Health Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Health Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.6

Interview

Brief phone call for background info. In person interview two days later. Had to come up with a 15 min demo class to present. Talked to the program managers for an hour afterwards.

Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

They use the behavior-based model interview method. For example, "Describe a situation in which you didn't agree with your superior. What was the situation and how did you approach your superior? Use examples". You just ALWAYS use examples.

There will be 2 interviews, and usually, a lot of very qualified, well-educated candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you knew something wasn't right, but your colleagues and supervisor didn't believe you. What was the situation? Did you go with your instincts, or did you ignore them? Use examples.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview, follow-up in person interview. Only took a few days for them to offer my the position. Paperwork between HF and my school to approve the internship terms went back and forth for a few weeks. Once that was settled, I received my offer letter the next day, and information about the background check and drug screen the day after I returned the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in corporate wellness/fitness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Richardson, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

3 interviews packed into 1. Under certain circumstances, they were looking to hire quickly so they did my basic info interview (usually would be a phone interview), in person interview and tour of facilities, and practical interview all at once time. Took estimate 90 minutes for all of it.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses? Why should I hire you? What kind of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Health Fitness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Richardson, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with generic HR-type questions, followed by in-person interview with site manager (personality, experience, fit for position) -- including practical fitness/exercise interview involving personal training/group exercise instruction knowledge and techniques resulting in sample session of each.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, what is your experience with the following: Customer service? Approachability? Personal training? Group exercise instruction? Fitness assessments? Program design? Health promotion? Health and fitness knowledge?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Fitness.

Interview

There were three steps of the interview process - an HR manager phone interview, a hiring manager phone interview, and a third phone interview with the hiring manager's supervisor. Each interview was an hour long and the entire process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Experience during past positions, how I would handle inter-departmental projects, situational questions regarding working with various levels of coworkers and navigating difficult situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was held in one of the company gyms. Very laid back, each member of the team was sitting around me asking a few questions about my resume and my abilities.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone you see in the gym who has poor form?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Marysville, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple. She basically told me what the position was and what I would be doing. She asked mainly about my experience in personal training, group fitness, program design and assessment.

Health Fitness Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Health Fitness (Stamford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

Very nice interview. The manager was very nice and did not ask any ridiculous questions. Mostly asked about education and working experience. Also asked about hours willing to work ( early mornings/late nights)

Health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Health Fitness.

Interview

Know about the company mission, have decent knowledge of biometric screening, and be prepared to do a mock health coaching call. They started by having an HR person contact me after submitting my resume, they asked a few preliminary questions about my education and work experience. I then received two follow up calls for interviews with a health advising supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Brownie points during your mock interview: acknowledge the client's strengths, ask them about their goals, let them know HealthFitness has programs they may be interested in enrolling in, especially health coaching, and remind them to see their doctor annually.   Answer Question