Harte Hanks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Texarkana, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was okay. But I didn't expect for it to be that short and using scenarios to interview me. Overall, it was easy and pretty settled. I rate it a 10

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a series of 4 interviews with 11 people. They do an interview style of multiple people interviewing you at once.

I would take a hard look at this company. The are in financial peril currently. They have been served notice that if they don't get their stock price above $1 for 30 consecutive days they will be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange (making it nearly impossible to get access to credit).

They don't have the cash to do a stock buyback and they really do not have any assets beyond their call centers and fulfillment operations. So the likelihood of them being acquired is minimal.

Their strategy is to become an ad agency and mar tech solution provider. They are trying to position themselves against Accenture, Deliotte, PWC and every digital/traditional ad agency. I don't think that is a great strategy.

The senior leadership is trying to do something to turn the company around and that is commendable, but I don't think it is the right direction. They are pushing the "5 Pillars," which if you read are nothing more than common sense and just about everyone does it.

I would think very hard before taking a job there or interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How does your background fit this position? What do you know about Harte Hanks? Pretty basic questions overall.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with 3 different team leaders. Did a very simple computer test and a typing test. Was given a job offer the same day I came in to interview. Friendly HR staff

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this job?   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

My interview process happened during a company job fair. It went fairly quickly and the questions were fairly basic. They are looking for someone who can handle being in a call center environment. Be empathetic and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Software Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy and simple. I first met with the recruiter who went through the available positions and what they required. I then took an assessment testing my skill level for the position. Finally I had an interview with the manager. It was very relaxed and easy, the staff was super friendly as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to teach someone to do something on a computer.   Answer Question

Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I walked in to what i thought was an open house, and was taken to a computer and was doing testing and after that was immediately sent in for an interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle working with someone that I don't like on my team   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks in October 2016.

Interview

I had 4 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews on 2 different days. The interview was not overly technical and it was more situational. I met with several different people on my team and even 1 person that was not on my team. That seemed more like a culture fit check than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation you had to say no to a client and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked questions about my skills and experience, received a description of the position, and learned about the company culture and available benefits. I was given a brief tour of the office, parking areas, break rooms, and sanitary facilities. I was asked a few questions about my personal life, such as how long have I lived in the area, and how long I plan to stay.

Interview Questions

• Have I had experience in sales, call center, and computer use?   1 Answer

FedEx French DotCom Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX).

Interview

easy! they need French speakers if yiour English is good enough. The interviewer is a French speaker from Algeria but she is the team lead be always on her side otherwise you will have a terrible days ahead

Interview Questions

• they want just to hear your French to determine that you speak it.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks.

Interview

Good HR liaison, smooth and simple interview process, complete process went quickly and didn't feel like they we're leading me on or jerking me sound. Salary negotiation also well handled and easy.