Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

3 person panel interview. 3 questions recommend answer with STAR method. 1 Situational question. and Read out loud announcement.

Second day group activity.

Third meeting - one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• If a young boy lost his Ipad and thinks passenger next to him stole it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

First panel interview process went pretty quick. Once you get there they have you do a reach test, then you're placed in a room where 2 FA explains a little bit of the company, then you're are divided into groups of 3-4 and have a panel interview. Once that's done, they let you know that an email will be sent if you make it to the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on September 21, 2016. I received an email on December 8, 2016 inviting me to schedule for a panel interview on January 7, 2017.

Arrived at the Headquarters 15 minutes prior to my interview time to allow for check-in. First was the reach test to see if you can reach up to 82 inches without shoes on. The person who conducted the reach test went over a few questions and then we were seated in a room across the hall. In the room were a few HA flight attendants answering any questions and trying to ease everyone's nerves. Once everyone finished their reach test, we were separated by group (there was a number on our name tags) and then we headed to our panel interviews.

There were 4 people - including myself - in the panel interview, along with three interviewers. One was a lead flight attendant, another was an in-flight manager, and the last was from HR recruitment. They asked three situational questions (tell me about a time when...) pertaining to their values (Ho'okipa, Malama, etc.) and we each had about a minute to answer them. After the situational questions, we were each given a different scenario and we were asked how we would respond in the situation. Last was the read-aloud announcement.

After the panel interview, we were told that we would be receiving an email to let us know whether we would be invited back to group interviews the next day.

Unfortunately, this is as far as I got. My email said that I would be able to re-apply again after 12 months. It was a bummer but I'm glad I now have the experience so I know what to expect if I do try again. This recruitment and interview process was highly competitive, out of 500 interviewees, they were only expecting to invite about 40 people to the training class, so for me to have been invited to an interview was good enough for me...for now.

Interview Questions

• Not everyone will hold themselves accountable for their actions. Tell me about a time where you were involved in a situation like this and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were involved in a disagreement between co-workers and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were unable to satisfy a guest and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • A passenger keeps pressing the "call button" but when you go over to them, they say they didn't do it. How do you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was the reaching test. Get broken down into groups. Ask you a few questions, including customer service questions. Have you read the announcement. Second interview is group interview. Interact as a group, scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How do you use ho'okipa in your current or previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email about 1 month after the interview. They had us choose a date and time. First was the reach test and questions that pertains to employment in the USA.

Ramp Agent Interview

Interview

Two day process --- first day : group interview with 20 people. .. did team building skills to see how well you work with others
    Second day : one on one interview going over your resume

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw a co worker breaking the rules?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent "Pool" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Foster City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online.. a week later got invited to attend a group interview in Foster City but the job was either for Oakland airport or SFO. It was a small group thank God, about 10 of us. They told us a little about the job, then broke us up in groups. Be ready to stand up the whole interview.. We played a game where there were items on the table, and items on a table behind something but we couldn't see it. Then there was a looker, a runner, and the maker. Only the looker could see which had to go back and tell the runner which only the runner could tell the maker. It was just a game to see how well we worked together, while different managers from different airports took notes. Next we all got a card with different questions, couldn't look at it til it was your turn. After all that was done we were told that we would get an email before 8pm if we were invited back the next day for a interview. I was HIGHLY surprised that I didn't get invited back. Only me and one other person answered the question right on with out freezing and saying the same thing as the other person. Since I didn't get invited back I have no idea what they are looking for, guess it's not going off how well you work or answer questions.. But I can say it was fun. Have to wait 6months before you can apply again.

Interview Questions

• If you had on your Hawaiian uniform and were running late and someone asked you where a gate was from a different carrier what would you do   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines.

Interview

Once you submit your resume, in one week an HR rep will call you scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasts 30 minutes and if you are offered into the next phase they will let you know. Then you're off to Hawaii!

The face to face is a board interview with the maintenance managers. They will go over you're resume and skills. They will ask technical data relating to aviation maintenance.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Poor Interview Process
    Was in an interview the IT dept for about an hr. Did it because the unprofessional recruiter said my salary requirements fit my position. Wasted my time. They couldn't afford it and instead not contact me and reposted a Jr. position. What a sham.

Bottom line: Be careful with this company don't waste your time, make sure they are serious before going in. They pay low because they think all people want is the free trips.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaiian Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

If you want to have a successful interview with this airline you have to be a good public speaker. There are 5 managers and 20 other people in the group interview. You never sit down and get one on one time. First you play a game, with these people you've never met, where they judge you on your teamwork and communication skills. Second you draw a card out of a pile and are expected to answer it infront of everyone on the spot.

So I highly suggest practicing your public speaking skills before attending your group interview!

Interview Questions

• If a person in a wheelchair comes to you at the gate and wants to board after boarding had already started, what should you do?   3 Answers