Hargreaves Lansdown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hargreaves Lansdown Interview Questions

Interviews at Hargreaves Lansdown

2.9

PHP Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown.

Interview

One two hour interview with a simple programming component. The face to face interview was with two developers and lasts around an hour, very few technically challenging questions were asked. You're left with an old laptop in a room for an hour with challenges below and they come back and review.

Interview Questions

• Programming Component: How do you prevent XSS/SQL injection on a simple example   1 Answer
    • Programming Component: How do you tell if a string is a palindrome   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Relaxed
    You feel that you are part of the company already.
    With showing around the headquarters.
    They asked question according to what you have put in your cv and covering letter.
    THEY didnt get back to you if u have failed the accessment centre

Interview Questions

Hargreaves Lansdown Response

Mar 21, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback about your experience of applying for a role within our Marketing Department.

It is good to read that you felt you were made to feel as though you were part of the... More

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

45 minute phone conversation, informative. 1 hour face to face interview followed, although never any confirmation of this. Had to call the morning of the interview to confirm if it were going ahead. There was also no feedback, the current incumbent in the role got my name wrong on two occasions and also suggested I wouldn't be able to commit to the hours due to my current role offering me flexible working.

Interview Questions

Hargreaves Lansdown Response

Jul 31, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your interest in working at Hargreaves Lansdown. I am glad that you had the opportunity to have an informative telephone interview and to attend a face to face interview. I am sorry to... More

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Short telephone interview
    Face to face second interview - panel with aptitude test
    Very quick acknowledgment of application and decision to interview after receipt of CV
    Quick decision after interview, but decision was not transmitted successfully

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about work that is sometimes repetitive?   Answer Question

Helpdesk Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Arrived -> presentation -> -> 'tell us a fun fact about yourself' -> teambuilding exercise -> maths and writing test -> interview with mix of questions, some situational ones 'if you had an angry customer, how would you react?' and some competency ones

Interview Questions

Hargreaves Lansdown Response

Apr 24, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience as a candidate. We always consider it important to get a balance between candidates getting the opportunity to learn more about our... More

Dealer Interview

Interview

Chat, with maths tests. Nice people and intereting chat, tests not too difficult and were very suitable for the role. Nice offices, well located in Bristol with nice glass windows all round.

Equity Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

This was for placement year in uni, telephone interview first and then went in for an interview. Was held with 3 of the staff, dealing desk manager, back office manager and another senior on the dealing desk manager. just asked questions on CV and previous experience. Were looking for a suitable candidate that had previously done a similar role as it was for my placement year as an equity dealer.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown in December 2016.

Interview

They didn't have my CV they switch CV with a person with a similar name it was very awkward.
    Had to make an test and no one told me that after that went to the interview and person who was interviewing me was very strange like it was their against their wheel.

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The process took three weeks and I interviewed with two people. Simple questions. They gave me a test at the end (maths and percentage calculations). Unfortunately, I haven't heard back after more than one month.

Interview Questions

• Why you're a good fit for the job?   1 Answer

Feb 5, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to review our recruitment process – it’s great to see that you felt that you had a positive experience with us.

We aim to give feedback following interviews as soon... More

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

I arrived at the office and was greeted by one of the two interviewers who would be doing my interview that day. He was very friendly and did a small tour of the office (pointing out what levels hosted different departments) in the beautiful office building in Bristol city centre. I met with another team leader who was also interviewing me. The first interviewer asked the questions, while the other person took notes. The interview was fairly laid-back and both of my interviewers were very friendly and engaging. There were some basic questions about work experience, why are you looking for a new job, etc., and then some more scenario-based questions to get an idea of how you react to things. After the questions, there was a very small spelling/grammar test, and a basic mathematics test, which I was allowed to use a calculator for. These were very basic although I definitely got some of the maths answers wrong, I realised that on my way home! I was then allowed to ask any questions I needed to. After the interview, the other interviewer walked me back down to the entrance, pointed out her team and gave a little bit more information about the building again. I received a phone call later that day regarding the outcome of my interview. Overall I have had an extremely positive experience of Hargreaves Lansdown so far. In particular the recruitment and HR team have all been extremely kind, helpful, and very friendly - real ambassadors to the company. Everyone made me feel very comfortable and welcome in person as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement, in work or personal life?   Answer Question
    • You come back to your desk after taking minutes at a meeting, and need to transcribe the minutes. As soon as you get back, you have a letter stamped 'Urgent' on your desk, an email marked 'Urgent' just popped into your inbox, your phone is ringing, and you have your colleague tapping you on your shoulder. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you've gone above and beyond the call of duty in your job.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you are asked a query by a client but you have no way of getting the answer right away?   Answer Question