Helpshift Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Helpshift

2.7

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Wish the interview process was broken up in a few days since it was a 4-hour long interview but I got to meet several people on the team so it gave me a good glimpse into the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a startup instead of a corporate company?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

My in-person interview took about 3-4 hours. Helpshift asked me a lot of difficult questions, but it was through this process that I understood more about the company. The Dir of HR really made an impression, she really sold me on Helpshift.

Interview Questions

• Here are the problems in our current workflows. How would you fix the broken links?   1 Answer

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift.

Interview

Very thorough and long. 6-7 people interview you. Looking for experience, past work examples. Stories on how you would solve problems. They are also looking for a culture fit and emphasis on why you are looking for a new job, what do you seek from a new job, and why you believe Helpshift is the right place for you. The GM of the office allows you to ask as many questions as you would like. That interview is where you share about yourself and what you plan to do next, your future plans and how you will contribute to the success of Helpshift

Interview Questions

• What do you do?
      How do you don it?
      What makes you do it better than others?
      How do you differentiate yourself?
      What are ways you solve problems, grow influence for your ideas, resolve disputes?
      Writing examples   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

You better know the challenger sales method or you’re wasting your time. Recruiter won’t take anyone without at least reading this method of sales. Maybe lots of SDR experience would override this but seriously this is what they’re looking for.

Maybe they were trying to make me do the challenger sale on them? Who knows.

Pretty standard interview otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Have you read about the challenger sale?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very clear communication through the entire hiring process! Responsive recruiter and prompt feedback.

Started with recruiter phone screen followed by a technical assessment homework assignment. After that I had an in-person meeting with four members of the team and a final presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you'd like to join HelpShift?   Answer Question

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Helpshift.

Interview

Quick email followed by a 30 minute phone screen with the lead recruiter. Had a nice conversation and she gave great background on the company and the role. She then said I would hear back early the following week. It's been a month and a half and I haven't heard anything.

Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant. Everyone was very nice. The interview was a general phone screen to see if we could be a match. Unfortunately they were looking for a web developer/graphic designer for one role and I had less experience as a designer. Both people I talked to were very nice though though, and I'm sure they are very pleasant to work with.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

A few phone screens with HR and an SC. I flew in across country and they won't pay my two days of miscellaneous expenses (meals and cab fare to and from the airport). I don't understand this at all given the time and travel for 2 days. Numerous emails after submitting expenses no response.

By the way you will be selling apps that sit on a smartphones...Something they really don't advertise until you get deep into the process. They should be hiring tactical sales reps not strategic. When I found this out I checked out on the presentation because after 15 years of experience selling strategic technology solutions there was zero chance I would take a job at an outfit like this. It would be a huge step down.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell an app on a smartphone...?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Received an email back same day or next day. I had a telephone interview with a member on the CSM team. Next, I had an in-person interview with various members of the CSM team and other departments. It was a very informative process and I had an opportunity to ask many questions and get a sense of the culture at Helpshift. I had a short "homework" assignment that was kind of like an exercise of how I might implement the product at my job. I had about two more in person interviews at the HQ after that.

Interview Questions

• You want to begin using Helpshift at your company, in your app. How would you pitch Helpshift

to your manager so that you can begin a trial?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me couple days after I applied online and set me up a phone interview with the Customer Support Manager.

On the phone call, the customer support manager would ask you troubleshooting skills which involves the steps you would need to take to approach the issue.

The Recruiter never got back to me whether or not I could proceed. It would be nice if they could simply let me know that I could not proceed to the next step.