Harris Williams & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well. It was with an HR representative who asked me basic candidate questions and was overall really nice. She went over my work history and also explained a lot to me about the company, its goals, what it likes to see in its employees and the overall atmosphere.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred via a recruiter. I first met with the head of HR who is based out of VA. She flew in to Boston for this interviews. They were looking to hire an EA for a Partner who was known for being difficult. The HR rep was extremely open about his demands, which I very much appreciated. We had more of a conversation than an interview. I was called back for a second round which I accepted. I was excited for the interview. Unfortunately my recruiter called the morning of the interview to tell me they had gone with someone else, but there was another position I could interview for. I declined. I found this unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth!

Interview Questions

• If your boss left a pair of golf clubs at curbside check-in at the airport, and had already boarded his / her plane, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was first an on-campus recruitment followed by super day. Accommodated schedule nicely and everyone wanted to mainly know about me rather than technical skills. Some of the interviews during the final round are two-on-one while others were one-on-one. The final interview was actually coffee with an analyst instead of a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: walk me through how all three of the financial statements are connected   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co..

Interview

Standard IB associate questions and case study. Super day with a combination of associates, VPs, directors and MDs. On campus interview to screen candidates - mostly focused on personality with some accounting and valuation questions included.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a valuation   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fine. No negotiation on salary or bonus

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I have a recruiter with Ranstad and she got me in touch with this company. I had a crazy work week coming up so she did all of the scheduling and the calling back and forth between the company and myself to help facilitate the interview and that helped me a lot. Someone called me from Harris Williams and it was semi formal and semi relaxed while talking to her. She explained the position and duties to be preformed and what the future would hold for this role. We got into the questions about myself and then go into how long it would take to hear back from them about a decision. I didn't accept an offer because they went with another candidate but they liked me enough that Im going on another interview with another department within the firm. Good quality from a company so far.

Interview Questions

• What are my biggest strengths/weaknesses?
      What kind of environment do you like to work in?
      Do you like a fast paced environment?
      How I handled being an athlete while still managing school work?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I met them through the on campus recruiting. Meeting the interviewers before hand really helped and made the interview very comfortable. Going to the information session (if they have that at your school) is a must. The people are very friendly though and will make you feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (Richmond, VA).

Interview

No really crazy questions but I was very annoyed at the fact that my friend wasn't asked a single question and was invited to the superday - they talked about tennis the whole time. My friend wasn't even asked for his "story." Seriously if you already knew who you wanted don't waste my time inviting me for an interview just as a formality. I'm glad my friend got the superday, but seriously it was very unprofessional of them to do what they did.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities you think would be good for a position like this?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co..

Interview

The interview was very straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. They focused more on the qualitative aspects of investment banking than technicals. I had a first round interview on-campus and the only negative experience is that I have reached out to HR several times because I have not heard back about next steps or a rejection and they have not found the time to respond.

Interview Questions

• What types of companies would want to acquire a chair company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus first round interview. The interview seemed very easy. If you study for IB interviews, this one is as standard as it gets. One brain teaser but it was simple. 2 on 1 format.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Williams & Co. in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard first round analyst interview. Nothing tricky at all. Standard technical questions, no curve balls. Mostly just behavioral and fit type questions. Seemed to go very well. I was rather surprised when I was informed 2 weeks later that they wouldn't be proceeding with my application. It was the first bank that I applied to that didn't give me an offer. Seems to be a decent amount of nepotism that results in some interesting candidates receiving offers. Not the kind of nepotism that gets you an interview which I don't have a problem with at all, but the kind that can be pretty upsetting. "Peanut," the recruiter, is very nice and gives great feedback if you ask her for it.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 ways to value a company, and when would you use each one?
      Between an LBO and a DCF, which method is going to usually lead to a high valuation and why?   Answer Question