Heartland Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Heartland Express Interview Questions

2.1

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Heartland Express (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter for Heartland Express and he was simply impatient and nasty. I'm asking real and tangible questions about what the work environment will be like and the expectations. Not every trucking company is the same. Move on, not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you willing to be out 3-4 weeks at a time?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Be on time, dress accordingly for a professional review like you would for any office job. They are to the point and will let you job shadow after going through a couple layers of people. There is negotiation involved with the pay rate but everything else is pretty firm. It is a tight group of managers you will deal with.

Driver Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Express in January 2016.

Interview

Long process had to speak with three people then sit with another manager to see there system. Took over 2 hours to complete. In my opinion the process was not organized very well.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to heartland d express?   1 Answer

Regional Trucking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heartland Express.

Interview

3 Day Orientaion just like any other trucking company. bus ride, hotel, free breakfast and lunch. You take a drug screen and do a mountain of paperwork. After day three they issue a fuel card, and truck, and are given a fleet manager that dispatches your first load.

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Express (Olive Branch, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

I was phoned by corporate, and set up with a time to meet with the terminal manager. When I arrived, I filled out an application, handed in my resume and was interviewed in an office one on one

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with dispatching and my knowledge of dot regulation   Answer Question

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Liberty, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Heartland Express (North Liberty, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

They scheduled the interview essential than 24 hours after I applied for the job. The first part of the interview was to fill out a paper application that consisted of repeating the information already provided on my resume. This included references whose contact information I had to dig through my phone to find. After that, I interviewed first with a man from HR. This, as well as the other two interviews I conducted while at their location, was perfectly fine. Since there were two positions open l, I interviewed with managers of both departments. They all seemed like good people but the whole process took an hour and a half during a workday.

Regional Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heartland Express (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and was in a truck the following Monday. Low pay, good for a couple checks to get on ur feet. Bascailly if you have a CDL you have a job.

Interview Questions

• Basic process for all the big carriers.   1 Answer

Collector/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Liberty, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heartland Express (North Liberty, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

It took over a month for HR to contact me after receiving my information/resume. The recruiter was extremely polite and apologetic in the delay in response. He was very easy to talk to and informative.

Interview Questions

• After completing our phone conversation, an interview was schedule. I was just really impressed with the politeness.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Heartland Express.

Interview

I came on as a temporary employee through a temp agency doing data entry, then was offered a full-time position doing the same thing. No interview was given.

Night Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heartland Express (Coralville, IA) in July 2013.

Interview

When I was hired, over 13 years ago, interview was very simple. Basic questions have you managed people before are you willing to work until the job is done? Interviewed by fleet manager supervisor and after hours supervisor. Offered the job then next day. Training was three day orientation and then straight to sitting with a fleet manager for a week and then to off shift. Sink or swim approach.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you supervised at your previous employer.   Answer Question