Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions

Interviews at Hawaiian Airlines

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a month later for an interview with a recruiter. Following that interview, I was scheduled for another one with the hiring manager a week later. Both times were via video chat. I heard back about an offer about two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied in December of 2019 - Got an email that same month for the interviews taking place in January!
    1st Interview: As soon as you walk in you get placed in a holding area with other Candidates. Make sure you’re smiling and holding yourselves to a high standard! Other employees are watching. They then take you to do reach test to make sure you can reach the minimum height. Ask for tattoos.
     If you pass this , you’re on your way to the first interview. Which, you get split into groups, I had about 8+ people and with a panel of 3 employees. Wonderful experience. You first FOLLOW directions and state your name, and number on the paper they give you. They ask you three questions... my interview they asked me about HOOKIPA and a time I served great customer service, the next question was about Lokahi, how a disagreement came about in your working day and how you collaborated with that person who disagreed with you. Another Question was about what Aloha meant to us.
    After the questions they ask you to STAND UP one by one by order State your name and Number then read the “inflight announcement” MAKE SURE YOURE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS TO WHAT THEY SAY! Then you’re done and wait that day for the interview to get invited back which I did (Thank god) lol

2nd Interview: Group Interview Day!
    This interview splits you up into a larger group, I had about 20+ people in our group... we then have about 8 interviewees taking notes, watching our moves, what we say... etc.. they each gave us a piece of paper with a number on it and are told to keep it face down... they then just told us that they know we aren’t flight attendants and don’t know the FAA rules however, they just want to see our customer experience and how we would handle the situations that would be described on the paper we have flipped over... this being said, the wonderful lady asks us to each , State your name and number and then read it to yourself and then read it out loud... ABOUT HALF OF THE ROOM DID NOT DO THIS!! LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS...... when it came my turn I stated my name and number and then read it to myself and then out loud. The question is a service question like if you were in flight... ex:) my question was if you’re going to be late to my flight and a guest in the airport that is not flying with Hawaiian Airlines asks for directions through the airport to their gate but you are running late to your gate? What do you do? I basically said as a representative of Hawaiian airlines and that we represent a culture of Aloha no matter a guest of ours or not we hold ourselves to a higher standard and yeah!!! Which is true.
    They then split you into little groups and then give you a scenario that would happen in flight and then AS A TEAM you figure out what we would do... we then pick people to be speakers to the front of the room to speak and it was awesome.. people in my group and everyone else were very supportive of each other and that is what they’re looking for ... REMEMEBR the interviewees are walking around taking notes so don’t be bossy or assertive and a “know it all” work as a team and support your team.

Interview 3 : ONE ON ONE
    This interview was very positive. This is where you sell yourself. Friends, if you made it this far congratulate yourself! You made it! So now, what you want to do is get good letters of recommendations and your resume updated. Come in with a smile! Gentlemen, WEAR A SUIT NOT ALOHA SHIRT .... anyways, there will be 2 interviewees (at least for me) and they will go over your resume and ask you questions like why does this make you a great flight attendant ... they ask A LOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT PERSISTENCE TO SEE IFBYOURE A RIGHT FIT AND NOT LYING ... JUST STUDY QUESTIONS LIKE ‘ TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CAREER’ tell us a time where you disagreed with a co worker and things like that and you will be fine.. the interview lasted about 25 minutes.

The next day I got a phone call and got my Conditional job offer and got invited to training!!! I hope this helps just make sure you study questions, watch YouTube videos , study the VALUES of HOOKIPA, MALAMA, LOKAHI, POOKELA and try to throw those words in your answers that’s what I did for every interview and they will love you I guarantee it. Be sincere and authentic. Most importantly be unselfish and not a “know it all” and strive for the Aloha Spirit and I guarantee you they will Love you!!! Guarantee it. SMILE

Interview Questions

• HOOKIPA is one of the large values we uphold here at Hawaiian Airlines, meaning Hospitality, Please give us a time where you used HOOKIPA in your career and provided great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I went to all three interviews and they were all different. The first interview was about your past and current work experience. The second interview was a group interview where they gave you different scenarios that could happen aboard the plane and you have to decide what to do as a group. The third interview was more about your personality and history.

Interview Questions

• If someone was using an e-cigarette after being told repeatedly to stop, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email invite to the interview in Honolulu. You pay for all expenses. The interview process started on a Saturday and ended on a Tuesday. Keep in mind that there are MANY other applicants who are also invited. Possibly around 300. I heard from another person that one year was way much more. Who knows the exact amount of people who get invited and get an offer. The chances seem slim and makes you wonder if they recognize all the effort, time, and great amount of money those who are out-of-state put in this process. If you are out of state, carefully consider how much you have to put in this process to possibly get cut the first round. If I had known there were this many people, I wouldn’t have wasted my time and money even with my extensive customer service experience. This would be a great opportunity for Hawaiian Airlines to increase flight sales to invite as many out-of-state applicants.

Interview Questions

• How did you use ho’okipa in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

International Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in January 2020.

