H.G. Fenton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were several steps to the process from the phone screen, personality test, skills assessment, to the recruiter interview to the group interview. But I was kept informed every step of the way and the process moved very quickly. Each person I met along the way was extremely friendly and welcoming. It was very motivating and I learned very quickly that I wanted to be a part of the team at HG Fenton!

Interview Questions

• What can you can contribute to the TEAM environment? What is your experience with motivating a team to meet financial goals for your properties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The Interview process was messy, unorganized from the start and unprofessional to the end. Did not have the correct job description I applied for. Phone presence was rude and unprofessional, unorganized on the phone calls and did not follow through with the interview as was suggested from the email and phone call.

Interview Questions

• The email response with availability for an interview.. Thanking me for applying for a Maintenace Tech. position and would I available Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:00 AM for an Interview?   1 Answer
    • I received a call from a different person on Dec. 26th saying they worked for the HG Fenton. And would I be able to do a phone screen interview now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This interview process was very positive from start to finish. Everyone I spoke with was friendly, encouraging, and very supportive.

The screening was very thorough, thoughtful, and organized. Through careful testing, and the in person interviews, I gained a lot of personal insight which was an added benefit, and very interesting. This helped me along the way to know that, not only was I a good candidate for the position, but the company would be a good fit for me as well.

I am excited to begin my career at H.G. Fenton!

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you were faced with a conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

H.G. Fenton's interview process is very thorough. Process for Administrative Assistant application began with a telephone interview followed by a one-on-one interview and finally a group/panel interview with supervisors from the appropriate department. Candidates take a Wonderlic assessment as well as a Predictive Index assessment. If the position is offered and accepted, background check and drug test are then required.

Interview Questions

• Questions involve specific situational examples of how skills and values have been applied in previous professional settings.   Answer Question

H.G. Fenton Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruitment Lifestyle Leader

This is great! It sounds like you got a lot out of your candidate experience!

We strive to ensure candidates are able to showcase their skills and also learn about the team so they can make the... More

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Kristy Gois, made the entire process run very smoothly. She was concise, thorough, polite and very professional. The other team member and interviewers were equally professional and prepared. I am looking forward to working with such team.

Interview Questions

• Questions were many and mostly focused on past experience.   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (New York, NY).

Interview

I was very excited after speaking to the recruiter regarding this company and seeing the positive reviews. However, they had me take the Predictive Index exam first. It is a list of adjectives that you check off that you feel how others would describe you and then how you would describe yourself. Supposedly no right or wrong answers. FALSE!! If your score isn't in the right range of what the feel their employees should be then it goes no further. No chance for a face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was extremely positive - I talked to a recruiter, then employee development and then the Community Manager. Everyone was extremely accommodating. Asked typical interview questions and made the process easy being an out of state candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an irate customer, how did you overcome the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Contacted me through LinkedIn, took a PI test, and then was contacted by a recruiter for a 30 minute phone screen. The process was fast and I was brought in the next morning for a 2 hour or so long interview where I was first presented with a logic test. Recruiter was amazing and helpful during the whole process. I spoke with 2 people during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Sell a product in the room.

How did you handle a conflict between a customer or team member?

Explain internship experiences pertaining to sales/ marketing.

What would you do if you were in charge of marketing right now.

Why do you want to work here and do you see yourself here?

If you're in the leasing office right now, how would you approach someone who is looking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received invitation to completed Online PI test, Received a call for Phone screening, In person wonderlic test, interview with recruiter and than final interview with panel interview with two property managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were able to see someone coming and instantly knew if it would be a good conversation or bad one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was pretty tough, first email reply, personality test, phone interview and then interview with the recruiter where you have to fill out a test. Even though you hear that if you pass the personality test they will hire you, they didn’t give me a chance and worst of all didn’t explain why I didn’t get to the last interview.

Interview Questions

H.G. Fenton Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Employee Lifestyle (HR) Director

Thank you for taking the time to interview for the Leasing and Marketing Manager position. I'm sorry we weren't able to move forward with you for this opportunity.

There are many factors that we... More