Herman Miller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Holland, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter a couple of times before she had me come in for an interview with the manager. That interview was one-on-one and fairly informal. There was a follow up call after that.

Employee Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Zeeland, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, on-site interview with hiring manager and director, second on-site meet the team interview with 7 different team members. Application to job offer was about 5 weeks (process isn’t usually this quick). Great interview experience and their recruiter was the best I’ve ever worked with!

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller.

Interview

A phone behavioral interview and then a phone interview with the work team. The whole process was completed in less than two weeks. I got the offer the next day after my second interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herman Miller in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call from an HR representative. It was the strangest interview experience I've had to date. The woman came across as preoccupied and disinterested...I was left wondering why she called at all. At the very end, she said something along the lines of "I almost forgot to ask - what are your compensation expectations." Usually, this is why HR calls; they want to see if you're on the same page. I was left with the feeling they were just going through the motions.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview and was invited to do a face to face interview the same day, The interview was the next week and I was asked a few behavioral questions. Then I sat with an employee and learned about the job. Then I met with another manager. I was invited to do a final interview. The day before the interview I was called and told they cancelled my interview due to " A lot of things going on internally" and they would call to possibly reschedule. I was called 3 days later and told they promoted someone in the company to the position

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

The process moved along fairly quickly, even though I had to schedule time to have a phone interview with four other employees other than my manager. Everyone was very nice and made a point to not cause a stressful interviewing situation. Most asked well though through questions, and were definitely open to having me ask questions of them.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal, sort of a conversation over the phone.
    Took around 30 minutes.
    I think the person who was in charge of the interview was very inexpert and did not know any information about the company that she worked for. As a candidate I'm allowed to ask question regarding the number of employees in the location to the general culture of the company and she couldn't respond. Among other details, I felt discriminated from the interviewer, our conversation changed given the fact that english is not my first language and other commentaries during our conversation that I do not want to expressed in here.
    Please be careful, sometime companies say that they do not discriminate, but they certainly do.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a moment where you felt recognized by your employers?   1 Answer

Senior Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Holland, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter who told me to apply online. I did, interviewed with a global manager and was contacted for a second day of interviews. The second day was long, including 4 separate interviews with people and a lunch. I was contacted again to speak separately with someone from HR, so we did a phone interview to save time/driving. Everyone was super nice and helpful. HR was on top of email communication for the process, and it was all pretty painless. Plus the lunch was good.

Interview Questions

• If you had to write a tweet to summarize Herman Miller, what would it say?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Zeeland, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with some feedback in between. I completed one phone interview and two on site interviews. I was from out of town, but still within a reasonable distance, and they were very accommodating to my schedule. The two in-person interviews were both with a group of people. The first interview (onsite) was a two on one. The second interview (onsite) was divided into two different interview. The first was a one on one meeting and the second was a two on one. The questions asked were very situational and open ended. They really wanted you to provide examples from your previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to problem solve an issue at work?   Answer Question

Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Holland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked behavior based questions, basically how do you react under pressure. Name a time you seen someone doing something unethical and what did you do? Describe you last three jobs, what did you do, what was used, and why did you leave or why are you searching for different employment

Interview Questions

• Recall a time that you had an issue with an employee and what happened?   Answer Question

Options Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Herman Miller (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

I applied online, and talked to a recruiter at university career fair. Initially I was actually rejected by an automatic message, but three months later I received an email from a senior recruiter looking to schedule a phone interview. It was a very comfortable conversation, and they asked me to come in for an onsite interview next week. Everyone I talked to was very warm, welcoming had good advice. The interviews felt more like conversations than interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral. Even when I was asked technical questions I felt that they were more interested in hidden behavioral aspects within each response. The next morning I was offered to do a job shadow - mostly to verify that I was really interested in the specific work required.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in Herman Miller?
      What qualities do you expect in your coworkers?
      What are your long term goals?   Answer Question