Guaranty Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager was looking tired, she made general questions after she wanted to go outside and talk with people about the bank, this is a joke because no Bank that had I worked before do that lol I just said no because they are look like they are desesparete to open accounts, you can't sale any product if you don't know the company and also the hours sucks... I think I was clear I didn't want the job... They should review the candidate process.

Learning & Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Glendale, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

My first exposure to Guaranty Bank was for a role outside of this. I went through a phone screen, followed by an in-person with the head of the L&C Communications department. I appreciated their overall transparency and openness regarding vision for the role, which included a few uncertainties as it related to what exactly they were looking for knowing the organization was going through structural changes. All that being said, I wasn’t surprised when an internal candidate was selected.
    I was excited to entertain a second conversation with the same individual when she proactively reached out to me with an existing role that became available. I went through the same interview process with the addition of team interviews, not to mention I volunteered thought-starters using a real initiative they were actively executing to showcase my problem-solving skills and overall excitement to join the team.
    They requested my references, but never followed up on the information. To my confusion and surprise, a month or so after waiting for a final response they decided to move in a different direction.
    Be wary of investing time in this organization. They regularly mention changing their minds, which is something I should have considered before investing even more time in the process. Ask a lot of questions regarding culture. They are closed-off to people with personalities different from theirs and don’t value passion (at least in this department). They are short-sighted and rather closed-off to new people and what they can bring to the table.
    The interview process can be eye-opening. How a company treats you is often a direct reflection of life as an employee. I’m thankful and relieved I’m not a part of this organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you solve complex problems
      Tell me three things you like about yourself
      Tell me three things you'd change about yourself
      Tell me how you approach diversity in the workplace
      Tell me how you manage differing opinions

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harper Woods, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Harper Woods, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

First there was an automated phone interview that lasted 6 questions. Then, they called me in for a normal one within 24 hours.The lady basically said she was only asking me questions because she had to. We went out in the aisles and talked to people in the grocery store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer.
      Why does part time work for you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

After I completed the online application, I was directed to an automated phone interview. I received a call from the branch I applied for the same date to set up an appointment for a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews consisted of 6 questions that are behavioral in nature. How do yo handle a difficult customer? A time when you went above an beyond to provide outstanding customer service to a customer? The person to person interview questions were: why should we hire you? What set you apart from other candidates? What are your greatest strengths etc...? The interview experience was very straight forward not at all stressful. As long as you come prepared you'll have no problems answering some of the questions. The interviewer considers me among the strongest so far. She mentions that they have a high pool of candidates they're currently interviewing for the position right now and so far she considers me among the strongest ones. I should know by next week if I get an offer or not.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Decatur, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Felt like it went pretty well!! Both managers were pretty nice! Got positive vibes from both. Fingers crossed! Seems like a pretty okay company to work for. They stress the fact that they do their own marketing so be prepared to approach people in the store and solicit.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you feel has contributed to you becoming successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online, waited a day or to then received an email to do a phone interview. Then if that goes well they bring you in for a face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oconomowoc Lake, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Oconomowoc Lake, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a phone one. They ask you 5 questions that you have a minute to answer. Makes you feel a tad nervous but overall easy.

The second interview is a one on one (sometimes two depending on what you are interviewing for). They ask you the typical questions. Lots of sales related ones.

I had a third interview that sometimes is done with the second. This is a sales based one. They test how comfortable you are doing sales.

If you are chosen you go for a drug test.

Overall its a very smooth transition between the 2 sometimes 3 interviews

Teller/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Very timing and length. Training was good. Was taught Basic retail banking duties, cash handling, customer service, and sales focused. Human Resource folks there are great and they didn't make you feel intimidated by their questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals, achievements, and how can you be useful.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Interview

Odd, phone interview with a voice machine that consisted of about 6 questions. Still waiting on response, overall a different experience, make sure your prepare beforehand... it will help, alot

Interview Questions

• Time you went above an beyond
      Positions you've held
      Good characteristics
      cant remember the other 3, Im currently waiting on a response so will list as "no offer" until further notice

Teller Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Interview

I applied on indeed then they basically called me in for an interview within 2 days. they begin to ask regular questions that you would normally get in a bank position interview. they were very unprofessional and used slang. associates walking in and out while interview took place. unorganized. They had the assistant manager and manager of the branch in the room.

Interview Questions

• name a time you helped a difficult customer   1 Answer