HARMAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HARMAN Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.9

Public Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview

Unfortunately, I did not even get to the actual interview... I receive an email from a Talent Acquisition Specialist who ask to set up a phone interview, and to make sure I would be willing to commute as I live about 90 minutes from their HQs. I respond a little over an hour later that I am willing to commute and send over times in which I'm able to chat over the phone. The next day, the recruiter responds on a good time for the following day to chat, and I confirm that time 30 minutes later with the number I can be reached at for the call the next day, and that I was looking forward to it.

When the agreed upon time comes, I wait for the call, but she never calls. After 40 minutes, I email the recruiter to say I understand if something came up and ask if she would like to reschedule. She never responds. After about 4 days, I give her a call and leave a message on her voicemail, which is also ignored.

At this point, I get it - HARMAN is probably not the next stop in my career. However, I would just like to receive an explanation for the unprofessional blow-off. So six days following the day we had our phone interview scheduled, I call her office again and she answers. I introduce myself and ask if the job search is still open and if there is some reason why we didn't connect as planned. She then tells me that they already have an offer out to someone, but she'd keep me in mind if things change. I accept that they have moved on, but ask for a reason as to why I there was no follow up after she failed to call at the agreed upon time, to which she says that she did send me an email and it must of landed in my spam. This was untrue as our email correspondence was starred in my gmail account, and I had checked my spam and had no emails from her. Also, she never offered an explanation to why she blew off our call, which was booked for the day after we initially settled on a time.

I understand things happen and the job hunting process is tedious and stressful on both sides. That being said, I believe showing courtesy, honest and respect should be the highest priority for both the interviewer AND the interviewee.

Since my interview experience barely got off the ground with HARMAN, I can't speak to their PR department, or really to the company, but I can only hope that this one talent acquisition specialist can internally acknowledge her poor behavior in this instance and treat future candidates better.

Interview Questions

• Am I okay with commuting into the office, as there is no work from home option?   1 Answer

Warranty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

1) HR/Recruiter phone screen
    2) Hiring Mgr & his immediate direct reports (2.5 hrs) interview (on-site)
    3) Indirect/supporting Mgrs interviews 2.5 hrs (on-site)
    Reviewed skill-set and job alignment thereof. Discussed recently being acquired by Samsung.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview

1. Applied resume
    2. HR interview by phone
    3. Site Interview
    HR asked my salary after basic questions. I don't know why they ask current salary.
    1. Are you familiar with Harman?
    2. Why are you looking or open to leave current position?
    3. What would you ideal position?
    4. Legal right to work in US?
    5. What are you looking for in your next role personally?
    6. Why Harman?
    7. How would your peers?
    8. What do you consider your most valuable skill?
    9. 6 or 7 questions summarise your experience of job

My opinion:
    Why they ask reason leave current position? Are they want liar?
    And not much good job area and condition.
    Disappointed Harman.
    Anyway thanks for refused my job applying.
    I don't want liar looks like car sale man.
    Good luck Harman! Samsung management will come soon.

Interview Questions

• why leave your current position?   2 Answers

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Was called for a two-hour event. During the event, they introduced us to the company and gave us a tour and then we each had individual interviews
    Interview was really easy and they made you feel at ease

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round Phone interview, about 30 minutes. The interviewer described the company and position a little then asked mostly behavioral with some technical explanation of projects. Curious about java and c/c++ experience. Ask for availability and if I was interested in a spring intern position as well and not just summer. Waiting for a second interview possibly..

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for about 15 minutes about what is encryption, what school do I attend, etc. Then, i was granted an interview which was with the highest manager in the connected car dept (questions like what classes I took, what do I know about the connected car dept., and what was one of my projects about). From there the requirements manager and an employee interviewed me with questions like, if I competed in capture the Flag, what do I want to be asked that will say the most about me, and other cyber security questions. Lastly, I had a 15 minutes interview with an HR manager who asked basic questions. I wasn't given a position for this internship.

Interview Questions

• What do u like about cyber security?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HARMAN (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview first, than on site interview. Easy chatting, of course , there is some of the technical question but very basic. Most question is focus on what project you done before, if you didn't fool around on your previous project , I'm sure it is very easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a position on the company website and received an email from HR recruiter within minutes. I was super excited as I thought I was just a perfect fit for the position due to various specifics of the job and me possessing those necessary skills. HR recruiter/talent acquisition person asked me when I was available for a phone interview with her and we talked the next day. It went very well and she seems like a professional in what she was doing. She told me she would talk to a hiring manager who happened to be in Germany and would follow up with me. I waited and waited and waited...2 weeks goes by and send the recruiter a follow up email, no response followed. I waited another week and called her and ended up leaving a voice message, no response followed. After another week, I connected with another HR recruiter on LinkedIn and I tried to get some answers to my questions, nothing from that person either. In every situation, I was very professional and polite, which I cannot tell about the people on the Harman HR side. I just find the people who I dealt with very unprofessional and disrespectful. I think people who work for this amazing and innovating company could do a better job.Very disappointed.

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First had a phone call with an HR rep, just went through my background. Second call was with a hiring manager, he asked me in depth specifics about my background, projects, and experience. Did not ask any technical questions related to cyber security.

Program Manager Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and my application was rejected. However, I received a phone call later due to the recruiter stating that I could apply to a different position because of my skills. I applied and went through an interview with 7 different people. I was offered a job at the end of the week.