HelloFresh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY).

Interview

Talk to the recruiter, and they give you a hacker rank test with 3 coding questions. After you complete the test, you tell the recruiter and they give you a score out of 100. If the recruiter says you failed, that’s ALL the feedback you get. You cannot go back and review your work in Hacker Rank after you've completed the test.

The entire test is automated with unit tests, so it was strange they couldn’t just tell you after you submit all your answers.

Pay extremely close attention to the run results in Hacker Rank; don’t just look for the Tests Passed text in Hacker Rank, and assume everything is fine. I glossed over them and lost points.

Overall I felt that there was a total lack of respect for the perspective developer’s time. If a company feels so inclined as to ask someone take time out of their day to write a coding test, at the very least they should be willing to spend time and review and provide meaningful feed back, regardless if the candidate is moving forward or not. Or perhaps just make the test public and skip the phone screen altogether.

Interview Questions

• Give an array of numbers find the max difference.   Answer Question
    • Given a log file say from a web server parse each line in the file and count the occurrences of each host name. Write the results out to a file with a pre-determined filename.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

Call with a recruiter
    Call with an analyst
    Call with the operations manager
    Skype with HR
    Call from the Director of Sales

All took about 2 weeks, it was a little odd not meeting anyone in person, but with technology it was a simple process

Interview Questions

• Mainly just about my background and how I handle certain situations   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Richmond, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screen with their recruiter who liked me and scheduled an interview for me to meet the HRM who was very new to the company at the time (who also voiced being overwhelmed after only being there for a week or so) and also moved on to speaking to another manager who was definitely not interested in what I had to say in any of her questions. At the end of the interview, when asked if she had any questions about anything I had said in the interview that I could clarify to her, she didnt have anything to say but started asking why I applied for the job and kind of implied I didn't have a chance and made me feel like I shouldn't have bothered to apply or why the recruiter even put me through the pipeline.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

Applied to the job, had a phone interview 2-3 days later, had an in-person interview about a week later (it lasted about 30 minutes, very casual interview), and was offered the job 3 days after.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter from TX for a job in CA. I was asked to pick a couple of times they had listed for an initial call. I responded within the hour and that was the last I ever heard from them. I tried to follow up by email and by phone with no response. Very unprofessional. Since the position was close to my house I wanted to make sure that I was flexible with my available times so I had to move a couple of things around to make sure I would be free when the call came in.

Special Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Newark, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

I was originally contacted months prior in regards to a Supply Chain Manager role. I briefly discussed this role with the recruiter, and there did not seem to be much traction on each side which was fine. Stemming from this, another recruiter reached out to me in early March in regards to an operations related role (Senior Operations Manager). From here is where it became rather uncoordinated and created a poor experience.

To consolidate, I interviewed with the first two recruiters, a director on the phone, three people on site, another person on the phone, the recruiter again, and another director on the phone, and lastly the recruiter another time.

After the on site, the managers had exceptional reviews but steered me towards a more intricate role with special operations. From here, to the recruiters defense, the director had no idea what he really wanted in this role. As a result, all of the candidates were left in limbo. My overall experience was "everyone loved your experience and skills that you can bring to the company", but no one wanted to pull the trigger on onboarding. Some of this was attributed to being "over-qualified" for some roles, some was attributed to the management team having nearly zero structure. As of now, after over two months, I've been told that the director is still deciding what he wants with this role, so no decisions have been made.

Interview Questions

• Why hello fresh? Situational questions in reference to operations...process improvements, cultural improvements, etc.   Answer Question

Special Operations Manager Interview

Interview

HelloFresh is super unprofessional. After the initial phone screen, the recruiter just ghosted me. I followed up twice, but received no response. There is really no excuse. At this stage in their development they should have a more streamlined process for communicating with candidates

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty casual and conversational, I received a phone interview with a scheduler and then had an in-person interview with the sales manager. Sales manager was very easy to talk to and detailed in his expectations for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background - what is your experience with sales and marketing. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

UX Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HelloFresh (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

It was friendly and engaging, really did show that they were interested in building a culture of success where everybody contributed to the success of the company. Only problem was it seemed like the interview was heading somewhere but never did get a confirmation email that I was not selected to move on with the hiring process

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HelloFresh (Newark, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Interacting with the company and the staff was an overall positive experience. My interview with three of the managers was also very pleasant. I had to complete a presentation for this interview. The only thing that did not sit well with me during the process was the fact that after I interviewed the HR contact person reached out to me to gauge if I was still interested in the position. She stated that she "wish she could give me an offer today, but they still needed to continue the candidate process". One week later from that phone call I was told that I had not been given an offer in a very abrupt way. So I disliked the fact that they were unprofessional and misleading in that way since I had other jobs/offers to consider around that time.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about traveling to other offices when needed?   1 Answer