Interview

Hawaiian Airlines had a 3 part interview. We were separated by language groups while we were waiting for the panel to get ready. We were then escorted with our groups to different parts of the corporate headquarters to do our part 1 which is the panel interview. The interview has changed since last I heard so I was not invited back for the next phase which is the group interview. Following the group interview which would have taken place the next day, part 3 would have started to take place a couple days later and it consists of an individual interview, which is then followed by a 45-minute language assessment over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How have you shown Ho'okipa in a workplace surrounding?   Answer Question
    • Lokahi means collaboration, tell us a time when you and a coworker did not show Lokahi and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • I will read you an announcement and you will translate that announcement in Korean.   Answer Question
    • Read the provided cue card in both English and Korean.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

It was a standard phone screening by an internal Human Resources person and the questions were about my work background but framed in a way that pertained to the position they were asking about. The interview began with broad questions about my work background but got specific as the interview progressed based on the answers I gave. It was clear the interviewer was possibly looking for examples that might pique the team's interest.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you and your team are trying to solve in your current position of work? And how are you working to solve it?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

1) some on called for phone interview, gave certain times and date. Following week someone called for about30 min phone interview. Ask few questions why u want to work for Hawaiian.
    2) On site interview, technical questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Applied online. Took two entire months to get an email back saying they were interested in talking to me. They're lucky I wasn't looking for anything else or they would have missed me. Note to HR...available software engineers don't stick around that long.

Within a few days I had a 30 minute phone interview with their HR recruiter who described the basic job and an overview of the salary benefits.

A few days later, I got an email that they wanted to do a one hour web chat interview with an IT manager. It covered basic object oriented coding questions that you get at a typical interview (What is SOLID, Do you know any design patterns, etc). He then asked me to share my computer screen and use Visual Studio to code out a solution to the string palindrome algorithm.

I thought I messed up the interview and didn't expect a call back. First interview in a few years. I was a bit rusty. They never ask the questions that one covers in real life coding.

Anyway, several days later I received an email inviting me to fly out to Honolulu for an in person interview. I was a little surprised. I got the date set for a following weekend, got the ticket and hotel info emailed to me and managed to get two days off of work without too much suspicion by my boss.

I flew out. The flight landed at 12:30pm and the interviews were to start at 2pm. Do NOT try to go to your hotel to change clothes. It is way to far away. Plus the airport is humid and there isn't a place to freshen up. I managed to find a plug to iron out a few wrinkles in my clothes. I took a taxi to the interview location (visible from the front curb of the terminal) and arrived 15 minutes prior as requested.

I was ushered past a pile of people working in a very open office environment. Aka, everyone was sitting in rows at long table desks with maybe five feet of desktop space with two monitors each. Absolutely no privacy and everyone had a little stalk attached to the top of their monitor with a colored light that indicated if they were available, in a meeting, or do not disturb (hooked up to outlook calendar). It was pretty noisy and hot in there. Not sure how I would ever concentrate working in that environment. Major red flag to be honest.

I went into a conference room that was thankfully much cooler and went through a series of interviews with a couple teams. They asked me if I was familiar with a few proprietary database and reservation systems (I wasn't...curious this wasn't sorted out before flying me all the way there). Asked me more of the typical coding questions any junior developer should know. Then asked me to whiteboard how to write the division remainder modulus function and how you would figure that out manually and then test it. That wasn't real hard to figure out. No idea how that was relevant to anything I'd ever do in real life. I decided to do it in JavaScript rather than C#. No reason other than I felt like it.

After the interview they called me a taxi to take me to the hotel in Waikiki. It was a nice location but took forever to get there in rush hour traffic. Finally made it by sundown. That was a pricey taxi ride. The hotel stay included a free dinner voucher and a free breakfast voucher at a couple nearby restaurants. The food was okay. I went to Maui Brewing Company after dinner and had a much better time.

Flight back home was the next morning. I could have stayed longer if I paid my own extra nights and food. I had somewhere to be so I didn't. The flights were nice. HA has nice airplanes. Airbus 330's are quite comfy and they serve free food, a few rounds of basic drinks, and a rum drink an hour before landing. I didn't partake of the rum on the way because it was so close to the interview but I doubt it would have mattered. It wasn't that big of a portion. Typical plastic airline cup with ice in it.

Overall a fun experience but what a convoluted process just to talk to someone. Seems rather inefficient and expensive to try to impress candidates. They said they had a stock bonus as part of the compensation but with the stock price cutting in half the past year or so I wasn't holding my breath that was going to amount to much.

The other interview comments on Glass Door about the process were right on track.

The next week I got the typical boilerplate email that said "After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you were not selected for the position. Although we were unable to consider you at this time, we invite you to apply with us again in the future. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Hawaiian Airlines."

No feedback whatsoever after all that hoop jumping. If you want a free trip to Hawaii apply for a job and maybe you'll get to go in a few months. Personally I think it's easier to sign up for a timeshare presentation and get free Disney World tickets if travel is your motivation.

Interview Questions

• Solve the algorithm for palindromes. Create a function to get the remainder of a division problem (The % operator but do it manually).   1 Answer

IT Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

Basic questions about my resume and what I did. Asked simple technical questions in Java, wasn't too hard. There were also some behavioral questions to see what you're like as a person.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in November 2019.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 applicants and 3 interviewers. They will ask you 2 questions to applicants took a turn and answer. Then reading announcements. For bilingual, you need to do both interpretation and reading announcements in both languages

Interview Questions

• How did you show your hookipa in your current or past job?
      Tell me about your stressful moment at work and how did you manage it?   1 Answer