H.I.G. Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H.I.G. Capital Interview Questions

Vice President Interview

Interview

Highly technical interview. Less time was spent on background questions and resume, more time was spent on relevant financial questions. Rapid pace of questioning. Interview had serious tone - was not casual / conversation. Also asked to analyze problems given hypothetical financial context and to provide anecdotal illustrations of various financial situations.

Interview Questions

• Asked about different types of debt   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H.I.G. Capital.

Interview

Very accommodating with scheduling, very clear on what the position entailed and very nice people, After the initial phone interview, there were one on one meetings. Then the background check, and some tests were sent to be done.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H.I.G. Capital (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then went in for an interview. They scheduled me for a 2nd interview and then canceled twice. They finally canceled the whole process after multiple times going back and forth with the recruiter in Miami only after I initiated contact. The recruiter asked me to fill out a behavior profile and asked for my age as well which I'm not sure this is legal. Anyway, They told me they were moving their offices to another floor and weren't going to hire anyone right away.

Interview Questions

• What are your strong points, basic general interview questions.   Answer Question

Sourcing Associate Interview

Interview

A few phone interviews followed by an in-office super day.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral - the interview is as technical as you want to make it.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H.I.G. Capital (Miami, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Building a standalone financial model in excel (Income Statement, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet) given certain assumptions. Interviews with various associates and principals all poking questions into your accounting and finance knowledge. Pitching ideas (for control or non-control investments). One associate invited me to lunch and shot algebra questions at me.

Interview Questions

• A company buys a new machine. Walk me through how that affects all financial statements.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H.I.G. Capital (Clearwater, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

They had nothing that was of interest to me

Interview Questions

• What did I want from a company in ten years   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.I.G. Capital (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 interviews, meet with team. For example, when did you last have to negotiate a difficult situation. How did you deal with that. What did you learn from it. How would you do it differently..... Very standard interview questions in informal setting