Guggenheim Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job through the Guggenheim website. Had a phone interview then two in-person interviews at the Guggenheim office in NYC. The first round was with 5 different individuals, all one-on-one. The second round was with 7 different individuals, 3 one-on-ones (including the managing director and director) and 2 groups of 2. All of the interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were easy to talk to. The questions were mostly behavioral with a few technical questions about bank loans.

Interview Questions

• Why Guggenheim?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example where you've been thrown into a situation without directions and needed to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you resolved a difficult situation with a colleague.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you worked with a poor team member. Did you do anything about it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about bank loans?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with manager then another interview with a senior developer. After that you get a take home assignment and once you complete it you go in for a 2-3 hours interview with various questions on your assignment as well as other technical questions.

Interview Questions

• General .NET MVC questions such as routing controllers etc. SQL questions such as writing queries on board. AngularJS questions.   Answer Question

VTAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which followed by setting up in-person interview. For the super day I meet with previous VTAP intern who was working at Guggenheim full time then VP followed by the MD of the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for program online. Received an email a couple of weeks later for an invitation for a super day. Interviewed with one employee and was not asked to continue. The interviewer was unprofessional and continued to check her phone while I was speaking. The phone volume was on and continued to ring.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had 2 phone screens which were supposedly going to be mostly technical but oddly were not. Were more interested in discussing fluff rather than technical ability. Interviewers were late in making calls and Didn't bother to apologize which was a tad rude. Aside from one or two very simple technical questions kept asking high level questions about projects done years and years ago and what my goals are. At one point seemed to rudely suggest they don't want people joining their firm with a goal of higher pay but who 'care about the firm' . Why else would someone want to work at a hedge fund!? Do people go there to benefit humanity?

Interview Questions

• Describe a performance issue and how you tackled it.
      What is your ideal job.
      What is your favorite language .
      How do virtual functions work and possible performance impact.
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a super day at their NY office after submitting my resume.
    The interview consisted of two rounds. The first was a 30 minute interview with technical questions from a junior analyst. The second round was two back to back 30 minute interviews with behavioral questions.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an interview in November through an employee referral. First round (phone) interview was half fit half technical. Easy questions. Second round was a lot more technical. The interviewer was condescending and somewhat entitled. Be ready for technicals not in the M&I guides. Superday was mainly fit.

Interview Questions

• What are the three methods to value a company?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite industry's average EBITDA multiple? What about the P/E multiple?   Answer Question
    • What deals have you recently followed? What do you think were the reasons for company X to acquire/merge with company Y?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the 3 financial statements when $100 of depreciation are recorded.   Answer Question
    • What are a 10K, 10Q and an 8Q? Tell me about the last one you read.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Super short first round phone screening. Just asked about interest in S&T, past experience and interest in Guggenheim. Very to the point and no brain teasers. I was studying abroad so they were very mindful of the time change and were very accommodating. No small talk, just a to the point less than 30 minute screen.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on campus by submitting a cover letter and resume, then got an interview on campus. Interview lasted only 30 minutes. They interviewed a lot of people on campus. Focused on accounting and obscure technical qs

Interview Questions

• 1/2 behavioral, 1/2 technical, accounting qs and in depth valuations   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Guggenheim Partners (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First one was a 30 minute on-campus interview. Second round was a superday interview with 5 rounds. Final round was a 2-week case study where you had to build out an operating model and create a powerpoint with a buy/sell recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Asked some brainteasers, accounting/valuation, current events, etc.   Answer Question