HSN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSN Interview Questions

Interviews at HSN

2.5

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I had a phone interview with the HR department, and then I came on campus and met with a Buyer, a VP and SVP in the area.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic interview - it was more like a conversation about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I was an internal candidate that was more than qualified. I came to the interview with fresh ideas, a project proposal and a new show design. Little did I know they already had another internal candidate in mind and was just being interviewed because I applied, not because they were interested. It was a complete waste of time and incredibly discouraging.

Interview Questions

• How would you revamp our morning show?   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Was pretty easy. No technical questions asked. The interviewers were developers with very limited technical expertise. I was quite surprised how easy it was but after getting hired on it became very clear that the developers were limited.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. Nothing really technical.   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Process is diligent and followed strictly as per plan. The hiring process was smooth. At first had an Technical Interview and a Face to face with Team and Senior Management. The interview process was very smooth

Interview Questions

• Interview was not difficult if we are fit enough for the expectation mentioned in the opportunity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Typical bait and switch
    They advertised and interviewed me for Senior Software Engineer and in the offer letter they had mentioned Software Engineer. When asked they it is their norm and they will promote me in 6 months (which never happened)

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was good , one needed to have working experience to pass their technical interview.
      In the interview with management , they forgot to tell me that I need to be in on-call support every 5th week and I came to know this after joining them.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSN (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Let me start out by saying that I was treated very poorly by HSN (Home Shopping Network) in this interview. It is interesting how companies scrutinize you for things like punctuality, courtesy and professionalism but they can botch all three in the one and only day you spend with them.

I started off with two technical interviews over the phone. First the HR rep for IT who asks me a lot of technical questions and pretends to be highly technical but when I ask him some questions he can't answer them. That's because he doesn't know tech and I know this happens at most companies but it really is kind of absurd. The next phone interview is with the Manager of the hiring department. I could not have had a better phone interview. I nailed all the questions. We both had some previous work experience that we were discussing and laughing about.

So ... they have me come in for an interview. It is a 2 hour drive for me. I have to take the day off of work to go. I show up 20 minutes early. The HR rep shows up 20 MINUTES LATE! No explanation just right into the chit chat and he starts asking me the same questions he already asked in my phone interview. Okay. Now let me stop for a second. I know I am coming off sarcastic right now but that is only because of what happened after the interview. During the interview I was upbeat, smiling, friendly and I really wanted the job.

So I meet with 5 people on the staff. The whole hierarchy of supervisors and managers I will report to. The first guy doesn't seem to like me but he is not a person I will directly report to. He is actually supervises a parallel group. The next 3 guys all very nice. I hit it off big time with my direct supervisor. I nail all the technical questions. I tell them about things they have not even heard of that they write down so they can research. FINALLY I get to the Manager of the department, face to face, same guy on the phone. Whole thing goes great. Interview ends. It took about 4.5 hours and it ran 30 minutes late. Manager leaves and says HR rep will be right with you.

HR rep comes in. Something is wrong with him. I can tell. He looks like he just ate bad meat. Perhaps he did. The vibe has turned bad and I have no idea why. 2 days later HR rep sends me a blank email with no text in the body only an attached form which I open. The attached form is a standard REJECTION letter.

So I wish they hadn't taken up my whole day and had me drive 2 hours each way if I had no chance at the job. A rejection letter 2 days later tells me I wasn't even close. They did give me 2 phone interviews so I wish that if I was so terribly wrong for the job they would have determined that ahead of time. I don't think I was wrong and I think I did nail the interview. I think maybe that HR rep is just a flake. He was 20 minutes late to the interview after all. No apology and no explanation. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any situational, business case, technical or what would/did you do type questions. It was just a straight up do you know how to do this, do you know this technology, how long have you worked with this technology, etc.   Answer Question

Visual Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSN (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple. Lots of problem solving skills. Tells you exactly this job entails and who you'll be working with. Hours. Schedule rotation. Take a tour of workspace and studios. Meet the VC team.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HSN (Tampa, FL).

Interview

This was a phone interview. The call came in about 15-20 minutes late. The job posted was not the job interviewed for. There are no full time work from home position. There is only the seasonal positions and the pay is really not worth it. I was told that I have to wait until Feb or later because there is a waiting list and if I needed a job now, I would have to settle for the seasonal which pays less and does not guarantee anything (regular positions) when it was over. The interview process felt like a bait and switch game.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the typical CSR pitch about my most difficult customer, my response to difficult supervisors, how long could I work without break, how would I respond under pressure and examples.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Juliet, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HSN (Mount Juliet, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview then an onsite orientation with 6 weeks paid over the phone training. you fill out an application online and then take several personality style questions before they will even consider calling you for an initial phone interview. Once you get an email with your phone interview information someone will call you and do further formal interview type questions and also ask you to navigate around the HSN website.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with computers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSN (Clarksville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly recruiters, good communications through email, basic interview questions and a mock call with a remote practice desktop to show customer service skills and navigation ability placing an order, had a background check, went to the closest recruiting facility in Murfreesboro,TN for onboarding process