HelloFresh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2018

2.5

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2018.

Interview

One rescheduled because she forgot a meeting and second call reschedule because no one answered. She called me and as everyone a cell phone shows missed calls. I finally reached her. She would notify me that day by phone of status and failed again. Pay is $12/hour based on experience.

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Went through a phone screen and then a phone call with the manager. Never heard back after the second phone call despite following up with them. Questions during interview were pretty basic - nothing too challenging. A little unprofessional to just never respond to emails.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

After a very nice and discriptive phone discussion with a recruiter we scheduled tech screening. It was quite straightforward, coding question wasn't hard and the feedback was positive.
    The following skype interview with two engineers was weird. Probably the weirdest interview I had this year. Once again the coding question was super simple. Something about parsing json from API response (I do it at work every day). But then they asked a lot of purely theoretical questions and expected the exact responses - like in the textbook. Sometimes it was quite ridiculous.
    - In order to achieve this, you have to inject dependencies during object creating process.
    - And how this methodology is called?
    :) Obviously, it's called a dependency injection (just a fancy word for passing arguments).
    A couple of school level questions like "Can you create an instance of an abstract class?" Or "Why do you need an interface?".
    After the interview I had an impression that they are actually looking for someone who will teach theory at high school.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Talk to the recruiter, and they give you a hacker rank test with 3 coding questions. After you complete the test, you tell the recruiter and they give you a score out of 100. If the recruiter says you failed, that’s ALL the feedback you get. You cannot go back and review your work in Hacker Rank after you've completed the test.

The entire test is automated with unit tests, so it was strange they couldn’t just tell you after you submit all your answers.

Pay extremely close attention to the run results in Hacker Rank; don’t just look for the Tests Passed text in Hacker Rank, and assume everything is fine. I glossed over them and lost points.

Overall I felt that there was a total lack of respect for the perspective developer’s time. If a company feels so inclined as to ask someone take time out of their day to write a coding test, at the very least they should be willing to spend time and review and provide meaningful feed back, regardless if the candidate is moving forward or not. Or perhaps just make the test public and skip the phone screen altogether.

Interview Questions

• Give an array of numbers find the max difference.   1 Answer
    • Given a log file say from a web server parse each line in the file and count the occurrences of each host name. Write the results out to a file with a pre-determined filename.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a nice chat with the HR person. After a week or so was scheduled to interview in person in NYC office. The interview was very informal. People running all over the place, all but one interviewer was late, but hardly a big deal. The questions were standard fair, for people who obviously don't interview much.. I was then asked to do a case study at a separate date. I found it difficult as the question fundamentally changes the direction of the company's operations and I had a short 2 paragraph summary to go off of. I presented my findings and opinion and I guess it wasn't in agreement with what they "Feel" it should be. So that was that. I guess they want a bunch of yes men or people to make drastic decisions off a few blurbs? After that I was ghosted (which they are notorious for). I had to keep hounding them as I honestly didn't really care about working there, but wanted closure and feedback. The feedback was so positive, which made the lack of an offer even more baffling. This is just their way of trying to avoid difficult situations by letting people down, but that fundamentally goes against what HR/Recruiting's mission should be. It's not the end of the world to be honest with folks. Either way, this whole meal delivery industry is flash in the pan. Blue Apron, Plated and 200 other copy cats...no thanks. All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. The folks were very pleasant and knowledgeable, but their HR dept needs to get it's act together. You see a consistent story in these reviews that HR doesn't get back to people. That is completely unacceptable and disgraceful. People spend time and in most instances, go behind their current employers to make time to interview there. That is the only reason this was a negative experience for me. This dragged out for probably 6-7 weeks, which could have been reduced to maybe 2, max if their HR dept acted like a normal company's would.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

It's a fairly standard interview process. I had an initial phone call with a recruiter and then a second conversation with a more senior person on the team. This took about 2 weeks. It took another two weeks for them to reach back out to schedule an in-person interview. There's no follow up from the team, all of their emails are incredibly generic, and it doesn't feel like they've put any thought into their recruiting process (no care for candidate experience).

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult - they were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted an application on their website. Within a few days, the recruiter reached out to me and we discussed my background/the role. I really appreciated the initial discussion for the conversational nature and how the recruiter managed to explain the role and how it fit my skill set. There's a lot of overlap between the different departments at a startup, and it helped to contextualize more of the day to day, and not just what was listed for the role. I setup an interview for the following day, and met with my possible supervisor for an hour. The following week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why HelloFresh? How does your previous role fit with the responsibilities of the role you are interviewing for? What is your relationship with food and cooking?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh in March 2015.

Interview

Brief skype interview. The interviewer was not engaged and was telling more about her experience rather than asking interviewee questions. The role was not described well and not advertised at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR, followed by excel test and in-person group panel. Recruiter who gave me a "tour" was extremely awkward and I found myself having to ask them questions to keep them comfortable. Never heard back, they just ignore emails. So I assume no offer? Definitely not the right way to recruit people, extremely unprofessional and clearly no respect for candidates that they spend weeks talking to. The poor reviews by employees make sense after meeting members of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screening and was then asked to take an excel assessment. The excel was pretty difficult in my opinion especially for an entry-level position (required pivots, sumifs, countifs, index+match, etc) . After finishing it in 24 hours, I was invited to go in for an in-person interview. I went in and received a tour around the company. I was led into a room and I met with 5 people in 2 hours. Met with an analyst, two campaign managers, an SVP, and the manager that I would be under. All the rounds were pretty much behavioral questions + questions about my resume and experience with data/preferred working environment/ etc. The last round with the manager was actually a walkthrough of an exercise looking at a fictional campaign and interpreting the data. He made it pretty easy to go through and it wasn't too difficult. It was a test that mixed quantitative and marketing knowledge. I did not pass this interview because the responsibilities of the job kept changing and were no longer entry-level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze a data set. What process did you go through?   Answer Question