Help Scout Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Help Scout Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Help Scout

1 Interview Review

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Help Scout.

Interview

Applied on their website, where they asked the same question another person mentioned in their glassdoor review from 2016. That was a red flag, but I applied anyway. I really regret wasting my time applying with them.

They make you jump through hoops just to apply online. The culture they project is probably not reality. The claim to promote diversity, but their hiring process just wants the BEST. Hint: equality is sameness, equity is fairness. Best said by birmingham university "Treating someone fairly can sometimes mean having to treat them differently, in order to take into account their circumstances and enable them to participate on equal terms with everyone else. "

Just look at the video still on their careers page, I really do not see diversity (neither of race nor gender).

Interview Questions

• Please write a method in Java that determines if a string starts with an upper-case letter A-Z.   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work at Help Scout?   Answer Question
  • Why should Help Scout want to work with you?   Answer Question

Help Scout Response

Dec 16, 2019 – People Ops

Thank you for this feedback. I can see how application questions can feel like hoops to jump through and I'm sorry about that. I wish we could interview everyone who applies to Help Scout but we get hundreds of applications and rely on those questions to help us narrow the pool of candidates. And thanks so much for your comment about the video on our careers page. That video is several years old so it's certainly due for an update so we can better reflect the company we are today. Again, I'm always looking for ways to improve our hiring process so thanks very much for your feedback - I appreciate it.