Group Management Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Group Management Services (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very unique. It was a little laid back yet challenging. There were three stages to the process. I think that preparing on the PEO industry and brushing up on my HR skills definitely helped prepare me.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Group Management Services (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

I did a Skype type interview, phone interview and then a in person interview at the local branch. I was then asked to do a ride along before accepting the position. They had me come in and sit with college grads who have never had a job and listen to them do cold phone calls. None of them made a call but simply showed me how to log in their CRM that they did. and then I was asked to make calls to business owners. I had to place two calls and got an appointment on one. I was then asked to come back again to do a ride along again because they didn’t have a single appointment all day. I did a ride along and Sales man did not have an appointment to go again and wasted my time. 5 interviews and was then told they wanted someone with industry experience

Group Management Services Response

Dec 7, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review GMS. We have made some changes to combine parts of the interview process, such as having a ride along completed on the same day as the first interview. That is... More

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group Management Services.

Interview

I had 4 interviews over a period of 2 months. The 5th was later cancelled an hour before we were scheduled to meet. All 3 meetings went great (3rd is a ride along). My 4th was with the VP of Sales and the VP of Client Services. That’s when everything went downhill and I stumbled on their questions. At one point the VP of Client Services asked the other VP why he was asking the questions he was asking. It seemed more like a psychological exam. Maybe I caught him on a bad day? Questions didn't pertain to the job at all. Very disappointed in how things turned out and all the time I invested.

Interview Questions

• If you were to get married tomorrow how many bridesmaids would you have? Maid of honor?
      What did your college friend's major in?
      Where did your college friend's grow up?
      Did you every go on spring break with your friends in college?
      What middle school did you go to?
      What other companies did you interview with and where are they located?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Group Management Services (Richfield, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty lengthy process:

1- Phone Interview with Recruiter
    2- Skype Interview with Recruiter
    3- Skype Interview with a seasoned Sales Manager
    4- Skype Interview with VP of Sales
    5- In-Person Interview at Headquarters with VP of Sales, Owner and VP of Client Services

I didn't get the job but the people at GMS were very professional and I really loved the "work hard play hard family environment they have created". It seems they have assembled a great executive team that really cares for their employees.

I only wish the GMS family the best success in the future!!!

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group Management Services.

Interview

Very low key. Not intense. Concerning because of lack of competitive insights and superbly underpaying for the industry and archaic approach to the business. Declined to move further after 3rd step.

Interview Questions

Group Management Services Response

Oct 26, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review, we do appreciate the feedback. GMS strives to keep the culture at GMS progressive, so I am sorry to hear you disagree with that. Some of the things we provide to... More

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Group Management Services (Richfield, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

There were 3 sales reps going for this position. It was a very laid back, conversational interview with two VP's of the company. It felt that they were looking more towards my plan of action as opposed to what I'm doing today. For example, "where do you see the growth of your office and how do you plan on getting to that goal?"

Interview Questions

• If you had to rank these tasks in order from most important to least with considering time tables of your work day as a manager, could you do that please?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Group Management Services.

Interview

The interview process took about 5 weeks. Very thorough. Initial interview was via webcam and just an opener. It was followed by an interview with the local branch manager, hiring specialist and then VP of Sales. Also shadowed a salesmen for a half day and got some very good insight on the company and what they do. Overall it was a very good experience and a good company. Employees seem very happy.

Interview Questions

• Just knowing (GMS's) company slogan of "simpler, safer, stronger", how would you approach making a sale to a potential customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group Management Services.

Interview

There really is nothing to explain. The questions are easy as this is probably the most mindless job. If you enjoy driving around and getting rejected in person and also making cold calls for half of the day then by all means apply for this job. You will get stood up on more than half of your appointments . They offer a product that is grossly overpriced and once the customer realizes it they drop GMS. They pay you a lousy 35k a year and sell you a dream that you are going to be making 60-80k after the first year, lol,right. I'm convinced that they tell their employees to write good reviews about this company when half of the people there hate their lives. If you're a college grad and have any motivation in life do not work here, you'll thank me later for this advice. RUN and run fast.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a brain? Because if you do you are over qualified for this job and company   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Group Management Services (Richfield, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview process started with a phone interview with the HR assistant, from there I had an in person interview with the VP of Client Services, a ride along with a Sales Rep, a brief meeting with the Sales Recruiter, and then a final interview with the VP of Client Services and VP of Sales. During each step I was able to gain more knowledge and information of the role and GMS, and each person I met with gave me new insight and perspective, furthering my interest in the company and the team. I could tell that they truly want to get to know you as a person in addition to ensuring that you're a good fit for the role.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Group Management Services (Richfield, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a great experience with GMS. I felt they were informative about all the steps in the the process. They were very open and frank about the expectations of the role and in answering my questions/concerns. There was a phone interview, a first in person interview, a ride along/talked with someone in the role, and a final in person interview. The interview process took a few weeks, but that was partially do to my limited availability with the role I was leaving. Overall a very good and positive experience.