HSN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

HSN Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN.

Interview

Phone interview very pleasant process. Easy going. Basic interview questions. Describe when....give me a time when....wish there was a better variety of shift options. I would have accepted the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not agree with a previous work policy. What did you do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I had the video interview. I didn’t like that as much, not enough time to answer questions and felt incredibly awkward. Luckily, I got to the second interview-phone. It lasted about 30 minutes and it went great. I feel great. The questions were pretty simple. I had to have it rescheduled about 3 times though. The HR person on my case, was terrible. She rarely responded, and always rescheduled. Finally, a week after the phone call interview, I got the third one! I show up to the interview, my HR girl wasn’t there. Didn’t e-mail that she wouldn’t be. It was a panel interview. I thought it went great, the panel was wonderful. I met the SVP after for a one on one. He didn’t ask much. He seemed casual and like he didn’t have much to talk about. So, I just asked questions about the company to him. I felt like I ran the interview more when it came to the major part of the discussion. I felt great after- I had another new HR person walk me back to HR and ask about my experience. I had no e-mail from the girl assigned to me, not even an apology for not showing up that day. When I got a rejection 3 days later, I had to e-mail the head of HR to know what I could work on. She forwarded me to my original HR girl, who FINALLY responded and didn’t even answer what I could’ve done better. I think if I had gotten a better person assigned to my case my chances could’ve been different. Still love the company and will apply to other positions. Just really shocked at the lack of professionalism from their recruiters.

Hsn Wah Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was nice and easy, online assessment was long and arduous , I was slated to begin training , picked up my materials only to be forced to decline by my current job for scheduling conflict. Would have loved to have tried it for the Christmas season

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN.

Interview

I Applied and. Went through a Phone interview all less than 2wks. I also had to do a test on the computer and I was hires on the spot. The entire process took about 2wks

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Full Time Work At Home Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took two incredibly detailed computer assessments that modelled customer transactions and phone calls. A few days later I got an email saying that they wanted to schedule a phone interview, and I logged on to their online system to schedule it.

A few days after that, I had my phone interview, which lasted only about 20 minutes. I've seen a lot of reviewers on here talking about a computer task that gets done during the phone interview, but I believe that the computer assessment I did during the application took the place of this. My phone interview involved no computer activity. The recruiter just asked me normal questions about my work experience, why I was leaving my current position, why I was interested in a job with HSN, etc.

The question portion of the phone interview actually only lasted about 10 minutes. After that, the recruiter went into detail about training, schedule, pay and benefits, and all that. She then offered me the job and I received an email about next steps.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN.

Interview

HireVue was a cool way to complete the first interview- you just record your answers to prompted questions and send it in. Doesn't hurt to prepare a little before, but the questions were pretty straightforward (scenarios, whats your passion, why do you wanna work for us, etc.)

HSN Work At Home Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Polk City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Polk City, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was Absolutely AMAZING! She was very friendly and understanding. She made the interview process fun. We also took part in role-play. The interviewer was the customer and I the sales representative. She was patient with me and stopped to answer any questions I may have. So far I love the HSN company.

WAH Sales/Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Lasted 32 minutes. No computer stuff was done. Asked alot of, "what did you do in this situation," questions.Asked questions about my past employment and experiences in customer service mostly.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you had a confused customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN in August 2017.

Interview

It was easy. About an hour. Asked normal situation questions. Did a mock sale. Was offered job on the spot. I applied in February and got an email in August. Did my interview the next day and was hired in the phone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Senior Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSN (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Typical send resume/credentials and wait. What's atypical is that they require you to divulge your social security number while applying. After two weeks you receive an email inviting you to participate in a video interview. However, it's not like FaceTime or Skype, it's generic, impersonal questions and you have to record your answer using a secondary company's tools. After that, they tell you whether or not you're still being considered -- They tell you so quickly that it makes me wonder if they're using it as a tool to weed out people of color. That's how generic the questions are. Like how do you give constructive criticism or tell us about yourself? At no point do they actually treat applicants with a modicum of respect for their time or effort by interacting with them person to person via phone or even email. It's an extremely cold and unwelcoming experience.