HelloFresh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HelloFresh

2.5

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Went through a phone screen and then a phone call with the manager. Never heard back after the second phone call despite following up with them. Questions during interview were pretty basic - nothing too challenging. A little unprofessional to just never respond to emails.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

A very drawn out and disorganized interview process consisting of multiple phone screens and multiple in person meetings. Cutting to the chase, this company appears extremely disorganized as evidenced by the haphazard interview scheduling and process. People I spoke with didn't seem to have a grasp of what their own jobs entailed. A portion of the American segment seem to have their hands tied behind their backs from their international leaders. Some of the perceived American leaders do not appear to have much of a say in real decision making processes and are there just because of the American market growth. This was a complete waste of my time.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

It's a fairly standard interview process. I had an initial phone call with a recruiter and then a second conversation with a more senior person on the team. This took about 2 weeks. It took another two weeks for them to reach back out to schedule an in-person interview. There's no follow up from the team, all of their emails are incredibly generic, and it doesn't feel like they've put any thought into their recruiting process (no care for candidate experience).

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult - they were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh in March 2015.

Interview

Brief skype interview. The interviewer was not engaged and was telling more about her experience rather than asking interviewee questions. The role was not described well and not advertised at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR, followed by excel test and in-person group panel. Recruiter who gave me a "tour" was extremely awkward and I found myself having to ask them questions to keep them comfortable. Never heard back, they just ignore emails. So I assume no offer? Definitely not the right way to recruit people, extremely unprofessional and clearly no respect for candidates that they spend weeks talking to. The poor reviews by employees make sense after meeting members of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screening and was then asked to take an excel assessment. The excel was pretty difficult in my opinion especially for an entry-level position (required pivots, sumifs, countifs, index+match, etc) . After finishing it in 24 hours, I was invited to go in for an in-person interview. I went in and received a tour around the company. I was led into a room and I met with 5 people in 2 hours. Met with an analyst, two campaign managers, an SVP, and the manager that I would be under. All the rounds were pretty much behavioral questions + questions about my resume and experience with data/preferred working environment/ etc. The last round with the manager was actually a walkthrough of an exercise looking at a fictional campaign and interpreting the data. He made it pretty easy to go through and it wasn't too difficult. It was a test that mixed quantitative and marketing knowledge. I did not pass this interview because the responsibilities of the job kept changing and were no longer entry-level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze a data set. What process did you go through?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted an application on their website. Within a few days, the recruiter reached out to me and we discussed my background/the role. I really appreciated the initial discussion for the conversational nature and how the recruiter managed to explain the role and how it fit my skill set. There's a lot of overlap between the different departments at a startup, and it helped to contextualize more of the day to day, and not just what was listed for the role. I setup an interview for the following day, and met with my possible supervisor for an hour. The following week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why HelloFresh? How does your previous role fit with the responsibilities of the role you are interviewing for? What is your relationship with food and cooking?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast-paced and fairly buttoned up. Both the in-house recruiter and the hiring manager asked good questions. I was asked to do One phone interview with HR and one with the hiring manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

very short interview. the wrost part is, they never get back to you. but they claimed it. this is horrible that you lie to people. if you don't want a candidate just tell him.

Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh in January 2016.

Interview

The NJ office seems to be run by a bunch of inexperienced people in Management. I had a very unprofessional in person interview, we were constantly interrupted by other workers coming in to ask the managers questions. While I was giving my talk about my background one of the hiring managers kept interrupting me as I spoke (very unprofessional). The office itself is filled with unskilled labor "customer service" agents. The building was not kept well, chairs in their "waiting area" was so stained I did not want to sit on it, folding tables for desks and people sitting on top of each other. By far the worst customer service call center I have ever seen. I don't understand how a company can have their place looking like this and have visitors see how this place looked, especially that they are in the food service industry. There seemed to be zero dress code among the employees, people dressed like they just rolled out of bed or going to stand on the street corner. This company has a lot to learn about how to operate like a professional company and pay to hire the right skilled employees, especially when dealing with food. I never got an offer or even an email to say they choose someone else, but that's fine because to be honest even if I got an offer I would have turned it down, I am sure it would have been a very low ball offer also.