HNI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HNI Interview Questions

Interviews at HNI

2.6

IT Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HNI.

Interview

Phone interview. very laid back. The lady I interviewed with was very kind and made me even more excited to earn the position than I was before.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA).

Interview

Spoke with company at the career fair where I set up an on-campus interview. Following the interview, I was asked to attend an on-site interview where about 20 interns rotated through 3 recruiters each (one HR, one technical, and one previous experience). We then went on a facility tour. I was contacted a week later with results. In general, the employees were nice. Some did not seem genuinely interested in speaking with intern candidates, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you... dealt with an ethical issue, worked in a group where someone didn't pull their weight, least favorite and favorite courses, etc.   Answer Question

I have received offer from them twice of the 3 times I went through the interview process and declined both times. The first time I declined I was because I was interviewed by an older man who was very rude and made some very sexist comments during my interview. The second time I declined because I received a better offer elsewhere.

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Thank you for providing candid feedback and for considering career and internship opportunities with us. I'm very sorry to hear your interview process was not entirely positive. We are completely... More

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 rapid fire interviews after an on-campus screening. Went to the Allsteel HQ and was compensated for gas expense plus some. Had interviews with different members of HR and people in my related field.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

1 interview w/ behavior & situational ?'s
    Another interview a few weeks later with 3-4 other people (not at the same time) at the HQ. You go to each person and talk to them for about 10 minutes and move on to the next. They will also give you tours of the building. After this you wait awhile to hear if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a team and someone didn't carry their part. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met them at my schools career fair and applied that same day. Got a call back the following day, then I had a phone interview the day after that. The phone interview was very much a behavioral based style. I was then offered to go to their headquarters for the final step. They covered my hotel as well as the cost of travel. I then had 3 interviews at the company as well as several other activities that helped me get a better understanding of the company.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

filled out the application on their company website and sent my resume. Got an email about two weeks later to schedule a 30-minute phone interview. Very basic questions about what got me interested in IT and what my goals are in a professional setting. Second interview came about a month and a half later, I was invited on site for a three individual interviews. Two of the interviewers were in IT asking about IT experience and technical questions while the other one was with HR asking more behavioral questions. Fairly relaxed interview process. Interviewers were comfortable to talk to and I didn't feel intimidated at all with the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you saw something unethical going on in your workplace and failed to address it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room for negotiation. sorry hagglers.

Builder Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HNI (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was told it was a 5 step interview process but I only made it through 3 steps. I had a phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, and spent 30-45 minutes completing the predictive assessment to be told that they are moving forward with candidates with skills that better match the position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HNI in July 2012.

Interview

Internal interviews- you get an email or your supervisor does and then informs you of being accepted for an interview. You show up for the interview wait for the person interviewing you at the entrance. Someone meets you takes you to an office and holds the interview. For the professional positions you may have a multi person interview.

New member interviews- you go to the facility that you were scheduled to interview at. Meet with the group lead for the area, they walk you around asking you questions to determine if they like you or feel you would be a good fit. Then give you an offer letter if you get their approval.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is the pay you will get if you agree sign on the line.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Interview

I was flown from a different state to interview at Hon/HNI/All Steel in Muscatine , IA. All of my travel arrangements were taken care of by HNI (plane ticket, rental car, hotel room). I was also given an expense form to expense my mileage to/from airport, and meals while traveling. I was very impressed how hospitable they were in these regards. My interview was with 6 different people, ranging from HR to engineering. The times were well scheduled, and the morning flew by. I was also scheduled and given a tour of the facility (All Steel). The interview sessions were not very tough, although I'm always confident in my resume when it pertains to my work skills. I can talk about my projects all day, don't lie about what you can do on your resume and you should be just fine. Everyone was very friendly, nobody was trying to ask any 'got ya' interview type questions. They asked a lot about my future career goals, where I see myself in 3-5-7 years etc. Be prepared to answer those, although you should be in an interview, that's why you're trying to get a new job, right?

Interview Questions

• One of the HR members asked what a common misconception is about me. That question took me back a little.   1 Answer

HNI Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Member & Community Relations

Thanks for interviewing with us!

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HNI (Muscatine, IA).

Interview

The interview was setup similar to "speed dating." There were three fast paced interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each. One interviewer focused on academics, another one on behavioral questions, and the last one pertained more to the internship and further questions. The interview process was enjoyable and lunch followed afterwards. Lastly, the day ended with a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• What is something that someone may not be able to guess about you?   Answer Question