Helpshift Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Helpshift

2.8

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied through Angellist. They reached out to me a couple weeks later. I interviewed with a product director and a recruiter in two different 45 min video interviews. Product director located in India and he was a nice person. Alongside with many product related challenging questions, he spared enough time for my background and also my questions about the role and the company. He perfectly described what they are looking for in 2-3 different aspects and provided transparent feedback about my performance which is usually rare in interviews.

HR set another interview with the CPO right before the holiday period. CPO didn't reach out. I have sent 2 follow up emails and none were replied. There is difference between having a remote/multi location working culture and a messy working culture. They should work more on understanding this difference and respect candidates more.

Although they have a great product with the perfect market fit, I have seen startups at this stage went down in such short notice, if they fail on building a company culture and business ethics. Think twice before spending your time for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background: Challenging problem solved, most impactful project worked on, questions about milestones in your career, project management style, leadership style

Why helpshift?Why B2B SaaS? What is you career plan? working permit? ok to travel? remote work?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews followed by an on-site with four rounds of 1 to 1s. Overall a very engaging experience. Conversational format with thoughtful questions. I was asked how I felt about the work that I did, which was the first time I'd been asked that in an interview. It made me feel like they were really interested in understanding what motivates me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you did where you were unclear about how to proceed or the resources you would need and how you approached it. How did you feel about the project at the end?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift in August 2019.

Interview

The process was quick, but after the second step they went awol for ten days. When I asked for a follow-up, I got an automated response saying I was no longer considered for the role. It's a pretty disrespectful way of treating someone who's invested time in learning about the organization and the role, so it's good that it did not work out. It would have been helpful to have a response from either of the contacts.

There were a few additional red flags, such as the recruiter not knowing what he budget for the role was, and pushing very insistently for being based out of SF when the role was posted and applied to in New York.

For these reasons, I would not recommend interviewing with this organization.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide some examples of past issue resolution?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Streamlined process with experienced recruiters.

1) Phone screening with recruiter - standard conversation to check for fit.

2) Call with senior team member - detailed conversation around your experience and skillset. Make sure you've researched the product.

3) On-site interview with multiple team members (be prepared to present) - You'll present to a group of team members and spend 1:1 time with 3-4 people from varying departments.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was late, interrupted me 4 times, asked some questions that were clearly shown on my resume. Overall, I felt the interviewer was unprofessional, rude and ill-prepared. I knew I would not be asked to move forward once I hung up the phone. I really liked the company and believed I was a good fit, but that golden opportunity was eliminated by this person.

Interview Questions

• What size quotas did I have?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what Helpshift does?   1 Answer

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Helpshift.

Interview

Quick email followed by a 30 minute phone screen with the lead recruiter. Had a nice conversation and she gave great background on the company and the role. She then said I would hear back early the following week. It's been a month and a half and I haven't heard anything.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very clear communication through the entire hiring process! Responsive recruiter and prompt feedback.

Started with recruiter phone screen followed by a technical assessment homework assignment. After that I had an in-person meeting with four members of the team and a final presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you'd like to join HelpShift?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

You better know the challenger sales method or you’re wasting your time. Recruiter won’t take anyone without at least reading this method of sales. Maybe lots of SDR experience would override this but seriously this is what they’re looking for.

Maybe they were trying to make me do the challenger sale on them? Who knows.

Pretty standard interview otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Have you read about the challenger sale?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me couple days after I applied online and set me up a phone interview with the Customer Support Manager.

On the phone call, the customer support manager would ask you troubleshooting skills which involves the steps you would need to take to approach the issue.

The Recruiter never got back to me whether or not I could proceed. It would be nice if they could simply let me know that I could not proceed to the next step.

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helpshift (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

phone interview with manager - home task - onsite .
    irrelevant questions, old school interviewing.
    they said during the interview that they will give feedback if I'm not selected, but of course didn't give any.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous places of work, how those companies differ from each other   Answer Question