HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators) Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators)

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators) (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

After being interviewed over the phone by the HR recruiter, I was invited for an in-person interview with a hiring manager first. I met with the hiring manager, who stated that my experience and skill set are exactly what she is looking for. In a week or two, I was invited for the second round of interviews with the hiring manager again, with the hiring manager’s boss, and with a project manager that they currently have. The hiring manager’s boss had mostly general questions and told me that it is the hiring manager’s decision about who to add to her team. The hiring manager reiterated again that I’m a great fit and even mentioned some of the projects that she would like to reassign to me. The interview with the current project manager was an interesting one. She asked me some of the typical project management questions. It was obvious that she was lacking real IT project management experience and was trying to find solutions to her current projects’ issues in my answers.
    In just two hours right after the second day of interviews, I received an e-mail from HR stating that “…at this time we’re focusing on a candidate that will best suit business needs”.
    After three rounds of interviews and hearing from the hiring manager that I’m a great match for the role and she is being ready to assign me their falling apart projects, the only explanation is that HR filtered me out because of my age. The age discrimination is hard to prove, but unfortunately it exists very much. To the upper management of HMA as well as to all companies, I would strongly suggest to hire the best candidates for any roles without any discrimination.

Interview Questions

• How can we fix so many issues that we have?   1 Answer

Enrollment Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators) (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I met with the manager and one of the auditor/trainers in the Bellevue office. The interview was pretty simple asked my experience and what I could bring. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators) (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Basic questions, nothing hard hitting, they don't want to offend. Questions are softball. They don't inquire to your level of complexity handling information, great entry level for recent college grad kids

Interview Questions

• Are you able to use Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simplistic

Account Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators).

Interview

Hiring manager contacted me and had a brief phone interview/discussion. I was invited in for an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager, who stated my personality and skills are a good fit and she wanted me to meet with a few of the people currently doing the same job to get more insight into the job. I met with three Account Analysts and they discussed the job details. The gentleman in the interview stated the most important role included monthly reports that are mundane and basically the job is unchallenging. He was pretty negative.

Interview Questions

• The whole process was weird. Whereas the hiring manager liked me and was excited about my skills, experience, and personality as a fit, I found the three panel peer interview process off-putting and uncomfortable for all involved. It seems they are overworked. The longest tenure of that group was 3 years.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Healthcare Management Administrators) (Bellevue, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met with the former IT Director and was asked the standard IT questions. Noting was difficult about the interview. Then I moved on to meet with two other analyst and that was a breeze.