HelloFresh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HelloFresh Interview Questions

Interviews at HelloFresh

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Morbid waste of time!

I was reached out from another job search marketplace where I had already listed my desired salary AND my prior working experiences in my profile. During the recruiter call, she kept downplaying my prior working experiences to try to set the salary expectations much lower and kept emphasizing that I hastily push through with their interview process and try to get the coding challenge done in one day's time. So I finished it over the night; putting any other plans on hold. The next morning I see my interview profile on the job search marketplace was closed by them (which could only mean I haven't made it to the next round). I emailed her for an update to see what she says and she replies that she's going to reach out to the manager for the next steps, which is very suspicious. I haven't heard back since.

It doesn't seem like their interview process is well coordinated and transparent overall, and I'd advise anyone else who interviews with them to look for these red flags during the recruiter call before even committing energy and time to the next steps in their process.

Interview Questions

• LC medium/hard: All subarray combinations that meet a criteria of an initial master array   Answer Question
    • Easy: Make a series of http get requests to compose an array of string data (hardest part was the integrated environment and having to use its pre-built libraries)   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, got a call from HR for initial screening. Process afterward following by another interview with the hiring manager, then final round is with team members. Entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• background information and a lot of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Phone screen, easy take home excel test, zoom interview. Overall felt very transactional and didn't seem like the recruiter or the interviewer had any interest in me beyond my resume. Zoom interviewer was late to the interview, didn't apologize, didn't introduce themselves, fired off a list of generic and unimaginative behavioral questions, gave me a mini case with little direction, and then signed off fairly rudely.

Interview Questions

• Why this role, tell me about a time you took ownership over a product   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Steps
    1. Recruiter interview
    2. Task
    3. Technical interview with 2 Engineers

Review
    1. The recruiter questions were very basic and it feels like university interviews and not Interview for a big company. I have passed this step
    2. The task wasn't difficult but a resource consuming especially if no one will consider reviewing it. Every aspect the task was testing can be tested easily in an interview with questions without having to waste time on a task. I have passed this step
    3. Technical interview with two Engineers. That was the worst part. Two Engineers that they don't understand what you're saying and they have no idea about some technologies you are talking about. It feels like they are asking questions because they have to but they do not follow up on any answer. Some questions depends on memorizing the name of certain services. No one asked any question about the task or reviewed it.

The final step the recruiter reached out to me with a rejection with a basic feedback that we need someone with more experience with deploying. However, I was asked only one question during the interview related to this which was answered correctly but it feels like they are rejecting without knowing the reason

To be honest I noticed that the process is not organized after my first step but I decided to continue to take the interviewing experience only and practice so my bad review is not based on the rejection. I hope they improve in the future because the product is very good and working on it is interesting

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

2 phone calls then on-site. They don't pay for your travels but I needed a job so paid out of pocket for the on-site. They are desperate for talent so the hiring bar is very low. Enough said.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences. Are you a quantitative thinker?   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Richmond, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Very professional structured email communication was great and the video interview two of them were amazing

Third interview out of New York to, be honest the person was so intense it seem more like an attack and then interview left me with a bad feeling wasn’t even interested in pursuing often wonder do their higher-ups know how this person is interviewing probably not.

I’m glad I know now than later teamwork is what really makes a company thrive

Interview Questions

• Typical how big of a warehouse did you work in   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

Not too bad. Pretty standard. Was a good experience overall. Phone screen, then a technical round on phone. Then the least round in person. Phone screening was pretty standard he questions. Phone technical was related to their systems and operations they follow. The last round in person was in depth. Questions were related to past experience and also technical skills as well

Interview Questions

• Standard resume related experience questions.
      Not too much technical   2 Answers

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I arrived 20 min early and I was greeted with a smile and a pleasant welcoming. I filled out the application and then was told that all of the open positions had been filled to call back next week. I was rather disappointed.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

After applying through LinkedIn I was contacted by external recruiting company then scheduled for in person meeting with sales manager. He looked over my resume and asked about my interests and relationship with sales.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in direct sales   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

First got a first-round interview with the HR and a second phone interview with the senior analyst. Then I got an onsite interview with an one-hour excel test also meeting 5 other members from the team.

Interview Questions

• Why HelloFresh? How does your skillset fit in the position?   Answer Question