Halfaker and Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview and in-person interview. I was told that by the recruiter that during the phone interview I was too loud, but hey loved me during the in-person interview. I was also told my two immediate supervisors were loud and did not want to hire someone that was also loud. I have never been told that they do not want to hire someone like the boss. I was told by the recruiter I was not selected. About 5 days later the recruiter called and told me that the first choice fell through and I am now the first choice, but they want to do another interview with me on the phone and I need to be quieter, which I guess meant not talk on the phone. These people are so unprofessional. I am a disabled veteran and figured since the owner is a disabled veteran I would be treated better. I decided not to speak to them on the phone again and withdrew my name from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in Human Resources.   1 Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates.

Interview

I was contacted about the position in September 2016. The recruiter was interested in setting up a 15 min phone interview. However, he never responded to my emails. I think the recruiter sets the tone for the company culture and this experience was not a very good feel for the company. I do not want to bash the company, as I am sure it is a great company. However, a response is the right way to conduct business.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any availability today for a quick 10-15 minute phone call to discuss the opportunity?   Answer Question

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearneysville, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates (Kearneysville, WV) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial contact and interview scheduling with a Technical Recruiter from the company. Technical Recruiter was very helpful in providing information and coordination. Phone interview performed with the Project Manager and Information Assurance/ Security Specialist.

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates.

Interview

Standard for Analyst roles. They call you, ask you a few questions. Tell you that you would make a great fit for the position based on your resume. You respond positively and then it's submitted. Client interview is set up then you answer a couple of questions

Watch Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and thorough. I was offered the job with only a phone interview, as I lived multiple states away when I took the job with Halfaker. I was pretty impressed.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Did several phone interviews, which mainly involved free-form discussion with open-ended questions about the specific project to be done.

I'm writing this sentence in order to get my response to 30 words.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the recruiter and company program manager to discuss the position. We discussed the client needs and what was expected in the role. Once it was determined that I was selected as a candidate, I interviewed with the company program manager and the client at the client site.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with supervisor and then an in person interview with supervisor. Everyone I encountered throughout the interview process was extremely friendly and professional. They did a great job explaining the company culture and communicating the expectations of the role while answering all of my questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates (Arlington, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Traditional interview with staff Recruiter, then with the Senior Program Manager I'd be working for; standard review of your experience/education/certifications/accomplishments, and your experience/knowledge related to the job; then a few odd-ball questions just to see how you think/reason. 30-minutes or so in length, no big deal, just be sure you:

- Research the company; it's founder, Dawn Halfaker; company values and key services, etc. (you will be asked what you know about the company... if it's a PM or above position, and you don't know anything about it, you will NOT get the job)

- Research the contract/client agency that you'd be contracted to; and if possible, research the specific project or effort

- Bone-up on ALL of the skills on the job description; that is, do NOT say, "I don't know what that is"... for crying out loud, if it's on the job description, study-up on it so that you can at least speak intelligently about it

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Halfaker and Associates (Arlington, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

2 interviews and writing sample.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. I put a number out and they accepted.