Hein & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hein & Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Hein & Associates

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very lax interview. It was more of a "would I want to spend 55 hours a week with this person" interview. Be yourself, they can tell if you're just saying what they want to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy, and smooth. I received an office visit email about two weeks. All of the staff were very welcoming towards me. We then went for lunch to a restaurant near the firm. 3 professionals came and had lunch with the other person that had an office interview that day and me. No weird questions, just a typical day interacting with them!

Interview Questions

• My interview was with an audit manager. The interviewer was very relaxing and easy to talk to. They only asked me one real interview question which was why I chose accounting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was very standardized, but I got my offer letter very quickly after my office visit. I interviewed at my University once, then at the office once before I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that someone who worked for you was doing poorly and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was contacted on a Monday and asked about my schedule to come in for a group interview. The interview was scheduled for the following Friday. I interviewed with two supervisors, a staff auditor, and a partner. They really would like to get a feel for how well you work with others, and if you would be a good fit. I prepared for a more conventional interview, but I also prepared for a more personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• I researched the company a lot, and was prepared to show them who I was, and that I wanted to be there.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Probably the most laid back interview process ever. Started off the day with three 30 min interviews with various staff members. No one asked any difficult accounting questions (what a relief) they just wanted to get to know you and your personality so they could assess if you would be a fit for the company. After the first three interviews the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch at the Houston room which was pretty superb. After lunch I had one last interview with the Senior Manager. Went exceptionally well. After the interviews were done I was told I would hear from them in about a week on whether I got the job or not. Exactly one week later I got the call and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself. (Yes that was the hardest question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Panel interview that consisted of 6 rounds of 1:1 interviews with all levels of the company (staff, senior, supervisor, manager, senior manager, and partner interviews) with part of the interview taking place during lunch. Panel interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour per person. Panels are very personable and friendly, didn't ask any tricky or weird questions. The questions were more about trying to get a feel for me as a person to see if I would be a good fit for the company as a whole. Asked questions about my education, past work experience, and personnel life questions (non-intrusive).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Hein?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since I was interviewing for an internship with no past experience in public accounting. If you have experience in the field, you will probably have more room and options for negotiations. Compensation was very generous for my level of experience and being fresh out of school.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO).

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable. Two half hour meetings with a partner and then with a manager. Casual and open conversations simply trying to learn about each other. Finished with lunch with a few supervisors and managers.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO).

Interview

Pretty casual. Interviews were held in employees offices. Got to walk a round a little but didn't get a full office tour. The questions are pretty easy. Just be confident and be ready to talk through your resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy very casual. No practical question. Very conversational. First interview was on campus. Then had an office visit. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. Took about 2 weeks to get a response.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hein & Associates (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

This interview was conducted very poorly and unprofessionally. I was point blank told I would not fit in with everyone because there were certain "cliques" within the company. The initial interviewer was completely extremely nice and agreeable, however, once I made it further into the interview process the interviewers became self important and condescending. Overall, this interview was the most unprofessional one I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• How will do you take criticism because every team member faces harsh critiques as part of their review process?   Answer Question

Hein & Associates Response

Jun 1, 2016

I am sorry to hear about your interview. We are always striving to do better and will take this feedback and hopefully grow for it. We appreciate your candid feedback.