collections Framework, Java concurrency, algorithms, DB performance and optimization, troubleshooting techniques.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grid Dynamics (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Before get an interview with manager, you have to complete an online java test. You have 30 min to finish the test. And the test contains a lot of questions which were first, incorrectly composed (the questions themselves and the possible answers), second, with hypothetical/theoretical questions which usually developers don't face in a real development and even you don't need to know them. I didn't pass the test and didn't get a chance to talk with the manager or the technical interviewer. The recruitment process itself looked too me as unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Which of the following statements are not correct? (Select one)
      If an import statement is present, it must appear before any class or interface definitions.
      A Java file without any class or interface definitions can also be compiled.
      A Java program must have a package statement.
      A package statement if present must be the first statement of the program.
      An empty file is not a valid source file.   Answer Question
    • Which of these assignments is NOT valid? (Select one)
      float f = 1.0;
      int n4 = '1';
      double n3 = 1.0;
      short n1 = 1;   Answer Question

Grid Dynamics Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Marketing Director

That must have been frustrating, we are very sorry about that. We have since introduced a new interview and hiring process. Apologies we missed out with you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharkov (Armenia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grid Dynamics (Kharkov (Armenia)) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over the Skype. She said one of their employees recommended me. We had an appointment.
    I arrived to the office, had a quick talk (less then hour) with the recruiter and director of Kharkov office. Salary was discussed during this conversation.
    Then I got a laptop, was left alone in the office and got called by Skype.
    I was interviewed by colleagues from Saratov and Moscow, there were 3 or 4 people who were asking questions, listening answers and making short notes.
    2 days later I received offer adn accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Python decorators, a little bit of Linux. My attitude towards TDD, unit-tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be shy about your expectations.

Grid Dynamics Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your comment! How are things going since your interview?