Hein & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy, and smooth. I received an office visit email about two weeks. All of the staff were very welcoming towards me. We then went for lunch to a restaurant near the firm. 3 professionals came and had lunch with the other person that had an office interview that day and me. No weird questions, just a typical day interacting with them!

Interview Questions

• My interview was with an audit manager. The interviewer was very relaxing and easy to talk to. They only asked me one real interview question which was why I chose accounting.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was very standardized, but I got my offer letter very quickly after my office visit. I interviewed at my University once, then at the office once before I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that someone who worked for you was doing poorly and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO).

Interview

Pretty casual. Interviews were held in employees offices. Got to walk a round a little but didn't get a full office tour. The questions are pretty easy. Just be confident and be ready to talk through your resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was long and drawn out over at least 4 months. Started with an on-line application, and then waited for the HR specialist and initial contact. Then time dragged on and was instructed to fill out forms, and complete a psychological evaluation and other background investigations. Then a month later, I was scheduled for interviews and then waited several more weeks. Then a phone call came with an offer which was almost 4.5 months after initial submission.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and how I would handle interactions with clients and basic problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates.

Interview

interviewed with a Tax Manager and a Tax Partner at the University's campus; very friendly interview.
    During the office interview, you arable to really get a sense of the culture since you get interviewed by 6+ employees.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hein & Associates.

Interview

Not a lot of questions, had not really an idea what they were looking for, it seemed that the person I was speaking with did not know a lot about the company

Interview Questions

• What I did previously, what my skill level was, what my plan was in the next 5 years, what I knew about the company, what my availability was   Answer Question

Hein & Associates Response

Jun 1, 2016

I am sorry to hear about your interview. We are continuing to refine our interview process and will take this feedback into consideration. We appreciate your candid feedback.

Staff Associate Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Apply through university career center portal. After a week or so was informed that I was picked for interview. The interview was about 30 min long. After 2-3 days, I was informed not selected for the onsite interview

Interview Questions

• no specific behavior questions. Just went through the resume a little bit. Most of the time, the partner talked so much about their culture.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

This interview was conducted very poorly and unprofessionally. I was point blank told I would not fit in with everyone because there were certain "cliques" within the company. The initial interviewer was completely extremely nice and agreeable, however, once I made it further into the interview process the interviewers became self important and condescending. Overall, this interview was the most unprofessional one I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• How will do you take criticism because every team member faces harsh critiques as part of their review process?   Answer Question

Hein & Associates Response

Jun 1, 2016

I am sorry to hear about your interview. We are always striving to do better and will take this feedback and hopefully grow for it. We appreciate your candid feedback.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Probably the most laid back interview process ever. Started off the day with three 30 min interviews with various staff members. No one asked any difficult accounting questions (what a relief) they just wanted to get to know you and your personality so they could assess if you would be a fit for the company. After the first three interviews the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch at the Houston room which was pretty superb. After lunch I had one last interview with the Senior Manager. Went exceptionally well. After the interviews were done I was told I would hear from them in about a week on whether I got the job or not. Exactly one week later I got the call and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself. (Yes that was the hardest question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Took me out to lunch and made sure I would get along well with the people I knew best in the department. Very casual interview process in which they were more interested in me as a person. Not the typical boring interview questions like where do you see yourself in 10 yrs.