HSS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HSS Interview Questions

Interviews at HSS

2.0

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HSS in December 2012.

Interview

IT was about an hour long interview with the recruiter. I think it was fairly standard.The process does go by fast. If they want you, you will know it. Once the phone interview is complete, you will go to the corporate office for a panel interview and to finalize things. If they pay for your trip, you're probably already hired.

Interview Questions

• HSS asks the basic questions that you encounter. They may ask you to give examples of your work history in certain situations.   Answer Question

HSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HSS (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was face to face with a supervisor and a manager. We they both had asset of questions that H created. Everyone was very pleasant. The manager w3as very hard to please but the other person, the supervisor was kind and always smiled.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with the language line before?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HSS (Denver, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviews are generally conducted by the account manager, one time only. You will be asked about your skills, asked to define "integrity", and given various scenario-based questions. The last question is "Tell us why we should hire you." This is your chance to stand out from other candidates, so be prepared for that one with something that isn't already in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if a co-worker complains to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Management positions offer the opportunity to negotiate on salary, security officer positions do not.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HSS (Arlington, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was 3 interviews first with a low level HR employee then two with the area manager. The process was two days long at a local hotel chain and it was a mass hiring event. There were over 100 people there to interview for the positions. Alomost none of the potential candidates were in proper interview attire, and though the staff made the atmosphere very non formal they did not spend much time with those that did not bother to dress the part. After the interviews I recieved my offer of employment the salary was static so I accepted and began all paperwork and training the next day at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• In an intense situation how do you respond fight or flight?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutly no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HSS (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was great but screening and site placement takes nearly a month. Just a heads up! Background check, drug test, lots of immunizations and a decent amount of traveling. Interview consisted of reviewing previous job history to determine competencies. Just be very honest and be yourself for consideration. Company isnt too harsh with their employee selection. People are given a chance.

Interview Questions

• When was one time where you were involved in something stressful or traumatic and has to take a leadership approach. What did you do?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSS.

Interview

Submitted resume and got a call from the regional recruiter about 3 business days later. He gave me a phone interview and asked about a few scenarios fairly easy. Then he directed me to my area recruiter here in Denver and then scheduled me for an interview.

This is what I find unprofessional. The recruiter called me an hour before my interview stating that the position with the schedule I wanted was already unavailable because the onsite hiring manager gave it away. They tried working with me to find another location with a set schedule. Idk about you but there is a reason why these positions are open in a bad way. I would seriously look elsewhere unless you are seriously desperate for a job!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HSS (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and then contacted a friend working for the company. That friend put me in contact with the HR manager who hires all the officers. He brought me into the office for a 20 minute standard interview questions. After the interview. I waited a few days for the job offer. Then I had to go get a uniform at the office. I was set up with a schedule. I was put through their training course for 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HSS (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to their office, filled out a questionnaire and spoke with the old program manager. It was a pretty simple and stress free process. He explained a few other things about the contract and some other positions they have. The whole process was fairly quick and easy. They were interviewing a lot of other people at the time so I did have to wait past my scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to look professional?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HSS.

Interview

Was interviewed by who was to be my direct supervisor after an interview with corporate. Interview in both cases was very laid back and casual, with a lot of questions you'd expect in a security position, mostly revolving around how well you deal with people.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle difficult situations, especially in a costumer service environment?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HSS.

Interview

Aoolied online got called for phone i terview then was told to come in for face to face interview got offered position toik it then was told to do health screening for eyes ears drug test and background check waited on background when it came i then went to do my fingerprinting and had to wait on that to come back then went and got my badge then uniform after that started 3 day training