Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Computer, panel, group and individual interviews. Must be authentic, look professional, truly possess the aloha spirit and provide resume. My best advice is to be yourself and be humble.

Interview Questions

• How many days is it acceptable to call in sick?   2 Answers

Customer Service Pool Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

I had a group interview with a panel. If you pass the panel then you are invited back to have a one on one interview. You are also required to take a typing test.

Interview Questions

• They had us work at a table and prioritize situations of what could happen on the airplane or in the airport. After that, we had to discuss between our group as they watched and took notes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was 3 days long
    first day was panel interview. if you passed then you get to go to the group interview on day 2.
    if you passed the group interview then you go to the one on one interview on day 3.

they can certainly consolidated into 1 day since each day's activities only lasted 1 to 1 1/2 hours to help candidates save on hotel cost etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a passenger smokes his e-cig on the planes and generates a lot of smoke and bothering people around   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

Screening phone interview. The interviewer made me feel at ease, allowed me to talk, didn't feel rushed or perplex by any of the questions. Disappointed that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

2 interviews: 1st group interview- they want to see how you work as a team and what customer service means to you. If you they like you they will email your 2nd interview. They will have 2 interviewers asking questions. Bring resumes.

Will receive email if they like you for pre employment session following week.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was a single interview then a group interview and after that, was a panel interview. Just make sure you stand out and socialize as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding my language skill-Korean   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in July 2017.

Interview

A lot of people and not very much spots. They ask you 3 questions and 1 announcement. Very very stressful but it was exciting. They gather everyone for the time slot they have chosen in a cafeteria. Than you are sectioned off in groups. Panel consists of 3 Hawaiian Airlines employees and in your group there is 4-5 people total. Fast questions and interview alone was fast. What are they looking for?

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a passenger that keeps ringing the call button for a flight attendant and the passenger is doing it on purpose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were 5,000 applicants and just over 800 were invited to the first interview day. After checking in, you were given a group number on your name tag and brought into a large room where other employees basically watched how you interacted with the other applicants. I believe this was a major role in the process as we were here for approx 45min. Then we were taken to a small interview room with our group, consisting of 7 applicants. Standard behavior questions but was challenging answering in only one minute. There were 3 questions total and it was over. Nothing like "tell us about yourself", etc. You find out that evening if you make it to round two, which is the following day.
    Only 240 were invited to round 2. Same thing, broken into groups after mingling. Make sure to talk with the flight attendants and ask questions! This group was larger. Another question having to do with "in-flight" scenario then a group activity. That's it. Went quickly and I'm not sure how they even get to know anyone which is why I think the mingling aspect is so important. You spend the most amount of time during your process doing this.
    The third round is a one on one interview, which I did not make. Not sure how many progressed.
    Overall, it was a great experience meeting new people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

3 person panel interview. 3 questions recommend answer with STAR method. 1 Situational question. and Read out loud announcement.

Second day group activity.

Third meeting - one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• If a young boy lost his Ipad and thinks passenger next to him stole it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

Interview

800 people were interviewed on May 6th, to start the hiring process at the corporate headquarters. My scheduled time was 9:45 am. Upon arriving, we were greeted and given name badges. We were then escorted to the cafeteria and put in groups. I came a little bit early, so I had time to chat with the fellow interviewees. There was probably a couple of hundred people in the cafeteria at that point. We were given a pep talk. Then taken to do a reach assessment.
    We were put in groups of 6 and lead to a panel interview with three interviewers. In the panel interview, we were each asked three questions total. The panel wrote notes; you had 1 minute and 30 seconds to respond. That was the end of the first interview. You would find out if you were selected to continue the following day by 5:00 pm. I did not hear until after 5:00 that I was not selected to continue on Sunday. Most everyone I met was from the Island. You were responsible for your airfare to the interview.

Interview Questions

• You are working the first class section, and a high profile politician is watching an in-flight movie and making a lot of noise laughing. He is disturbing the comfort of those around him. How would you respond?   Answer Question