Hargreaves Lansdown Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hargreaves Lansdown

2.9

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with team lead, then F2F interview with UX team leads. Everyone was nice and I really liked this place - I didn't make it to the final round but the team lead is a nice person!

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Application
    Online Test
    Assessment Centre - 9.00-6.00, Morning involves Group exercise, presentation, numerical and Literacy tests. The group is reduced after lunch and those who go through will then have an hour interview with previous graduates.
    Final Interview

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview Questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

First there was a screening interview with HR. Which progressed quickly to a face to face interview with a senior PM and Program manager. This followed a standard interview format, which had standard interview questions on it. It was fairly informal and provided plenty of opportunity to chat about work place culture etc.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

The first step was working in a group in order to break the ice and then math test, writing test, interview one to one where they asked me questions in general.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job, why do you want to work with us and what do you think about this company.   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Filled in lengthy application form online, which included cover letter and three questions.

I found the assessment centre to be one of the most unprofessional I've attended.

- Firstly, never were travel costs mentioned or offered to be reimbursed, despite attending from over 100 miles away.

- The first exercise was a group discussion, of twelve people- quite a lot really. Half of these also already worked for HL, so you immediately feel at a disadvantage. However, only three people were marking the exercise, so one person was marking four people! How on earth that is possible to do correctly, I don't know.

- Halfway through the day half of attendees are sent home, which is fine but it means you only get an interview if you're lucky enough to stand in the group exercise\presentations. Surely it's difficult to find out much about a candidate from these, an interview is obviously the best way to learn if someone has the skill set and knowledge for the role.

- The day is put on entirely by graduates. I found this bizzare, what do they know about recruitment and spotting talent. They've only been at the company a year themselves.

- There are much better wealth management firms to work for, if this is the way they handle you from your first introductions god knows what it's like to actually work for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Hargreaves Lansdown will have the edge on its competitors?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

Lots of competency-based questions, with numerous different scenarios and situations given that required examples to show you fit the key competencies and values of the company. It is important to consider examples from previous jobs before interviewing here - there are lots of questions online to help with this.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Technical project (news app using Guardian API), followed by an in-person interview then a technical phone interview. Waited one week between submitting the project and being asked for an interview, two days between the in-person and the phone interview. For the phone interview, I was explicitly told it would be very relaxed as they wanted to get to know my character as a person, but instead the second it started I was thrown difficult technical questions that I had not been told to prepare for, and was made to feel stupid when I stumbled or didn't know enough detail on answers.

Was told I would find out if I had got it in days but they took THREE WEEKS to give any response, claiming they needed to sign off any hiring decisions through someone higher up who was on holiday (very strongly hinting that it would be a positive response). Each week I got told I'd hear a response in a few days. Then after over three weeks of constantly telling me it'd only be a few days, they rejected me and said they went for someone else and wouldn't give me any more feedback or explain why it took so long for a rejection. Terrible. Obviously, they had offered the job to someone else and was waiting to hear if they accepted it or not, but lying to a candidate to tell them that someone who signed off all decisions was on holiday, heavily implying to them the offer would be made and they would have a job is terrible etiquette. I'd much prefer to be told they had offered the position to someone else but they hadn't accepted it yet, and they'd get back to me when they do, instead of being made to feel DISRESPECTED & LIED TO. Will never apply again and strongly advise all others to avoid this company and their time-wasting ways, and never trust that the interview will be remotely like they tell you it will be as obviously they have no problem deliberately having a person come into an interview underprepared to ridicule them.

Interview Questions

• Definition of various technical terms and more situational questions to gauge how you would react to working there.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown.

Interview

Team building exercise, followed by some maths and English tests then individual interview for each person. Got the job offer hours after having finished the interview and started 2 weeks after as the references took quite a long time.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown.

Interview

First interview was fine and completely what I would have expected. Second interview I found one of the interviewers had not even read my CV properly and was smirking at me while I provided answers to his questions that were designed to undermine me - very old school way of interviewing. Towards the end he was downright rude and there was a very corporate feel to the whole thing, which is a shame.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hargreaves Lansdown (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was a fairly standard telephone interview followed by a face-to-face.

The telephone interview was primarily about my background/CV. The face-to-face was much more fleshed out, covering both aspects from my CV and technical scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you attack Hargreaves Lansdown?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Hargreaves Lansdown?   1 Answer