HelloFresh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HelloFresh Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2018

2.5

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Went through a phone screen and then a phone call with the manager. Never heard back after the second phone call despite following up with them. Questions during interview were pretty basic - nothing too challenging. A little unprofessional to just never respond to emails.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

It's a fairly standard interview process. I had an initial phone call with a recruiter and then a second conversation with a more senior person on the team. This took about 2 weeks. It took another two weeks for them to reach back out to schedule an in-person interview. There's no follow up from the team, all of their emails are incredibly generic, and it doesn't feel like they've put any thought into their recruiting process (no care for candidate experience).

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult - they were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted an application on their website. Within a few days, the recruiter reached out to me and we discussed my background/the role. I really appreciated the initial discussion for the conversational nature and how the recruiter managed to explain the role and how it fit my skill set. There's a lot of overlap between the different departments at a startup, and it helped to contextualize more of the day to day, and not just what was listed for the role. I setup an interview for the following day, and met with my possible supervisor for an hour. The following week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why HelloFresh? How does your previous role fit with the responsibilities of the role you are interviewing for? What is your relationship with food and cooking?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HelloFresh in March 2015.

Interview

Brief skype interview. The interviewer was not engaged and was telling more about her experience rather than asking interviewee questions. The role was not described well and not advertised at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone screening and was then asked to take an excel assessment. The excel was pretty difficult in my opinion especially for an entry-level position (required pivots, sumifs, countifs, index+match, etc) . After finishing it in 24 hours, I was invited to go in for an in-person interview. I went in and received a tour around the company. I was led into a room and I met with 5 people in 2 hours. Met with an analyst, two campaign managers, an SVP, and the manager that I would be under. All the rounds were pretty much behavioral questions + questions about my resume and experience with data/preferred working environment/ etc. The last round with the manager was actually a walkthrough of an exercise looking at a fictional campaign and interpreting the data. He made it pretty easy to go through and it wasn't too difficult. It was a test that mixed quantitative and marketing knowledge. I did not pass this interview because the responsibilities of the job kept changing and were no longer entry-level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze a data set. What process did you go through?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR, followed by excel test and in-person group panel. Recruiter who gave me a "tour" was extremely awkward and I found myself having to ask them questions to keep them comfortable. Never heard back, they just ignore emails. So I assume no offer? Definitely not the right way to recruit people, extremely unprofessional and clearly no respect for candidates that they spend weeks talking to. The poor reviews by employees make sense after meeting members of the team.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast-paced and fairly buttoned up. Both the in-house recruiter and the hiring manager asked good questions. I was asked to do One phone interview with HR and one with the hiring manager.

Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh in January 2016.

Interview

The NJ office seems to be run by a bunch of inexperienced people in Management. I had a very unprofessional in person interview, we were constantly interrupted by other workers coming in to ask the managers questions. While I was giving my talk about my background one of the hiring managers kept interrupting me as I spoke (very unprofessional). The office itself is filled with unskilled labor "customer service" agents. The building was not kept well, chairs in their "waiting area" was so stained I did not want to sit on it, folding tables for desks and people sitting on top of each other. By far the worst customer service call center I have ever seen. I don't understand how a company can have their place looking like this and have visitors see how this place looked, especially that they are in the food service industry. There seemed to be zero dress code among the employees, people dressed like they just rolled out of bed or going to stand on the street corner. This company has a lot to learn about how to operate like a professional company and pay to hire the right skilled employees, especially when dealing with food. I never got an offer or even an email to say they choose someone else, but that's fine because to be honest even if I got an offer I would have turned it down, I am sure it would have been a very low ball offer also.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was great! Gave me all the information I needed or wanted. The process was to the point. All the people who interviewed me were friendly and asked me good questions.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online. I received a call back from an amazing recruiter. She conducted an initial screening to see if I was a good fit for the role. I passed this part. I was then scheduled for a phone interview. Met with another manager and the conversation went well. I then made it to an in person interview. I met various operations leaders and they were all respectful. A few members of the management team had no idea who I was and did not look at my resume beforehand. Some of their team members were not well trained at interviewing candidates. Their questions did not flow, there was no transition and they did not ask STAR questions nor questions that pertained to the role. Hellofresh actually did not know what they wanted from this role. Different leaders gave me different job descriptions and they were all extremely vague. I met with the director of the facility last. He frequently checked his phone to either text/check his emails during my interview. Near the end of the interview he folded up my resume like a piece of paper. Not sure if this was a test or if he is just an unpleasant individual. Overall I believe the ops recruiter is amazing. She seems to care about the external candidates. I think the company needs more of a streamlined/defined process for recruiting. Manager should be trained on how to properly interview candidates. Hellofresh is also very slow when responding to emails, if they respond at all. They will not follow up with you after you have interviewed with them. You are left to assume that you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• All questions were situational based and questions based on your background   Answer Question