HSN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

First, HireVue; next phone interview with HR; next phone interview with head buyer and associate buyer; finally a on-site or Skype interview. It seems like HSN prefers to hire from within but interviews outside candidates anyway.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to persuade your boss to see your side.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a colleague.   Answer Question
    • What would your first week at HSN look like?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Toledo, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, received an email two days later for scheduling a phone interview. Call came 10 minutes after the scheduled time. Lady introduced herself and what kind of atmosphere she was in and then started asking questions after double checking that i still was interested with the job. After 30 minutes of questions (including very detail oriented job experience questions) i was directed to open up a screen sharing webpage to which i had to role-play a call coming from the interviewer. I didn't think it would be hard but imagine someone watching you type and search for items, etc. It was nerve wracking. At the end the lady told me what i did wrong and what i did well and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you known about this position?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a coworker that was very hard to deal with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a supervisor that you disagreed with on a problem and what you did about the issue.   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in this position?   Answer Question

WAH Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HSN (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Scheduled telephone interview, reviewed resume, must be have computer availability to do a telephone simulation with a customer calling in to purchase merchandise. If you do well, you will receive an offer which is contingent on you having the necessary equipment installed prior to your training start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to do a telephone simulation? No tablets, or phones allowed.   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online via HSN website. Was contacted shortly for a virtual interview. The day after I completed this, I was contacted by HR for a short telephone interview. This was fairly to the point and it took 30 minutes. I was asked about my previous experience, my favorite brands in that category, and 2 Excel questions (v-lookup and pivot tables). Was then contacted for an in-person interview on site at HSN. They flew me down, with all accommodations (hotel, car, airfare) asap and then offered me the position by the end of the week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Ronkonkoma, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a listing I discovered on linkedin. I received an email two days later asking me to do a video interview. This is not a skype interview. You are provided with a link to a website where you have 30 seconds to read a question and then you have three minutes to record your answer. You cannot do any re-takes. I strongly suggest you do some research prior to launching your video interview. There are several youtube videos and a lot of information online to help you prepare for this. The video interview took about 20 minutes. There were probably about 8-10 questions. Two days after the interview I received an email asking me my availability for a telephone interview. I had the telephone interview 3 days later. It lasted about 15-20 minutes. I received an email about two weeks later saying they went with a different candidate to fill the position. I was disappointed b/c I was very interested in working for HSN. Overall it was a very good process. I liked getting exposure to the video interview - something I had never done before. I also liked the communication from their HR team. I received several updates and next steps via email. They never left me hanging on wondering if I would ever hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult boss/co-worker/vendor?   Answer Question

Buying/Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HSN (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to an a virtual interview through HireVue, so there was no person on the other end. I was just answering prompt questions on the screen to the camera. 2 days later I was asked to do an in person interview. The interview questions were pretty simple. It was very conversational. There were 20 minutes of questions, then I was given 10 minutes to ask my own questions, so you should definitely have tons of questions prepared. I was told I would for sure hear back within 1 to 2 weeks, whether it was good news, bad news, or no news. It has been 3 1/2 weeks and I still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• What qualities make someone a good intern?
      Why do you want to work for HSN?
      Explain the most recent mistake you made.
      What do you do to keep up with the latest trends?
      What is something your co-workers do that bothers you?
      Explain a time when you worked with someone who was difficult to work with. How did you handle it?
      What has been your favorite class in college?
      Answer Question

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple. Lots of problem solving skills. Tells you exactly this job entails and who you'll be working with. Hours. Schedule rotation. Take a tour of workspace and studios. Meet the VC team.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Merchandising/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Great phone interview with a really helpful, conversational recruiter for about 30 minutes. A couple days later, phone interview with buyer who seemed uninterested and like I was wasting her time. She said she would get back to me within a week or so, and asked the latest I needed to hear back. I told her January 31st, that time came and went and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class? Why HSN? Can you use Excel and V-Lookup and how is it helpful?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN in December 2016.

Interview

First there was a digital interview that was about 15 minutes they asked me if I was able to relocate myself and if I was comfortable with earning $16.35 an hour. They asked a few more typical interview questions nothing too hard. The second interview was a phone interview where I was asked to expand on a few of my previous answers.

Interview Questions

• What are you favorite HSN brands?
      When have you used at pivot table and V-lookup, and what were you using it for?
      What qualities do you look for in a leader or manager?
      Answer Question

WAH Sales/Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HSN (Tampa, FL).

Interview

This was a phone interview. The call came in about 15-20 minutes late. The job posted was not the job interviewed for. There are no full time work from home position. There is only the seasonal positions and the pay is really not worth it. I was told that I have to wait until Feb or later because there is a waiting list and if I needed a job now, I would have to settle for the seasonal which pays less and does not guarantee anything (regular positions) when it was over. The interview process felt like a bait and switch game.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the typical CSR pitch about my most difficult customer, my response to difficult supervisors, how long could I work without break, how would I respond under pressure and examples.   1 Answer