Guaranty Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guaranty Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Guaranty Bank

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Interview

The hiring process for Guaranty Bank went quickly. I placed my application and received a phone call within 3 days! I had my first interview 2 days after the inital phone call and my second interview 2 days after that. I was hired the following day.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I felt was when I was asked what company policies have I in the past not agreed with and what did I do to make that known. They won't take I agreed with them all as a valid answer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Interview

Branch Manager performs a phone screen, if you pass the phone screen, you will be scheduled for an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, you will be asked to complete a grocery store in-aisle prospecting/ sales assessment.

Interview Questions

• Grocery store in-aisle prospecting/ sales assessment or "Name a policy or procedure that you did not agree with. How did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Matteson, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed in person with the branches Assistant Branch Manager in training. During the interview I was told that the position was going to be filed internally, but I would be considered for other open positions.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Bloomington, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I went thought a temp agency. My 1st interview was with the temp agency and than one on one interview with the distrit director. It was an easy process apparently they needed me to start right away.

Anonymous Employee in Oconomowoc Lake, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Oconomowoc Lake, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional, regional manager rescheduled twice
    Interview guides listed on internal website, so interview is very generic and people can prepare knowing exact questions
    Interview was conducted in small branch office with no desk between, uncomfortable and awkward

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a recent closed sale and what was your process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online
    Interview scheduled
    Day of interview, my interview time was pushed back for another interview to be done (poor planning on interviewers part)
    Interviewer asked approximately 12 questions, allowed me to complete my presentation and dismissed
    Received contact from Human Resource Recruiter offering position several days later

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

Minimum of 2 interviews, at least one as a panel interview with more than one RM/MM and HR or other branch manager.

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Interview

Lots of situational experience questions. They will probe for specifics.

Interview Questions

• Example of situation s where you have failed providing what was learned and how you would do differently next time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process is chaotic and unorganized. They hire your for a location, then you find out you are going to another. The training is ridiculous. Managers get trained as tellers and they do become glorified super tellers. They have no separation between them and the tellers on the line, which undermines their authority.

Interview Questions

• How to strike a balance between being a teller and manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have no say in the salary situation.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Glendale, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

After networking into an employee who submitted my resume, the initial interview was conducted by the hiring officer, followed by individual team members and HR interviews on a subsequent day. After the offer was extended, a background check and a drug test was scheduled, which is standard for the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about about serving the underbanked segment which is the primary customer base at Guaranty?
      How do you feel about working in a fast paced environment where you not only have to do the planning but also the execution because of staff limitations?   Answer Question