Guggenheim Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Guggenheim Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at Guggenheim Partners

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. The person I talked to was very aggressive and it felt as if I was being interrogated. This might be unique to this person though.

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about your last jobs? very in-depth questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very difficult interview. Highly technical so be prepared for any and all finance questions. Important to know your prior experience as well to a T. Multi-step and multi interview process as well. Important to be prepared to tell your story to multiple hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a $10 depreciation   1 Answer

IB Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On-campus first round and second round interviews (on the same day), each was 30 min long. First was more behavioral then second was more technical (3 statements, basic valuation)

Interview Questions

• Which valuation method would you expect to give you the highest value (ie ppaids? comps? dcf? etc)   Answer Question

Interview

Was typical questions out of M&I guide, one technical interview and two fit interviews. The whole process took one day. Fit questions ask about challenges and teamwork. They randomly asked about what is an LBO

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied through a resume drop on my school's portal and through the company website. I was invited directly to a superday with no phone screen. Superday was one 30 minute technical in the morning with a callback for two 30 minute behaviorals in the afternoon. Received offer the following week. Offer was not exploding.

Interview Questions

• Technicals were all case-style. Very focused on equity and enterprise value topics. One LBO case, super simple but required some arithmetic.   1 Answer
    • Behavioral interviews were fairly conversational.   2 Answers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online through OCR and career site, received invite to superday. It consisted of a technical screening that if passed continued on to 2 behavioral interviews in the afternoon.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

30 minute technical interview followed by two 30 minute behavioral interviews. It was an in-person superday at the office. I applied online at my university's application portal, heard back a few weeks later, and the interview process took place over the course of one day.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

It was a purely technical first round with questions strictly on merger models and LBO. I applied online and was then introduced to the super day soon after. The people were nice, it was a morning superday and an afternoon 2nd round if you proceeded

Interview Questions

• If you have a company that has a PE of 10x and another that is at 15x which one is accretive if there is a third company looking at both companies.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied through university career portal and on the company website. Flown out to NYC office for two-part super day. Part one was a technical interview with an analyst, part two was two behaviorals with VPs.

Interview Questions

• Compare these two companies as they restructure their debt. The inancials were given and required to make a quick analysis based on Cost of Debt and Cost of Equity calculations.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

They have a great Veteran Transition Internship program and really care about developing transitioning Veterans via classes, speakers, and real hands-on experience. I applied online and got an email back about 45 days later for a 1:1 30 minute interview with 3 employees, an MD, a VP, and another employee. Everyone was extremely welcoming and I had a great interviewing experience. Very behavioral based questions to ensure you are a good cultural fit.