Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 166 of over 166 interviews

In Person3%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Hawaiian Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines

Interview

I first did an interview over the phone. It was a little less than 30 minutes. I then did a group interview over Microsoft teams (bc of the pandemic) that was about an hour long. Then I did a third interview in person

Interview Questions
  • A guest appears at the gate late; you just closed the door on the plane. The guest demands you to let her on the flight. What will you do?
    Answer Question
  • You are assisting a guest at the check-in kiosk. He shares that he is flying on us today and is unable to check-in. You notice his flight is for tomorrow and today’s flight is full. He insists on flying out today because he has an important function to attend. What will you do?
  • [Yesterday 2:16 PM] Bergan, Janice (Guest) While working at the gate, you notice a group of guests getting out of hand and making inappropriate comments about other guests. The other guests in the gate area look visibly disturbed. What will you do?
2 people found this interview helpful

Hawaiian Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter. The second interview was a two hour technical interview with a mix of technical and behavioral questions, with more emphasis on technical questions. Along with knowledge questions, the technical interview has a coding exercise that you can do with a language of your choice in any IDE or code editor.

Interview Questions
  • Function to return the largest number in an array Why Hawaiian Airlines? Expected to talk about projects, internships, relevant experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had an initial screener interview with a recruiter. Next, I had an interview with an HR representative. This was followed by an interview the the hiring manager. All of the people were very professional and thoughtful. Although I ultimately did not receive an offer, the HR representative sent me a personal note letting me know of the decision. I appreciated her thoughtfulness. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • How would you measure the impact of a potential new ancillary revenue initiative?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Completed a phone screen with HR, during Phone Screen HR sent an invitation for the interview. After reading all glassdoor reviews I thought the interview will be all about coding. I have revised all Data structures. Coding interview questions. But everything went with simple behavioral questions. Other than One Question, Everything about the previous job and project. I haven't fully prepared for Behavioral so self ruin.

Interview Questions
  • SQL Query and remaining all are behavioral questions. General interview Behavioral questions you will find in google.

Hawaiian Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. The interviewer emailed me and we scheduled an interview time that worked best for me. The interviewer called me at the specified time and made the interview relaxed.

Interview Questions
  • What was your favorite project you have worked on in your classes?

Hawaiian Airlines

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines in Feb 2021

Interview

First interview was a call with an executive recruiter. Second interview was an online face to face meeting with mentors of the respective area that was chosen in the application process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in Jan 2021

Interview

I was reached out by one of Hawaiian Airlines recruiter almost 2.5 months after my initial application. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who described the company, the position and the interview process. She specifically mentioned that the interview process is quick and that they are trying to hire someone to the available role as soon as possible. My second interview was with two mid/senior level Software Engineers who asked me lots of technical questions including but not limited to concepts of OOP, Data Structures, and scenario based questions. I was invited to the third round of interviews and this time I was scheduled to have 1 hour interview with the technical team and and 1 hour interview with the hiring managers. Both of these interviews went well and consisted mostly of technical questions and only one coding challenge. I thought I did really well in the interview process but what really made me dislike the company was the lack of communication after the interview. The recruiter totally ghosted me, not responding to a single of my queries. After 6 weeks, I still have not hear anything back. It was almost like they decided to completely ignore me. I think if anyone dedicates 3-4 hours of their time interviewing for any company, the least they deserve is a simple email updating them on the status. The fact that they disrespect job-seekers by not communicating with them is a big red flag for me. Maybe others have had different experience with Hawaiian Airlines but from what I experienced I would advise you to stay away from this company.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Hawaiian Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines

Interview

Really slow process, only had a phone interview and then heard back 2-3 weeks later getting rejected with a generic email. It was pretty disappointing because the recruiting process wasn’t very clear. I wish there was a better timeline so I didn’t feel like I wasted my time waiting to hear back from them for over two weeks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hawaiian Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines

Interview

Had a phone screening with a recruiter to gauge personality, then an in-person meeting with a Software Developer Manager to go over some quick coding problems, and if you pass that, then you meet with 4 other developers or managers and you do some more technical challenges. Once all of that is good, you get an offer.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in Dec 2020

Interview

Four rounds of interviews via video conference call. No skills assessment with recommendations. Basic industry assessment questions specific to entry level position. Interviewed with two managing directors and two directors along with team panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a typical powerplant contract structure and how you would handle negotiations.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 166 Interviews