Herman Miller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Holland, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter a couple of times before she had me come in for an interview with the manager. That interview was one-on-one and fairly informal. There was a follow up call after that.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

First there was a pre-screen telephone interview. The call was basically to ensure eligibility to work in the US, and to make sure any given candidate is worth the time and effort for a face to face interview. Call was 15-20 minutes.
    The following week I received an invitation to interview in person.
        The face to face interview was held in the territory where potential candidates would be working. The interview consisted of standard questions about relocating, previous experience, related knowledge and skill sets. I would not say the interview was "lax"; though it was not too rigorous. Personally, I enjoyed the open nature or style of the interview, as it allowed me as a candidate to really get a feel for the company & the specifics of the jod itself, as well. I found the individuals interviewing me to be authentic and sincere. The interview was about an hour long exchange that included both the individual in charge of decision making & another sales person familiar with the territory.

Interview Questions

• What would be the biggest challenge for you in this role ?   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Holland, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant process, I was greeted and given a tour of the beautiful building. I then met with a bunch of different people that were on the design team or worked with the design team.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

simple, very behavioral questions, very easy and relaxed, spoke over a video call and a phone call to chat about the role and basic qualifications that are required for the job

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herman Miller in February 2016.

Interview

very simple and unorganized. They are very laid back and not so formal given that Herman miller is a large company. it could work to your advantage depending on how you look at if.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal, sort of a conversation over the phone.
    Took around 30 minutes.
    I think the person who was in charge of the interview was very inexpert and did not know any information about the company that she worked for. As a candidate I'm allowed to ask question regarding the number of employees in the location to the general culture of the company and she couldn't respond. Among other details, I felt discriminated from the interviewer, our conversation changed given the fact that english is not my first language and other commentaries during our conversation that I do not want to expressed in here.
    Please be careful, sometime companies say that they do not discriminate, but they certainly do.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a moment where you felt recognized by your employers?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Interview

Very straight forward, there was 3 people in the interview, had 3 interviews total, very friendly people to interview with, they make you feel very welcomed and comfortable during the interview.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

I worked through Adecco temporary agency for quite awhile, then was hired in.

Interview Questions

• I needed to explain what I believe was expected to do as a manufacturing associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew what the pay rate would be, they offered it to me and I accepted it.

Government Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Formal an, professional. Many levels. Be prepared for a six month process.

Interview Questions

• How can you add value to the organization if hired for this position   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Holland, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

It begins with a 20-30 minute phone screening. Then I moved on to a 1 hour in person interview on one of their facilities. Heard back from them within 1 week.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller.

Interview

A phone behavioral interview and then a phone interview with the work team. The whole process was completed in less than two weeks. I got the offer the next day after my second interview.