HNI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HNI Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2016

2.5

IT Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

First met with the company at a local career fair. Next they called me and we set-up a time for a phone interview. I was contacted a few days later to schedule a date/time for the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed, and how you overcame that failure?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed the day after the college career fair and had a painless 30 minute interview that consisted of me telling them about myself. It felt like they were trying to get to know me. They were very welcoming, which made talking to them even easier.

The next week I got an email asking me to go onsite for the 2nd round. They reimburse you for your travel. They give you a presentation on the company and then go into interviews. On-site interview consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews in a big room of people, kind of like speed dating. It was more behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). Then you eat lunch and go on a plant tour. They let you know the next week if your got the job!

Interview Questions

• - Why HNI? Why Muscatine? Tell me about a class you really enjoyed. Tell me about a class you didn't enjoy. Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Applications/ resume submitted online via company's website. Initial phone screen interview followed by an onsite visit/ interview. Behavioral based interview questions with multiple HNI members including HR and the hiring department/ discipline.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you failed and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayland, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HNI (Wayland, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very well. I met with 4 members at Gunlocke all of which had been part of the Finance Development program through HNI. They all said it was a great learning process, to be able to work at the coporate office but also to work at the different operating company's. I learned a lot of information through the process because I was able to speak with 4 members who had experienced what I was intending to do

Interview Questions

• What would your boss say is the most challenging thing for you to do?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I went to my university's career fair and got an interview (1-1) the day after. After that interview, I was able to choose which friday I would want to go to Muscatine, IA for a day at their headquarters. This day consisted of 3 rapid fire interviews (30 minutes each) and touring their facility. You could definitely feel the competition in these interviews unlike the first one. After that interview, I got an offer from them the upcoming monday and I am excited to work for them this summer.

Interview Questions

• What drives you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you overcame adversity?   1 Answer

Entry Level Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

This was a great interview. I met many of the HNI members and had good discussions with all of them. I also met team members I would be working with. It was very welcoming and they answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• We all make mistakes. Tell me about a time when a mistake you made impacted another coworker or department. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met them at my schools career fair and applied that same day. Got a call back the following day, then I had a phone interview the day after that. The phone interview was very much a behavioral based style. I was then offered to go to their headquarters for the final step. They covered my hotel as well as the cost of travel. I then had 3 interviews at the company as well as several other activities that helped me get a better understanding of the company.

Senior Business Intelligence Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Phone Conversation with HR people they call me for 50 mins phone screening, followed by technical screening through phone for an 30 minutes about the OBIEE and BI Applications.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 rapid fire interviews after an on-campus screening. Went to the Allsteel HQ and was compensated for gas expense plus some. Had interviews with different members of HR and people in my related field.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by another phone interview then morning interviews at location with four employees who interviewed me individually and then they took me to lunch and discussed further about the position. Then I was given more information and the benefit information after that. It was a very good interview process

Interview Questions

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Happy to hear you enjoyed your interview with us!