Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Aircraft Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in July 2010.

Interview

The process was fun, friendly, and informal. I had the opportunity to meet many people throughout the building with which I would soon be calling my colleagues.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negociate a slightly higher salary.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in June 2016.

Interview

Initially you get a call from an HR re wanting to schedule an interview. Afterwards you get a call at the schedueld time and date right on the dot which i found impressive. The first interview is with another HR rep. They go over your resume, ask what experience you have and really want to know if it will be affordable for you and your family to move there (if you have one). Afterwards, if they decide to go further in the interview process, they will fly you to Honolulu! That whole process took around 2 weeks time. I got some of my flight booking scheduled, I live in Texas, I received my flight info from LAX to Honolulu but never received the booking info from Texas to California or my hotel booking conformation. I was informed but not confirmed that i will be flying out on a Sunday, interviewing Monday, and flying back Tuesday. Everything was done by email by the way. Needless to say I never got to Honolulu since HR departments are usually closed on weekends and i could not get ahold of anybody to resend or forward the confirmations. I called the original HR rep that monday and she was not as calm and collected as before and told me that they had sent the info on Friday and said, "thats strange you never received it. Let me talk to someone and call you back." About 10 minutes later i received a call from the HR rep that I had my first interview with and was informed that everything looked good on there end and its unfortunate that I never received my information but the interview process will be closing that day and I will not be able to interview and to just check back and reapply later, IF they have another training class later. Needless to say, what was suppose to be a wonderful oppurtunity and experience turned into a major disappointment. I feel the situation was handled unprofessionally and all the blame for me not receiving an email conformation was put on me, even though i received every email and the booking information to and from LAX and Honolulu prior.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

Once you submit your resume, in one week an HR rep will call you scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasts 30 minutes and if you are offered into the next phase they will let you know. Then you're off to Hawaii!

The face to face is a board interview with the maintenance managers. They will go over you're resume and skills. They will ask technical data relating to aviation maintenance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in September 2017.

Interview

After I applied through online, I waited a month to get reply, it was 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. First phone interview was for behavioral interview and second one for technical interview with their maintenance manager. I did not selected for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your resume.   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about hawaiian airlines?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Phone screen from HR followed by computer based test in maths, logic and critical thinking. Then couple rounds of interviews, mostly case interviews with behavioral interview questions. I had to wait for weeks for next round interviews. For one position, besides the director and VP, another analyst joined the interview asking all sorts of technical questions to make sure you didn't boast your skills in the resume.

Interview Questions

• They just threw a business case at you with some information and ask you if it is a good decision. You need to ask them more questions to identify the real question. They just wanted to see the way you think and how organized and logical you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation. It was either take it or leave it.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a (2) thirty minute job interviews. One with HR and the other with my current boss. Then I had three in person interviews with future co-workers and management.

Interview Questions

• If I had an unsatisfied customer, how would I deal with it?   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in December 2015.

Interview

Quick to respond and the entire process took only a few weeks. Interviewers were professional and knowledgeable. Seems like a top tier organization gauging from the in-depth conversations we had around their current state and future state goals.

Interview tips: Go in being a Hawaii fanatic! Take some time to learn this companies history which is pretty cool.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hawaiian Airlines?
      Standard technical screen questions.
      Standard people management questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in January 2014.

Interview

Interview went well and was awesome experience. I learned a lot from the interview experience. questions were not tough. you can do it i believe in you go team go

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in October 2014.

Interview

First interview with HR to go through resume. Basic questions asked, followed by Skype with hiring manager. Be prepared with salary requirements and answers to common interview questions and review job posting to have examples how you have done those things.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in August 2013.

Interview

Received an email from a corporate recruiter in response to an online application (1-week) to set up a first interview via Skype. Standard behavioral based (STAR) interview, no surprises. Helped that I had current employee referral. I did not complete the process since the salary range was below my target. Very professional recruitment process and easy to work with people.